Welker is going to be a FA.

Jetman_67

....heck no, I mean Sanchez couldn't possibly use a sure-handed slot receiver with some good yac potential to help him out on those short, intermediate routes. :rolleyes:

The same sure-handed WR who was what, 2nd in the league in drops last season ;-). I'd love to see Welker try to make the acrobatic catches Holmes has to on every catch...or should I say, not make those acrobatic catches. Either or.

Sure, if you take away 3+ inches in height, ~30 lbs, and give him a lunch pail, he's a Welker clone.

Good point. The goal is to get somoene who looks like Welker because those are the only guys who might be able to somewhat imitate his role. I hate when I miss things like that.

....heck no, I mean Sanchez couldn't possibly use a sure-handed slot receiver with some good yac potential to help him out on those short, intermediate routes. :rolleyes:

I realize you're a miserable Pats person being sarcastic, but you're right. As long as we'll never build a line that can block more than 0.5 seconds, we can forget longer routes.

I realize you're a miserable Pats person being sarcastic, but you're right. As long as we'll never build a line that can block more than 0.5 seconds, we can forget longer routes.

I'm actually not that miserable today.

I think Welker would be a solid addition to any team. I could be biased.

IF Tanny was a smart GM, he would try to get him. Even if they franchise him, make a offer the Patsies won't match like we did with Curtis Martin.

You mean the little 'poison pill' that has since been outlawed?

He will be tagged and it will be exclusive so no one can actually overpay him and force the Patriots hand.

You mean the little 'poison pill' that has since been outlawed?

He will be tagged and it will be exclusive so no one can actually overpay him and force the Patriots hand.

They're not going to tag Welker and pay him more than 10 million next year.

They're going to try and convince him to take a paycut and do things the "Patriot way" :hand: You really think its a coincidence Edelman was targeted as often as he was in the first quarter yesterday?

It's either that, or they let him walk and start the organizational BS leaks about him not being a team player that all of you will buy into and then when he sucks somewhere else you'll all be screaming about how you knew he was a product of the Pats system and was never really all that great to begin with.

They're not going to tag Welker and pay him more than 10 million next year.

They're going to try and convince him to take a paycut and do things the "Patriot way" :hand: You really think its a coincidence Edelman was targeted as often as he was in the first quarter yesterday?

It's either that, or they let him walk and start the organizational BS leaks about him not being a team player that all of you will buy into and then when he sucks somewhere else you'll all be screaming about how you knew he was a product of the Pats system and was never really all that great to begin with.

So,they targeted Edleman yesterday because they aren't going to tag him next season. LOL! Reach.

I love the Jets. I hate the Pats. But are we seriously saying here that Wes Welker isn't that good of a reciever? I guess if you throw out production, statistics, rankings and the fact that he has single-handedly killed our defenses and was kept when Randy Moss was released, and then forget that he also has special teams value and isn't a horrendous locker room cancer, then, well, yeah I guess he's not so great after all. No Thank You! We'll keep Santonio!

We dont need a slot Receiver we need a #1 wideout who can stretch the field. Is Vincent Jackson a free agent ? He would be a nice addition and get Braylon on the cheap

Imagine 2 big WR's like that with Kerley in the slot Probably wont ever happen with this team

Welker would never come to the Jets. He'd never want to play for Rex Ryan and has spent his entire career hating the Jets.

Three free agents that the Jets should take a serious look at this off-season. Even if the Jets sign one of them they'll be far better off:

Dan Connor, MLB. Good tackler and good pursuit to the ball. He's overshadowed in Carolina by Beason and Senn, and feels underappreciated. Would be a good compliment to Harris in the middle.

Eben Britton OT, injury plagued but still a punishing blocker tha thte Jets desperately need right now. Jaguars aren't going to pay him what he wants considering he's been injured the past year. Could be a bargain $$$ wise, and grew up in Brooklyn so maybe the idea of playing in his home town again could be appealing to him.

Johnny Knox, WR, has blazing speed and, quite frankly, is a better deep threat receiver than Santonio Holmes, who's still living off the Superbowl MVP (he played well in exactly one game, and has been mediocre ever since).

By the way, Peyton Manning or Mario Williams will never be Jets.Why even bother talking about them? The Jets can't afford either of them and keep Darrelle Revis. Also, the Jets would have to give up Sanchez, who's still a decent QB who needs the right coach and offensive line. The fact that he was making the exact same mistakes this past season that he was in his rookie year is much more of a reflection on Schottenheimer than it is on him. Bottom line - you can't call Sanchez "Sanchize" one year and make him a second stringer the next. Also, Mario Williams would be awesome to have but the Jets can't afford him because they paid all kinds of money Santanio Holmes.

Archived