Mike Mayock final mock gives the Jets...(warning: you'll discharge gametes)

T0mShane

9. Dion Jordan

13. Tyler Eifert

ROUND 1

NFL.COM | Apr 24th

MIKE MAYOCK

1. Chiefs: Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

2. Jaguars: Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

3. Raiders: Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

4. Eagles: Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

5. Lions: Ziggy Ansah DE BYU

6. Browns: Geno Smith QB West Virginia

7. Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina

8. Bills: Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

9. Jets: Dion Jordan DE Oregon

10. Titans: Dee Milliner CB Alabama

11. Chance Warmack OG Alabama

12. D.J. Fluker OT Alabama

13. Jets: Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

14. Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

15. Barkevious Mingo DE LSU

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't take that seriously at all. Why on God's green earth would the Jets take a DE in the fist round, when they used their first round picks the last two years to draft Coples and Wilkerson? Does Mayock think that Tannenbaum is still the GM? Because that's a move that Tannenbaum would make.

9. Dion Jordan

13. Tyler Eifert

While Jordan dropping that far would be a coup and as much as I like Tyler Eifert, I think we could get an absolute haul with a tradeup as there's a lot of teams who are insanely high on him. Atlanta certainly being one of them.  As time winds down, I just get the sense that we're only going to be picking once in the top 15, I'd say it's almost a sure thing.

Eifert is a good player but lets stop thinking he's the second coming of Tony G. He's a Dennis Pitta type of player, which is fine with me but he's being overrated.

He's a lot more Gronkowski-esque, IMO. He beats the sh*t out of safeties to get to passes.

I like both players enough to live with it, but I would be surprised if they sat still at both 9 and 13. 

Eifert's a beast. I like McDonald and Ertz but I think the gap in talent between Eifert and the next TEs is a large one. 

Agreed.

I think they stay put if those are the guys that are available at the time they are on teh clock.

I wonder sometimes if some of you guys even watch football from this decade.

Tight ends are routinely some of the top playmakers in most games, most weeks. The position has changed. Stop talking about Kyle ******* Brady, and starting talking about finding our Gronk or Graham. 

Tight ends are routinely some of the top playmakers in most games, most weeks. The position has changed. Stop talking about Kyle ******* Brady, and starting talking about finding our Gronk or Graham. 

Eifert isn't gronk or graham. 

It really is amazing. TEs change game. They get you first downs. They bail out your QB. They make it harder to blitz. They help your backs. They influence safety coverage. Yet, people still act like they're right tackles.

Eifert isn't gronk or graham. 

No, he's Eiffert. Thanks though.

It really is amazing. TEs change game. They get you first downs. They bail out your QB. They make it harder to blitz. They help your backs. They influence safety coverage. Yet, people still act like they're right tackles.

Yep. Fans are ******* stupid.

with lotulelei and mingo still on the board,do your really want efiert? i am not in favor of drafting a 1st round tight end,especially in the first half of the draft.he does look pretty good,tho

could you imagine us drafting defense twice in the first with our offense as horrible as it has been?

imo, the only guy the jets will draft defense for is jordan if he happens to fall to 9 otherwise i'd bet we go offense or trade down.

If you do that maybe Franklin or Bell in the second and one of the WR you like slips to the 3rd. Or Hunter or Woods/Swope and a RB like Barner in the 3rd. OG in the 4th, S in the fifth.

Then there's that QB thing...hmm I dunno.

Something like that lol. So many scenarios...

Archived