Which Player Stands Out The Most On Friday?

Call me Crazy, But i would like Rex Ryan to put our first round pick Dee Milliner up against Calvin Johnson (arguably the best Reciever in the league) even if just for two or three snaps.

Call it a "Hey rookie welcome to the NFL" moment. Looking foward to seeing Dee Miiliner do his thing against the Lions on Friday.

Call me Crazy, But i would like Rex Ryan to put our first round pick Dee Milliner up against Calvin Johnson (arguably the best Reciever in the league) even if just for two or three snaps.

Call it a "Hey rookie welcome to the NFL" moment. Looking foward to seeing Dee Miiliner do his thing against the Lions on Friday.

Who would argue that? LOL

Stephen Hill.

If he can connect with either QB, or better yet, both.  It will go a long way to boost the confidence of the entire team.

Can't cover 4.36 going deep...not nobody. 

AGREE man . Stephen Hill can open up the field with his speed. the rookie throws a great deep ball according to all the camp reporters. Im counting on Hill to have a great season for us

AGREE man . Stephen Hill can open up the field with his speed. the rookie throws a great deep ball according to all the camp reporters. Im counting on Hill to have a great season for us

I don't want to turn this into THAT thread. But the other guy can heap it deep also. I'd like to see if Clyde Gates can turn in his annual August superstar performance; he also has world class speed.  

I don't want to turn this into THAT thread. But the other guy can heap it deep also. I'd like to see if Clyde Gates can turn in his annual August superstar performance; he also has world class speed.  

LOL "that" thread. plenty of time for that. but yeah agreed. if clyde gates can hold it down this year it would be great. Santonio Holmes says he will be back around week 4. i just dont know if i believe that. the injury he got from what im hearing is the most serious kind

LOL "that" thread. plenty of time for that. but yeah agreed. if clyde gates can hold it down this year it would be great. Santonio Holmes says he will be back around week 4. i just dont know if i believe that. the injury he got from what im hearing is the most serious kind

Looking at the Lions' depth chart, we might be able to exploit any member of their secondary.  

That'll probably be the only way to beat them; through the air. 

CB1 Chris Houston (not a speed guy, probably be covering Hill)

CB2 Ronald Bartell (never heard of him)

CB3 Bill Bentley (highly touted  rookie)

CB4 Darius Slay (highly touted rookie)

If Edwards plays, he can mop the floor with anybody...and Kerley will have a field day. 

I would like to see how they use Tommy Bohanon, no joke. The fullback's role in this offense goes a long way towards covering or exposing the shortcomings at TE.

Of course, at a time when the TE position in having it's own virtual renaissance... we have NOBODY worth doodie at that position. Of course, especially considering the irony of Jets drafting TE over history... now that TEs can actually be the focal point of an offense, we have none.

I would like to see how they use Tommy Bohanon, no joke. The fullback's role in this offense goes a long way towards covering or exposing the shortcomings at TE.

Of course, at a time when the TE position in having it's own virtual renaissance... we have NOBODY worth doodie at that position. Of course, especially considering the irony of Jets drafting TE over history... now that TEs can actually be the focal point of an offense, we have none.

this is why i was so high on Tyler Efeirt from Notre Dame this draft......but whatever. the past is the past. couldve shouldve been. i hope Sheldon Richardson can put Brady on his ass with that inside pass rush

this is why i was so high on Tyler Efeirt from Notre Dame this draft......but whatever. the past is the past. couldve shouldve been. i hope Sheldon Richardson can put Brady on his ass with that inside pass rush

Remember in 2005, we traded the 26th overall to the Raiders for Doug Jolley and their second rounder (became Mike Nugent)? The Steelers took Heath Miller with the 30th overall. Great Tanny vision.

DT is just so much more valuable a position than TE, and I love me some TEs. If they had the two players rated closely, DT is the way to go there. Really wish they had taken a TE somewhere, though.

Remember in 2005, we traded the 26th overall to the Raiders for Doug Jolley and their second rounder (became Mike Nugent)? The Steelers took Heath Miller with the 30th overall. Great Tanny vision.

That was Bradway.

Oh, and the standout tomorrow night will probably be some guy who'll be on the bubble to make the roster in a couple weeks. But some RB, WR, TE, will put in a huge play, or some big stats, in the 3/4 of the game that will largely be occupied by 2nd-, 3rd-, and UPS-stringers.

The whole first team offense. I want to see a TD and get off the schniede right away.  hard to believe that we scored 1 TD all last preseason.  actually after watching our offense the rest of the year, it isnt that hard to believe...

Looking at the Lions' depth chart, we might be able to exploit any member of their secondary.  

That'll probably be the only way to beat them; through the air. 

CB1 Chris Houston (not a speed guy, probably be covering Hill)

CB2 Ronald Bartell (never heard of him)

CB3 Bill Bentley (highly touted  rookie)

CB4 Darius Slay (highly touted rookie)

If Edwards plays, he can mop the floor with anybody...and Kerley will have a field day. 

Joke?

Chris Houston is not a speed guy? He had one of the fasted times EVER at the combine.  He's faster than Hill.  Edwards?  Mop the floor?  

I don't really want to look to exploit matchups in the preseason.  I do like the idea of concentrating on the passing game.  

Joke?

Chris Houston is not a speed guy? He had one of the fasted times EVER at the combine. He's faster than Hill. Edwards? Mop the floor?

I don't really want to look to exploit matchups in the preseason. I do like the idea of concentrating on the passing game.

Joke? No, I wish...now after having looked at his stats.

I seriously just looked at their depth chart and for whatever reason thought Houston was the burnable, overrated CB from Atlanta. I'll admit I don't follow Detroit. I should've known Houston is their #1 shadow corner (and has been for the last three years). I know they have a good DL, and only had 4 wins last year. I just assumed their defensive woes were in the secondary. Turns out they're not in that bad of shape...and that probably won't be the dumbest thing I'll say this season. Or week.

But, if Edwards can't take an Oakland castoff (in Bartell) and/or some fresh off the boat rookies to the cleaners, he really doesn't belong on our team. I'll stand by my floor mopping comment. Bray was brought in to solidify our WR corp. if he can't beat out some knuckleheads in their first ever preseason game, we're toast.

Joke? No, I wish...now after having looked at his stats.

I seriously just looked at their depth chart and for whatever reason thought Houston was the burnable, overrated CB from Atlanta. I'll admit I don't follow Detroit. I should've known Houston is their #1 shadow corner (and has been for the last three years). I know they have a good DL, and only had 4 wins last year. I just assumed their defensive woes were in the secondary. Turns out they're not in that bad of shape...and that probably won't be the dumbest thing I'll say this season. Or week.

But, if Edwards can't take an Oakland castoff (in Bartell) and/or some fresh off the boat rookies to the cleaners, he really doesn't belong on our team. I'll stand by my floor mopping comment. Bray was brought in to solidify our WR corp. if he can't beat out some knuckleheads in their first ever preseason game, we're toast.

If Braylon Edwards were likely to mop the floor with ANY starting NFL corner he wouldn't have been on the street in late July.  Bartell was a decent starter on a bunch of bad teams in St Louis.  I don't remember him with Oakland. Probably took Berry's spot in Detroit.

i am thinking Sheldon Richardson.once he starts to go against the second and third stringers. he should get some sacks and tfl. with so many new starters and players on the jets this year to watch, I am going tohave to tape these pre season games

also,dying to see that dude ziggy that Detroit picked up go against some nfl quality lineman. a lot of guys are predicting that the jets will have a monster dline. I am thinking that detroits dline will rank right up there with the best of them

Stephen Hill.

If he can connect with either QB, or better yet, both. It will go a long way to boost the confidence of the entire team.

Can't cover 4.36 going deep...not nobody.

Word. If Stephen Hill can get it together, it'll go a long way to accelerating the rebuilding process.

"Stands Out?"  Do you mean positively or negatively?  Sanchez  will not play enough to truly stink, not in this game.  I don't make predictions, though.  Oh wait, here's one: if Rex goes with  Sanchez ( as I feel he will) Sanchez fails and rex gets fired for bringing Geno in too late.  That would be fitting, since Rex makes the same mistake over and over.  Heck, that does not even feel like a prediction.  As for Friday, I say Sheldon .

Archived