Next week we get a great test

CobraVerde

Indeed. However, I'm already wondering what the excuse will be if the Jets go down and beat the Titans in Tennessee.  Not seeing any glaring injuries, but there will be something to discredit them if they win I'm sure.  Which in all honesty, I'm fine with. These guys all seem to have a big chip on their shoulder and when they start to become favorites, they could suffer.  

Indeed. However, I'm already wondering what the excuse will be if the Jets go down and beat the Titans in Tennessee.  Not seeing any glaring injuries, but there will be something to discredit them if they win I'm sure.  Which in all honesty, I'm fine with. These guys all seem to have a big chip on their shoulder and when they start to become favorites, they could suffer.  

hopefully, something like this. "locker was in pieces. Quinton coples ripped off locker's head..cant win in this league when your qb is in 2 pieces. jets got lucky and still suck"

I'm not scared of Jake Locker or Chris Johnson.  Their defense, however, is looking pretty nasty.  Probably going to be a 16-13 kind of game.

There are quite a few teams built like us having some success so far...just gotta hope we keep it up on D and some of the turnovers start going our way.

3-1 ? I hope so... these titan's have been on a roll as mentioned above, and Chris Johnson is still a big threat remember that 99 yard run last time.

which I will admit our Run D was pitiful last year... Like... really bad. Shonn Greene ran on it in practice and that's probably why he was still the starter.... hmm ironic we play him next weekend lol. Any way it's a toss up... hope we end up running away with the win.

This Titans team is very similar to the Jets. Both of us lost close games we both arguably should have won against division favorites, and both won two relatively close games even though their Steelers game and our Bills game had a score that wasn't reflective of the real disparity in play. The Titans rank 7th in total defense, we are ranked 3rd. In terms of offense, shockingly, we are ranked 10th in total offense, while Tennessee is ranked 29th (but I think they have played better defenses in Pitt and Hou than we have). Shonn Greene won't be playing, and I have no doubt we will be able to neutralize Chris Johnson as well as keep Locker under a lot of pressure. I'm just worried about how Geno will play; we might have to suffer through 1-2 turnovers per game while he learns the ropes and with a defense like the Titans' I hope we can overcome those potential turnovers and score enough to win. The Jet fan in me sees us winning this game with a score of like 16-13, but I could easily the score being reversed.

Jets have not beaten a team with a winning record in so long I can't even remember.    This is a huge test for them and a game they really need to win.  

ps.  can anyone figure out the last time the Jets beat a team with a winning record?  

Week 9 of the 2011 season, the Bills were 5-2 going into the game.

Archived