Which 3 QB's are on the roster week 1 2014?

LionelRichie

I think Idzik is going to follow the Seattle model and completely churn this roster over the next couple of years.  I think Geno turns into a Tavaris Jackson type of player and serves as the long-term backup so this year's starting experience is great for him.   That means the future QB is either Simms or not on the roster.   

My best guess for 2014:

Matt Schaub

Geno Smith

Derek Carr

I think Idzik is going to follow the Seattle model and completely churn this roster over the next couple of years.  I think Geno turns into a Tavaris Jackson type of player and serves as the long-term backup so this year's starting experience is great for him.   That means the future QB is either Simms or not on the roster.   

My best guess for 2014:

Matt Schaub

Geno Smith

Derek Carr

Derek Carr is going top 10, maybe top 5, were not getting him. My bet would be Geno, Simms, and Manziel/Mettenberger/Boyd.

I think Idzik is going to follow the Seattle model and completely churn this roster over the next couple of years. I think Geno turns into a Tavaris Jackson type of player and serves as the long-term backup so this year's starting experience is great for him. That means the future QB is either Simms or not on the roster.

My best guess for 2014:

Matt Schaub

Geno Smith

Derek Carr

Schaub - hell no

Smith - yes, they're not cutting a second round pick

Carr - to high of a pick prob

My best guess

Smith

1 round pick

Vet

My best guess for 2014:

Matt Schaub

Geno Smith

Derek Carr

Jay Cutler, Geno Smith, Matt Simms. Bears have let Cutler swing in the breeze as his contract is up after 2013 and he may want out as McCown is getting some buzz at QB. Jets need to throw the bank at Cutler. He's not the greatest QB in the world and certainly not the best teammate, but neither was Favre. Cutler can get the Jets with this defense to the playoffs and maybe all the way.

Before I answer this, I need to know if RYAN MALLET is going to be a FA? What a pickup he would be, dude has a cannon attached to he right shoulder. If he is , then I like him Smith, and a vet,

If Mallet is unavailable, then SMITH, MANZIEL, SIMMS!

Mallet must suck to sit as long as he has behind Brady and NOT want out of NE. Strong arm is one thing, Geno Smith has a cannon, but it is the head and heart that matter and Smith does not seem to have the head. Stares down recievers all day long.

Derek Carr is going top 10, maybe top 5, were not getting him. My bet would be Geno, Simms, and Manziel/Mettenberger/Boyd.

I'd have to check, but it's still feasible that we end up picking that high - especially if we lose out the way I sort of expect us to.

Jay Cutler, Geno Smith, Matt Simms. Bears have let Cutler swing in the breeze as his contract is up after 2013 and he may want out as McCown is getting some buzz at QB. Jets need to throw the bank at Cutler. He's not the greatest QB in the world and certainly not the best teammate, but neither was Favre. Cutler can get the Jets with this defense to the playoffs and maybe all the way.

Basically everything in this post is wrong.

Mallet must suck to sit as long as he has behind Brady and NOT want out of NE. Strong arm is one thing, Geno Smith has a cannon, but it is the head and heart that matter and Smith does not seem to have the head. Stares down recievers all day long.

In this defense, this can be overcome. It's rare that any rookie QB doesn't stare down receivers. 

I think Geno isn't as bad as he's looked and isn't as good as we need him to be, long term. You have to remember he's a rookie, and he's working with a supporting roster of garbage.

Elite happens when you have playmakers and the QB at the center.

In this defense, this can be overcome. It's rare that any rookie QB doesn't stare down receivers. 

I think Geno isn't as bad as he's looked and isn't as good as we need him to be, long term. You have to remember he's a rookie, and he's working with a supporting roster of garbage.

Elite happens when you have playmakers and the QB at the center.

I think the bold is (unfortunately) pretty much spot on.  Hopefully the Jets have learned that they need a backup plan in place, rather than just crossing their fingers that he eventually proves otherwise.

Mark Brunell, FTMFW?

I saw him on ESPN the other day. He's officially reached the "making humans out of his rabbit characters to pay off his gambling debts" stage of his life.

What? You aren't in favor of throwing the bank at "not the greatest?"  That's the kind of attitude that leaves us mired in mediocrity!

It would be the Tannenbaumiest move ever. Until this year, the Bears had bad receivers and a bad OL and--here's the crazy thing--their offense looked a whole lot like ours does now! Also, the only "buzz" about Josh McCown is coming from Bears fans, who are subhuman. YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE OUT HERE.

Before I answer this, I need to know if RYAN MALLET is going to be a FA? What a pickup he would be, dude has a cannon attached to he right shoulder. If he is , then I like him Smith, and a vet,

If Mallet is unavailable, then SMITH, MANZIEL, SIMMS!

No thanks....Geno has a cannon it means nothing when it is attached to a 10 cent head like Mallet's (and Geno's).

I saw him on ESPN the other day. He's officially reached the "making humans out of his rabbit characters to pay off his gambling debts" stage of his life.

It would be the Tannenbaumiest move ever. Until this year, the Bears had bad receivers and a bad OL and--here's the crazy thing--their offense looked a whole lot like ours does now! Also, the only "buzz" about Josh McCown is coming from Bears fans, who are subhuman. YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE OUT HERE.

I would actually be plenty happy with a Cutler or Rivers, but I'm 100% sure that I don't have the balls or desire to pay either of them what they will get.  

My best guess for 2014:

Matt Schaub

Geno Smith

Derek Carr

Matt Schaub? Matt Schaub? The same Matt Schaub who can't beat out the home town fan favorite Keenum to get his starting job back? If Schaub is our starting QB in 2014 wake me up in August of 2015, thanks.

NO

Matt Schaub? Matt Schaub? The same Matt Schaub who can't beat out the home town fan favorite Keenum to get his starting job back? If Schaub is our starting QB in 2014 wake me up in August of 2015, thanks.

Yes, that Matt Schaub.    

He will most likely be cut this offseason and can probably be had on the cheap and provide legitimate competition for Geno and/or a rookie.    No more handing jobs to QBs they need to earn it.  

If not Schaub, who will be cheap, who do you propose?    Rex Grossman?   Chad Henne?    I'd sign Schaub to a reasonable contract and if he can't win the #2 spot I'd cut him before the season started.    If he can at least earn a backup spot I'd keep him around for a few years as a high paid backup.  

Yes, that Matt Schaub.    

He will most likely be cut this offseason and can probably be had on the cheap and provide legitimate competition for Geno and/or a rookie.    No more handing jobs to QBs they need to earn it.  

If not Schaub, who will be cheap, who do you propose?    Rex Grossman?   Chad Henne?    I'd sign Schaub to a reasonable contract and if he can't win the #2 spot I'd cut him before the season started.    If he can at least earn a backup spot I'd keep him around for a few years as a high paid backup.

Some stupid team will give this dude 8+ million a year, I really, really, really hope it's not the Jets!

Johnny Football. Smith. Simms.

I think Manziel is a bigger possibility than a lot of people think, Woody has a thing for page 6 QB's, and in a football sense he's been compared to Russell Wilson who obviously has a connection with Idzick,.and the Seahawks OC who will prob be our HC

Archived