Look Fellas, It Simply Doesn't Matter.

The Gun Of Bavaria

Don't know, don't care, but I'm 29 and have been going to almost every home game for 20 years (save for college) and I concur that nothing ever changes. 

I'm only a few years younger and have likewise been to every game for 20 years, and I still think you're a bunch of pu$$es if you subscribe to the first post.  To each their own.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm only a few years younger and have likewise been to every game for 20 years, and I still think you're a bunch of pu$$es if you subscribe to the first post.  To each their own.

2dfR0nw.jpg

Multiple identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. 

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/dissociative-identity-disorder-multiple-personality-disorder

Oh yea, I'm starting to feel the same way as Pat here does. Then again, who knows maybe we are the Boston Red Sox, just look at how many generations of Sox fans died without ever getting a chance to see them win a world series. It may take guys like me. Jet Fan13, and Southern Jet to enter the great beyond before they ever do what we got to see them do in January of 1969. 1-3 was actually THERE in the stands at the old Orange Bowl in Miami

Don't give up!

LOL.  Congrats on having 0 sense of humor whatsoever, tool.

2dfR0nw.jpg

Multiple identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. 

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/dissociative-identity-disorder-multiple-personality-disorder

Don't give up!

I think I'm getting more realistic with my expectations. It started last year when I saw them jump to sign a just fired head coach to use as an OC when I knew from being down here exactly what we were getting with a Tony Sparano. It was just like Herm's last season when he told the whole world what the game plans would be for the rest of the season; "get Curtis his thousand" . Why is it that the Jets get such clueless idiots to run the teAM?

It's that time of year again.

The Jets are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and we turn our attention towards the possible replacement of the head coach, the replacement of some or all of the coaching staff, the upcoming draft, next year's position battles, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Let me save you the trouble: None of it matters.

It doesn't matter who the Head Coach is. It doesn't matter who the starting Quarterback is. The owner. The General Manager. The Schedule. None of it matters. None of it matters because this franchise, this entire organization is poison. It is an oozing, puss-filled sore for which there is no cure. You can flush the personnel out of the body and replace it with new blood, but the body itself is still a rotting corpse, devoid of football life.  

This organization will never, ever, amount to anything in our lifetime. They will never reach a Super Bowl, let alone win one. This organization is simply incapable of executing any and all facets of football operations with the remotest amount of competence. We replaced one owner who pretended to care with another one who pretends to care. We're replaced countless General Managers, Head Coaches, and Assistant Coaches, only to discover that the new ones aren't any better. We've drafted and/or signed through free agency the "answer" at QB so many times I simply don't have time to count, only to realize they're just as bad, if not on some occasions, worse. Our draft history reads like a Greek Tragedy, with a history of so many personnel misses that the team name has become synonymous with how not to draft. 

Certain people or in this case, organizations, simply can't do certain things others can. For example, I can try to run a marathon all I want, but I'm simply not built for it.  The Jets can try to be an upper-tier football organization, but like my running talents, they're not built for it. It's just not going to happen. 

Find a Genie in a bottle and use his 3 wishes. Replace the owner. Replace the GM. Replace the Head Coach. Stock the team with the entire 1972 Dolphins roster in their prime. I don't care what wishes you asked for, it wouldn't matter. None of it matters. 

Say what you want, I truly don't care. The fact is that many of you who won't admit it, know I am right. 

This team, this entire organization will continue to amount to nothing for as long as there is professional football. Enjoy the off-season debate and have fun with it, but come next December and January, you'll look back at this thread and realize that as predicted, the cruel and inhuman cycle of Jets Football life will have brought you right back to this very spot. 

my genie wish is for a reincarnated Farrah Fawcett with a 10ft tongue and something like her licking my balls from across room every time I said our safe word.

but cheer up little buttercup one day the Jets will surprise you otherwise all of our lives are meaningless and there is no santa claus.  who wants that world.

my genie wish is for a reincarnated Farrah Fawcett with a 10ft tongue and something like her licking my balls from across room every time I said our safe word.

but cheer up little buttercup one day the Jets will surprise you otherwise all of our lives are meaningless and there is no santa claus.  who wants that world.

There is no Santa Claus- wow you just ruined me.

I think I'm getting more realistic with my expectations. It started last year when I saw them jump to sign a just fired head coach to use as an OC when I knew from being down here exactly what we were getting with a Tony Sparano. It was just like Herm's last season when he told the whole world what the game plans would be for the rest of the season; "get Curtis his thousand" . Why is it that the Jets get such clueless idiots to run the teAM?

Marty M isn't a Sparano.  They have issues, they need a QB.  I am curious if they really think Geno can be it.  I have so many concerns about him.

But don't give up.  :)

It's that time of year again.

The Jets are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and we turn our attention towards the possible replacement of the head coach, the replacement of some or all of the coaching staff, the upcoming draft, next year's position battles, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Let me save you the trouble: None of it matters.

It doesn't matter who the Head Coach is. It doesn't matter who the starting Quarterback is. The owner. The General Manager. The Schedule. None of it matters. None of it matters because this franchise, this entire organization is poison. It is an oozing, puss-filled sore for which there is no cure. You can flush the personnel out of the body and replace it with new blood, but the body itself is still a rotting corpse, devoid of football life.  

This organization will never, ever, amount to anything in our lifetime. They will never reach a Super Bowl, let alone win one. This organization is simply incapable of executing any and all facets of football operations with the remotest amount of competence. We replaced one owner who pretended to care with another one who pretends to care. We're replaced countless General Managers, Head Coaches, and Assistant Coaches, only to discover that the new ones aren't any better. We've drafted and/or signed through free agency the "answer" at QB so many times I simply don't have time to count, only to realize they're just as bad, if not on some occasions, worse. Our draft history reads like a Greek Tragedy, with a history of so many personnel misses that the team name has become synonymous with how not to draft. 

Certain people or in this case, organizations, simply can't do certain things others can. For example, I can try to run a marathon all I want, but I'm simply not built for it.  The Jets can try to be an upper-tier football organization, but like my running talents, they're not built for it. It's just not going to happen. 

Find a Genie in a bottle and use his 3 wishes. Replace the owner. Replace the GM. Replace the Head Coach. Stock the team with the entire 1972 Dolphins roster in their prime. I don't care what wishes you asked for, it wouldn't matter. None of it matters. 

Say what you want, I truly don't care. The fact is that many of you who won't admit it, know I am right. 

This team, this entire organization will continue to amount to nothing for as long as there is professional football. Enjoy the off-season debate and have fun with it, but come next December and January, you'll look back at this thread and realize that as predicted, the cruel and inhuman cycle of Jets Football life will have brought you right back to this very spot. 

How are you the moderator if you're such a negative nancy?

Marty M isn't a Sparano.  They have issues, they need a QB.  I am curious if they really think Geno can be it.  I have so many concerns about him.

But don't give up.   :)

I've reached an age that sports takes a back seat to life in general. I mean the Jets had the ability to ruin my day and a good portion of the next when they lost. I just refuse to let that be the case anymore Phil. I'm running out of God-given Sundays to be wasting them on some stupid sports team. Wait another 10-15 years, you'll see what I mean. hey, I HOPE the Jets will win a Super Bowl again someday and I'll be right here posting with the best (and worst) of them in my enthusiasm. Mostly though I think I hope it happens for you younger Jets fans who never got the chance to LIVE through what it was like in that city after the Jets won the SB, there has been nothing like it-no Yankee, Mets Knicks, Rangers, Islanders or Giants championship teams ever caused the excitement that a Jets championship did. No comparison-none...that city goes crazy over the Jets-I hope to see it once more before i go.

I've reached an age that sports takes a back seat to life in general. I mean the Jets had the ability to ruin my day and a good portion of the next when they lost. I just refuse to let that be the case anymore Phil. I'm running out of God-given Sundays to be wasting them on some stupid sports team. Wait another 10-15 years, you'll see what I mean. hey, I HOPE the Jets will win a Super Bowl again someday and I'll be right here posting with the best (and worst) of them in my enthusiasm. Mostly though I think I hope it happens for you younger Jets fans who never got the chance to LIVE through what it was like in that city after the Jets won the SB, there has been nothing like it-no Yankee, Mets Knicks, Rangers, Islanders or Giants championship teams ever caused the excitement that a Jets championship did. No comparison-none...that city goes crazy over the Jets-I hope to see it once more before i go.

I totally get what you are saying.  For me some things have changed already.  Several years ago, most losses stopped impacting me.  Life is just too short to really stress it.  I always hated being so mad after a loss and seeing players on the field smiling and laughing.

Why should we feel worse than they do?

But now football is about family.  Watching and going to the games with my family.  It gives us memories that will out last the win or the loss from any given Sunday.

I totally get what you are saying.  For me some things have changed already.  Several years ago, most losses stopped impacting me.  Life is just too short to really stress it.  I always hated being so mad after a loss and seeing players on the field smiling and laughing.

But now football is about family.  Watching and going to the games with my family.  It gives us memories that will out last the win or the loss from any given Sunday.

Actually, the past few years have been much less stressful, because I simply told myself, that with this coach and these qb's, we just simply cannot win. Its that simple so I expect that our team will basically lose until we get a Real coach and a real QB.

You see, it's YOU guys who actually 'deserve' to see the Jets WIN a Super Bowl game. All of the money you have spent-all of you guys who go to games in Jersey and then some, no a LOT of youse fly all over the country to watch the Jets. We all caught a glimpse of what it could be like after they beat New England in that Playoff Game and Bart Scott said "Can't wait".. Had they beaten the Steelers and gone to that SB...if only...but Pat is right, the Jets just don't get the breaks, the calls that it takes to win games like that. Right before halftime there was that fumble on a questionable hit from Harrison on Sanchez. Brady would have gotten that call...Peyton would have too   

Is the tongue retractable or more Mr. Fantastic-like where she can just stretch it really long and then it goes back to normal? Because I can totally get on board with the later. Your second wish should be that she never ages...ever. 

Is the tongue retractable or more Mr. Fantastic-like where she can just stretch it really long and then it goes back to normal? Because I can totally get on board with the later. Your second wish should be that she never ages...ever.

Eh..age?.....I dunno I bag her into her 60's rinkle stink and all at least then maybe wish for britney an kick farrah to curb. I do have 3 wishes

After suffering through another disappointing season, I try to console myself by realizing that fully half of the teams in the NFL have fared just as badly as the Jets if not worse. Would you rather be a Bills or Vikings fan? With 4 Superbowl losses?  How about the Lions? 56 years without a championship.  The Browns' last success was with Jim Brown!

Success in the NFL just doesn't come easy. You need a lot of things to fall into place, with luck being a big factor.  The Texans looked promising, and completely disintegrated this year.  The Seahawks were crap for most of their history.  I wish I was 10 years older so at least I could have the memory of seeing this team win it all...  Yet I am still gonna be optimistic about next year, and year after that.  End rant.

• 10 months later...

Ill take it even a step further than GOB. He's saying it doesn't matter what you change, the Jets will always lose. 

I say it doesn't matter if they win or lose. 100 years from now, no one will care either way. 

All that matters is that your time spent on this Earth is done in such a way where you maximized your enjoyment. 

If you can be happy rooting against the team, root against the team.  If you are happy rooting for Rex to get fired, root for him to be fired. 

A couple weeks ago I was happy for Floyd Meriweather, when his 800k bet came through on Geno's pick 6 against the Broncos. 

However you can be happy, get there. 

If you can only be happy with a victorious amazing team, that will never happen all of the time. Forget about the idea that one winning season makes it all better.

Ask a Giants fan if the 2 Super Bowls Eli won  makes it easier to watch him throw a pick. 

Archived