Rapaport: It's either Mark Sanchez or Vick... Who would you rather?

BroadwayJets

It has a nice ring when they announce it at Met life.

And playing QB for the NY JETS, NUMBER 7 (Yes, Geno had to give up his number, as he inherits #6, LMAO)MICHEAL VICK.

My 50-1 bet is looking sweet right now.

If you want in on my bet, I will offer you a dollar of the fifty for $10 dollar, so if you want $10 worth of action, it will cost you 100 bucks? Cha-ching

And playing QB for the NY JETS, NUMBER 7 (Yes, Geno had to give up his number, as he inherits #6, LMAO)MICHEAL VICK.

If you want in on my bet, I will offer you a dollar of the fifty for $10 dollar, so if you want $10 worth of action, it will cost you 100 bucks? Cha-ching

What does $23 dollars get me if we win?

I haven't seen a poster consistently fail this often at trying to be funny since myself.

sanchez would be advantageous because he will be better for the cap. it's cheaper to have Sanchez restructure than cut Sanchez eat the dead space and Sign Vick.

OK, so instead of trying to upgrade our team, we will simply find the cheap alternative, who happens to be one of the all-time worst starting Qbs in the NFL.

Forget improving the team, just worry about the cap.

Raise your hand if your up for another 4 years of Beretbuttfumble.

What type of mentoring can Sanchez offer Geno Smith?  History here is the Mark Brunells and David Garrards are always the answer. The starting QB fails and needs to come out of a game or sit a week or two and the Jets plan B isn't NFL worthy.

I don't think Idzik will allow the circus atmosphere here to continue. Im sure Rex Ryan is lobbying hard for Mark Sanchez and that scares me.

In the end Mark Sanchez could be the starting QB in 2014.

sanchez would be advantageous because he will be better for the cap. it's cheaper to have Sanchez restructure than cut Sanchez eat the dead space and Sign Vick.

The Jets are flush with cash, the cap will not be part of the decision whether or not to have Sanchez on the roster this season. If he is, I suspect it will be after they cut and resign him, anyway.

Given the choice between this:

1. Vick

2. Geno

3. Simms

-or-

1. Geno

2. Simms

3. Mettenberger/Garopollo/Carr

...you're infinitely better off long-term with the second option. Don't go chasing waterfalls, people.

Simms?

Simms!?

1. Vick

2. Geno

3. Simms

-or-

1. Geno

2. Simms

...you're infinitely better off long-term with the second option. Don't go chasing waterfalls, people.

I don't think that's the choice. I don't think signing any veteran stops them from drafting a QB from the third round on. If they do it right, Simms will be in a death match for his job, too.

1. Vick

2. Geno

3. Simms

-or-

1. Geno

2. Simms

The thread is about Vick vs. Sanchez.  Not Vick vs. Sanchez vs. Draft pick.

Dumbass

I don't think that's the choice. I don't think signing any veteran stops them from drafting a QB from the third round on. If they do it right, Simms will be in a death match for his job, too.

As soon as the best player on the board is a QB, I want them taking a QB.  Geno's footwork is a mess, though he has promise if it can be cleaned up.  I am not willing to count on that.  

Personally, I would not sign any veterans.  I want a depth chart full of young talent--all with a chance to be the solution.

Solve the QB problem.  Use overwhelming force and make sure you get it done.

Sanchez. 

If Sanchez is on the team this year he will beat out Geno for the starting QB in 2014.  That descision will either cost Rex his job (WIN) or send a wakeup call to the Jets that Geno does actually suck and they need to draft a real QB next year (WIN) maybe both will happen and its a WIN-WIN.

Archived