Austin Howard.

BurnleyJet

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a more than generous deal for him and would put him in the top 5 category for RTs. If Howard is holding out for $7+, he can get to walkin. You don't pay that type of money for a RT unless you're signing someone like Phil Loadholt or Anthony Davis. They'll find someone to take that deal and we won't miss a bit.

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 2h

Terms heard #Jets Austin Howard 5 Yrs 27.5M & 12M Guaranteed. Testing market. Deep RT group. Giacomini, Strief, Oher, Newhouse, Webb & Fox

Hmmmm. It'd be disappointing to see Howard go, but I agree... That deal is more than fair, and maybe even a little generous.

That's a more than generous deal for him and would put him in the top 5 category for RTs. If Howard is holding out for $7+, he can get to walkin. You don't pay that type of money for a RT unless you're signing someone like Phil Loadholt or Anthony Davis. They'll find someone to take that deal and we won't miss a bit.

+1

I've heard the Jets offered 27.mill with 12mill in guarenteed money for 5 years.

Word is the Fins are making a run and no word yet is bad news. Think we may need a new Right Tackle?

Wow. he denied a team that molded and started his career after offering 5 and a half million a year with 12 million in guarantees. Crazy 

This all the way. The Jets' offer is a good deal for both sides, someone else can have him if they want to pay more.

Rodger Saffold is good.

I have to apologize.   I didn't realize it was THIS Aiden Mackies.

http://bleacherreport.com/users/517803-aidan-mackie

No offense to you DMC, or the OP.  It's just funny that a 14 YO can be taken with credibility, and considered an insider on the internet 

I don't pay any mind to BR ever, but I'm actually impressed that a 14 year old is putting in that type of work and at a somewhat decent caliber. Good for him.

I don't pay any mind to BR ever, but I'm actually impressed that a 14 year old is putting in that type of work and at a somewhat decent caliber. Good for him.

Hey it's great the kids having fun with this.  I'm just laughing at the internet in general.  I'm just as guilty.  Here we are involved in a debate as to whether Howard is greedy based on an inside scoop of a 14 YO.

Unless he calls Idzik Uncle John, this report is bogus  

No offense to you DMC, or the OP.  It's just funny that a 14 YO can be taken with credibility, and considered an insider on the internet 

He's my main source for insider Jet news. Little kid puts in better work than Metha!

Hey it's great the kids having fun with this.  I'm just laughing at the internet in general.  I'm just as guilty.  Here we are involved in a debate as to whether Howard is greedy based on an inside scoop of a 14 YO.

Unless he calls Idzik Uncle John, this report is bogus  

Agreed, gotta love teh internet.  Regardless of the kid's prediction, considering that negotiations are coming down to the 11th hour with Howard, I would imagine that he's asking for more than he's worth, or at least we think he's worth.  There's a lot of RTs on the market and a lot of teams flush with cap, I have a feeling we'll land someone capable of manning it. 

I've heard the Jets offered 27.mill with 12mill in guarenteed money for 5 years.

Word is the Fins are making a run and no word yet is bad news. Think we may need a new Right Tackle?

if idziks plan was to resign howard, why didn't he approach howard towards the end of last year? why waite 2 weeks before free agency? if what we heard is true, it screams of idziks inexperience. I hope this does not turn out bad

Aiden Mackies Twitter account, he's a Jets insider for Bleacher Report

C'mon.  There is a difference between "an insider" and a "Jets Insider".

I thought Brandon Albert was all but a lock for the Fins at around $10M per.  Now they are going to sign Howard?  Albert doesn't suck but has always been questionable as a top tier LT.  Howard is OK -- nothing more.  So they are going to dump all this money into the tackle position?  Methinks not.  Methinks this is horse$hit. 

Archived