DR Cromartie to Visit Jets tonight

Steveg

I don't understand what Idzik is expecting to do here. "Hey, look what Rex did for Darrelle" - is that the angle? The kid just turned down $54mm from a Superbowl contender. So yeah he's clearly a Revis clone and what's our play here?

Hope he gets in a room with Rex and decides that a two year, $16 mil deal is worth it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds on par for Idzik. I am just hoping the JETS are not in a panic mode and end up overpaying.

This is my fear, too, but I don't think Idzik will give an extra dime to DRC. He probably gave Decker an extra mil per, but at least Decker will show up every week.

This is my fear, too, but I don't think Idzik will give an extra dime to DRC. He probably gave Decker an extra mil per, but at least Decker will show up every week.

1 mill is a bonus if his wife dresses at least 7 home games at part of flight crew

I doubt Idzik would do that. His entire mantra has been to avoid overpaying. If he does do give DRC $10, then he kinda looks like an idiot when he theoretically could have had Revis for $13.

Ten does seem high but revis was not an option man writing the checks blackballed him

I doubt Idzik would do that. His entire mantra has been to avoid overpaying. If he does give DRC $10, then he kinda looks like an idiot when he theoretically could have had Revis for $13.

I wouldn't be surprised, you shouldn't be either.

Wow, I thought DRC was $5 per good not double that good. I had no idea he ranked as the 5th best CB last year. Is he really that good a shut down guy? I want so badly for us to get a talented CB and for Miliner to step it up so we can forget about you know who.

drc's play over the years has been very inconsistent, to say the least.

DRC is a stud. 44% completion percentage on him last year was 2nd best in the league. As long as he's motivated this is a home run signing. The retirement comments were over blown anyway if you actually look at them

I think DRC could fit in scheme wise. Today's a nice day to bring him in after the corner market has dried up a bit and teams have spent their money - hopefully they can get something reasonable with him. Somewhere in between what Verner and Davis/Talib/Shields got would be pretty solid.

Obviously there are concerns about his dedication to the sport so contract structure is key but obviously Idzik knows that he'd need to cover his ass on this one.

DRC is a stud. 44% completion percentage on him last year was 2nd best in the league. As long as he's motivated this is a home run signing. The retirement comments were over blown anyway if you actually look at them

Considering teams playing Denver had to throw the ball a ton, just to keep up with the Peyton Manning Air Assault, a 44% completion against rating is very good.

But, let's go ahead and offer him $5 million, let him go home and then sign with Baltimore for $6 mil. because we set a price and won't move off it. We'll show those other teams how smart we are by not signing any players for anything we think is overpaying.

last of the mohicans

cant waite to hear the spin on this one

1. "paid a little more than he is worth, but he is a great, consistant cover corner. great job idzik"

2." idziks da man. told that dude he is only paying so much. way too much for an inconsistent cover corner that had one good year. glad he didn't sign. idziks got a plan and is sticking to it"

3. " we still have the mini draft. cuts and such"

4. " the draft is loaded with coners. go get em idzik"

last of the mohicans

cant waite to hear the spin on this one

1. "paid a little more than he is worth, but he is a great, consistant cover corner. great job idzik"

2." idziks da man. told that dude he is only paying so much. way too much for an inconsistent cover corner that had one good year. glad he didn't sign. idziks got a plan and is sticking to it"

3.  Incessantly whine like a little bitch no matter what happens.

Archived