DR Cromartie to Visit Jets tonight

Steveg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, I guess I had you all wrong. Clearly you're not a temperamental nutjob throwing toddler-like hissy fits about absolutely everything. If only I had previously known you were capable of such vast intellectual insight. My mistake.

We're just a couple of trolls, you and me

BTW how is it the Giants are still in the market for a guy like DRC? We had at least twice as much cap space as them, and they have spent probably twice as much as us already. What gives?

Yeah, that certainly is interesting, although contract structure obviously plays a big part in it all.  No clue how the Giants setup the contracts they've signed and, while it probably seems like a pretty bad idea for a guy like DRC, they could be thinking about putting a lot of his first year money into a signing bonus to help spread out the cost.  Who knows.

It could also be something as simple as "screw it, he's in town, might as well meet with the guy".

BTW how is it the Giants are still in the market for a guy like DRC? We had at least twice as much cap space as them, and they have spent probably twice as much as us already. What gives?

For the most part they havent broken the bank with any huge signing

I believe geoff schwartz was 4 years 16 mil

Rashad jennings 4-14

Beason 4-20 mil

Jd walton 2 years 5 mil

Jameel mcclain 2 years 4 mil

They had about 26 mil in cap space going into free agency

According to Pro Football Talk, the Broncos offered Rodgers-Cromartie a six-year, $54 million dollar contract – a deal which he turned down.

So what's his price tag going to be?

how much guaranteed?  that is all that matters.  Plus, how old is he and how soon could we cut him?  3 Years? 4Years?  Contract totals can be bogus.

I don't understand what Idzik is expecting to do here. "Hey, look what Rex did for Darrelle" - is that the angle? The kid just turned down $54mm from a Superbowl contender. So yeah he's clearly a Revis clone and what's our play here?

People are reading the reports wrong, he never turned down that offer. They took it away when the got Talib before he could answer.

For a guy in his position to turn down 9 mil a year means

he had a great season after a few bad seasons, Denver obviously

liked him a lot, so now it all depends on the market and if anyone

else wants to talk to him, if he's hot the Jets will give him the same

contract, if not they may wait him out and get him for less, I wouldn't

be surprised if Rex writes him a check out of his personal account and

then sends Woody the bill mid season, all things considered he would give

the Jets a lot more flex in the draft and we get a tight end S and WR along

with depth, maybe Colon comes back for the min. Not bad.

Archived