This board

Jetfanincanada

It's amazing how there are about 10 or so people on this board who are convinced that they are God's gift to knowing football. They spew their opinions as undeniable facts and bash, ignore and brag, mock, everyone who does not agree with them. When proven wrong, or questioned they turn hostile, or go on the attack. Are all Jets boards like this?  

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame JoeWillie78. Not specifically, but there are certain posters that have let a tone be set by being so one-note and obnoxious that they engender this type of response and it's started to creep into all interactions on the board.

There is also a lot of good natured ball breaking that happens between familiar posters that can be misinterpreted if you are not sure whether you are "in" or not.

And then there are the wiseasses. There's some of that too. So overall, you get what we have here now.

I blame JoeWillie78. Not specifically, but there are certain posters that have let a tone be set by being so one-note and obnoxious that they engender this type of response and it's started to creep into all interactions on the board.

There is also a lot of good natured ball breaking that happens between familiar posters that can be misinterpreted if you are not sure whether you are "in" or not.

And then there are the wiseasses. There's some of that too. So overall, you get what we have here now.

I get that I am new here and don't know all the personalities, but there are many posters who are just flat out d!@ks, and that is unmistakeable. Im sure that will be the case anywhere, but there seem to be more of a percentage like that here. What is comical is how sure of themselves they are, and how right they all are and how they pat each other on the back for their intelligence and their Jet knowledge.

I get that I am new here and don't know all the personalities, but there are many posters who are just flat out d!@ks, and that is unmistakeable. Im sure that will be the case anywhere, but there seem to be more of a percentage like that here. What is comical is how sure of themselves they are, and how right they all are and how they pat each other on the back for their intelligence and their Jet knowledge.

pure fact filled posters. nothing like it in the world

It's amazing how there are about 10 or so people on this board who are convinced that they are God's gift to knowing football. They spew their opinions as undeniable facts and bash, ignore and brag, mock, everyone who does not agree with them. When proven wrong, or questioned they turn hostile, or go on the attack. Are all Jets boards like this?  

its contagious, too. there are 10 or so more posters playing the catch up game. pathetic & sad really

don't worry, you will get sick of it and leave. I have seen plenty of good posters get chased out of here by the brigade over the years to some, its just not worth dealing with the comical nonsense

don't worry, you will get sick of it and leave. I have seen plenty of good posters get chased out of here by the brigade over the years to some, its just not worth dealing with the comical nonsense

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you or did you not bring the words "super twat" to the board?

You're the last person that should be taking any kind of moral authority... You're as big a dick as anyone else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you or did you not bring the words "super twat" to the board?

You're the last person that should be taking any kind of moral authority... You're as big a dick as anyone else.

ahhh. ey. how nice it is to hear from you. been a long time. do you want to recap? I have insulted 1 person on this board to date, that didn't insult me first.(avm was the guy, I was completely out of line, the board flow was getting to me, I have meaning to pm you with an apology, accept the apology or tell me to screw off, I guess I got it coming) other than that, I treat posters with respect unless I am attacked first. you want to call me a dick because I get sick of the b.s. handed to me on this board? gtfo

Only when you bring up Molson as a prize for those you do seem to be ok with.

Out of curiosity, as a new poster, who's gotten to you more: the ones who seem convinced the sky is falling or those who seem convinced it is not?

ahhh. ey. how nice it is to hear from you. been a long time. do you want to recap? I have insulted 1 person on this board to date, that didn't insult me first.(avn was the guy, I was completely out of line, the board flow was getting to me, I have meaning to pm you with an apology, accept the apology or tell me to screw off, I guess I got it coming) other than that, I treat posters with respect unless I am attacked first. you want to call me a dick because I get sick of the b.s. handed to me on this board? gtfo

So you're saying that even though you get in fights and insult people all the time that it's someone else's fault. Even when it isn't someone else's fault it's the fault of the forum itself. Gotcha ;)

ahhh. ey. how nice it is to hear from you. been a long time. do you want to recap? I have insulted 1 person on this board to date, that didn't insult me first.(avn was the guy, I was completely out of line, the board flow was getting to me, I have meaning to pm you with an apology, accept the apology or tell me to screw off, I guess I got it coming) other than that, I treat posters with respect unless I am attacked first. you want to call me a dick because I get sick of the b.s. handed to me on this board? gtfo

Don't need a recap.  As I said, "as big a dick as anyone else,"  and, there are a lot of dicks here, myself included.  I actually know BG, and he's definitely a "super twat."  I'm just saying lets all just call a spade a spade, laugh about it, and not take any of it too seriously.

No need to PM me with an apology for old business, I appreciate even the mention of it.  It's JetNation... It's all nonsense.  Hope all is well with you.

So you're saying that even though you get in fights and insult people all the time that it's someone else's fault. Even when it isn't someone else's fault it's the fault of the forum itself. Gotcha ;)

such a fine twist. I took responsibility for my actions, I didnt blame the board. I blamed myself. it is someone elses fault if they are the first to insult

Archived