Last I checked, WR was our biggest need, and we got the # 1 WR on the market.

Jetsfan80

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh. dollars to donuts, if idzik and the jets weren't in new York, I wouldn't be reading this thread. I find it hard to believe that any sales pitch involving geno, made up deckers mind. I find it even harder to believe that deckers ego is so big, that he wanted to play with the worst starting qb in the league to prove everyone wrong that manning made him. decker pulled a Thomas jones. "no offer from Denver, ok, just get me to new York and get me in the ballpark $$ wise". idzik didn't close this signing,new York city did. all idzik did was pick up the phone and get decker in the ball park. the rest was already decided. for the record, I do really like the signing,tho

Last time I checked, dang...

You know I've figured out what you're doing.  Setting expectations low so when we run off these 3 straight Super Bowls you're so surprised you're even happier than the rest of us.

Smart....and I respect it.

You know I've figured out what you're doing.  Setting expectations low so when we run off these 3 straight Super Bowls you're so surprised you're even happier than the rest of us.

Smart....and I respect it.

It's about time I started having lower expectations about the Jets. I'm usually too much of a believer, last time I checked at least.

Not 12.  And not all of them have a GM/scouting combo that can be trusted to make quality picks.

trust is a strong word. I like last years draft. I really do. but lets be real here. you got 1 a+ pick last year and 6 incompletes. last years picks were made from different scouting personel all together. I wouldnt have chosen the word "trusted" here

meh. dollars to donuts, if idzik and the jets weren't in new York, I wouldn't be reading this thread. I find it hard to believe that any sales pitch involving geno, made up deckers mind. I find it even harder to believe that deckers ego is so big, that he wanted to play with the worst starting qb in the league to prove everyone wrong that manning made him. decker pulled a Thomas jones. "no offer from Denver, ok, just get me to new York and get me in the ballpark $$ wise". idzik didn't close this signing,new York city did. all idzik did was pick up the phone and get decker in the ball park. the rest was already decided. for the record, I do really like the signing,tho

This is my favorite. The old "Idzik can't even be credited for signing the guys he did sign" argument.

We'll probably have one or two more pick ups before the draft and I supposed he plans to make great use of his picks. If he does then we'll all praise him. I'm just as upset as the next guy about drc but oh well, that's that. We have up to 12 picks, that's possibly 12 solid pick ups and solutions to all of our holes. Let it ride, what else could we do? let's go idzik and lets go jets

CB was probably our second biggest need. Losing out on DRC sucks, imo.

4 teams thus far. Hard to think we really missed out.

And just like the Decker concerns, DRC played his one good year against teams that were forced to constantly take chances as the Broncos were constantly scoring... And, in a contract year... I doubt he repeats or even comes close.

I'd say it was a pretty distant 2nd.  Milliner and Wilson are the truth.  Though missing out on Vontae Davis does hurt.  

this blind Idzik love is starting to remind me of the Herm years where every bungle came with a pre-packaged excuse.   

The Jets were definitely interested in DRC, hence the visit and physical.    He signed for $7.5M per year for 2 years.    Could Idzik have been that wrong about the market for top tier CB's?       What did he think it would take to get DRC signed?     

Against a $133M salary cap $7.5M is a steal.    I've been a big Idzik supporter thus far but he definitely sh*t the bed on this one.  

this blind Idzik love is starting to remind me of the Herm years where every bungle came with a pre-packaged excuse.   

The Jets were definitely interested in DRC, hence the visit and physical.    He signed for $7.5M per year for 2 years.    Could Idzik have been that wrong about the market for top tier CB's?       What did he think it would take to get DRC signed?     

Against a $133M salary cap $7.5M is a steal.    I've been a big Idzik supporter thus far but he definitely sh*t the bed on this one.  

IRRATIONAL. CALM DOWN YOU LUNATIC. TRY THINKING BEFORE YOU POST.  Drunken sailor something something.

I'm new here but this love for Idzik and preaching for patience is definitely way over the top.  To miss on the top 9 CB's in this free agency with the need we have there and the cash we have saved for this moment, I find it inexcusable to be taking a hard-line approach towards every top-end FA. 

Prior to inviting DRC and having missed on the top 8 CB's (and the Jets were linked to all 8 in some form), you no longer are in a position of bargaining strength yet he couldn't muster more than 6M for PFF's #3 cover corner performer from last season.  Granted, he's only had one good season but it was the most recent and by far his best due to playing a man-scheme.  

Throw in there his misses on Pettigrew, LaFell (I won't blame him for Howard) and it's a disturbing trend. 

Idzik has strongly chased most of these CB's and it isn't about being patient.  To be patient would mean he didn't show interest in any of them which is false.  So patience is a mythical term here in context. 

The point here is he failed to land any of those he chased.  It's a big red flag.  To simply dismiss what has happened is akin to burying your head in the sand IMO.

You can keep the fake smile on your face only so long.

IRRATIONAL. CALM DOWN YOU LUNATIC. TRY THINKING BEFORE YOU POST.  Drunken sailor something something.

That's a real intelligent post.  What I learn from you is that no one can disagree with your opinions or they'll be ridiculed.  That's pretty sad.

I'm new here but this love for Idzik and preaching for patience is definitely way over the top.  To miss on the top 9 CB's in this free agency with the need we have there and the cash we have saved for this moment, I find it inexcusable to be taking a hard-line approach towards every top-end FA. 

Prior to inviting DRC and having missed on the top 8 CB's (and the Jets were linked to all 8 in some form), you no longer are in a position of bargaining strength yet he couldn't muster more than 6M for PFF's #3 cover corner performer from last season.  Granted, he's only had one good season but it was the most recent and by far his best due to playing a man-scheme.  

Throw in there his misses on Pettigrew, LaFell (I won't blame him for Howard) and it's a disturbing trend. 

Idzik has strongly chased most of these CB's and it isn't about being patient.  The point here is he failed to land any of those he chased.  It's a big red flag.  To simply dismiss what has happened is akin to burying your head in the sand IMO.

You can keep the fake smile on your face only so long.

You might be right.  I think a lot of people are just tired of watching 3 quarters of 3-and-outs, causing our all-star defense to crap the bed in the 4th.     I know I am.

That's a real intelligent post.  What I learn from you is that no one can disagree with your opinions or they'll be ridiculed.  That's pretty sad.

fa·ce·tious   [fuh-see-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngs]  Show IPA
adjective
not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
amusing; humorous.
lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetiousperson.

Number one applies here.

fa·ce·tious   [fuh-see-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngs]  Show IPA
adjective
not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
amusing; humorous.
lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetiousperson.

Number one applies here.

I couldn't tell.  No real clues as to your facetiousness.  Looked like a total attack.  Your humor needs a lot of work IMO.

But good to know you were joking.  Cheers.

I couldn't tell.  No real clues as to your facetiousness.  Looked like a total attack.  Your humor needs a lot of work IMO.

I thought the all caps and the something something would have made it clear. Also, you've been here a short time, so it's hard to figure out someone's leanings. But, if you noticed, the guy I responded to didn't respond to it, you should have waited it out. :)

GRAIN OF SALT. learn to use it. I see your new here. some of these guys will try to eat you alive. Gastineau lives is not one of them. just friendly words of advice

It's only a steal if you think the guy is that good.  He was pretty good last year, but he's had some sh*t years.  I didn't really want to give him a $10M bonus or $15-16M guarantee.  You have to look at the replacement value.  IMO he isn't that much better than what we have, while at G, (like RT, OLB and WR earlier in the period) we NEED a body. 

He didn't, but he ended up with the DROY as part of his 2013 haul, and that was without using his own scouts. And he did so by making a pick most of us (including me) didn't like at the time. He makes the unpopular moves but they're having a tendency to work out so far. I'd say he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I love the double standard- Rex picked Wilson so has to deal with him but idzik gets the credit for Richardson (even though he fired all of the scouts who reported on Richardson.) the idzik homers will always find a way to defend him.

• 2 weeks later...

GRAIN OF SALT. learn to use it. I see your new here. some of these guys will try to eat you alive. Gastineau lives is not one of them. just friendly words of advice

I was simply protecting the previous poster.

And just a little constructive criticism - what clue was there at humor being delivered?  It shouldn't confuse a reader.

Last I checked, we haven't upgraded any position on offense other than WR #1.

Last time I checked we replaced a shot QB with a viable option at QB, an upgrade. The OL seems to be an upgrade and WR has been upgraded. Not particularly worried about Ivory, Powell and and whoever is brought in through the draft. Got to be hard to whine that they haven't done a thing given what was available to them so far.

I love the double standard- Rex picked Wilson so has to deal with him but idzik gets the credit for Richardson (even though he fired all of the scouts who reported on Richardson.) the idzik homers will always find a way to defend him.

Coaches and scouts make recommendations. The GM puts his name on the pick, doesn't go into it blind without any input. It's his call, his pick, good or bad,

Archived