Marqise Lee wants to play for New York Jets

stugotz81

Enough with the friggen draft talk already....with that said.....I'll take this guy with our 2nd pick permitting our 1st pick was a CB.  Hopefully he falls hard to round 2.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/06/2014-nfl-draft-rumors-marqise-lee-wants-play-new-york-jets/#!JI6CD

marqise-lee-nfl-combine1.jpg

Marqise Lee was believed to be one of the top two wide receivers in the 2014 NFL draft during the college football season after a sensational 2012 season resulted in him winning the Biletnkoff Award as the nation’s top receiver, but after a disappointing junior season that could have been as a result of injury, Lee has seen his draft stock plummet.

The former USC star could fall all the way out of the first round, but he’s hoping to land with the New York Jets take him with the No. 18 pick.

“They’re a great organization,” Lee told Brian Costello of the 
New York Post
.  “They made me feel at home and made it feel like a place you want to play.”

Red Ryan may favor a defensive player like Anthony Barr if the UCLA outside linebacker is available, but if Geno Smith is to realize his potential at quarterback, having a weapon like Lee would go a long way in helping him achieve that.

When healthy, Lee has the talent to rival Sammy Watkins as the top receiver in the draft class, but will the Jets view the reward outweighs the risk?

We’ll find out Thursday night during the first round of the NFL draft.

No way he falls to 2nd.

I think he'll be best WR in this class

I actually see him going late first round......that or he will be the next WR to go after Beckham and Cooks....so not sure where that exactly puts him...somewhere between 15th pick- and the end of round one lol.........And if the Jets grabbed a CB at 18, I cant say I would be mad if they traded up a little to grab Lee late round 1

If we ended day 1 with Dennard/Gilbert/Fuller and Marquise Lee, I would be a very happy man.....assuming we didnt have to give an arm n leg to move up for Lee.

Ya know, before OBJ and Cooks, it was Lee going to the Jets in every single draft you could find, minus the few that had us taking Ebron. Maybe Idzik and co. made their minds up a long time ago and are going with Lee still. His up side is better than OBJs. Just a thought...

Wouldnt mind Lee if they can confirm that his injury is a non-issue. If so then I say pull the trigger at 18. He'll be worth the pick. I rather take Lee at 18 with him having a legit reason for the decline in stats than a Jadaveon Clowney at #1 who basically shut his game down after his Michigan hit at the Outback Bowl. 

Trade back with Cleveland, take their #26 overall and #71 (3rd) and they come up in front of Arizona to get Carr or Bortles... and we get Latimer or Lee, or Verrett late in R1.

Then we take Sef-Jenks in R2, and a safety and corner in round 3.

Maybe?

Trade back with Cleveland, take their #26 overall and #71 (3rd) and they come up in front of Arizona to get Carr or Bortles... and we get Latimer or Lee, or Verrett late in R1.

Then we take Sef-Jenks in R2, and a safety and corner in round 3.

Maybe?

That would be a great scenario. Pick up a late #1 but get an extra 3rd rounder. That would also keep us in front of the 49ers who could possibly go WR as well. 

That would be a great scenario. Pick up a late #1 but get an extra 3rd rounder. That would also keep us in front of the 49ers who could possibly go WR as well. 

Agree.  Trading back and getting extra picks on top of what we already have is a very good option.  Plenty of very good players in this draft.

Agree.  Trading back and getting extra picks on top of what we already have is a very good option.  Plenty of very good players in this draft.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets are looking to trade into the top 10, and are "very hot on" LSU WR Odell Beckham.

Beckham's media-perceived stock has been soaring in recent days, while he's now been linked to both the Jets and Eagles in potential trade ups. The Jets pick at No. 18, Philly at No. 22. The 49ers are also reportedly "very interested" in the 5-foot-11, 198-pound speedster. According to SI's Peter King, the Bills "love" him.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets are looking to trade into the top 10, and are "very hot on" LSU WR Odell Beckham.

Beckham's media-perceived stock has been soaring in recent days, while he's now been linked to both the Jets and Eagles in potential trade ups. The Jets pick at No. 18, Philly at No. 22. The 49ers are also reportedly "very interested" in the 5-foot-11, 198-pound speedster. According to SI's Peter King, the Bills "love" him.

Every year, there are rumors of every team wanting to trade up... almost always it turns out to be nothing but teams hoping to drive the market up on players they don't want, in an effort to push the ones' they do want back to them in their original draft spot.

Listen, this kid was beyond beastly 2011 & 2012.

I had a hard on watching him.

That was no smoke and mirrors.

The only thing i can see hampering that elite play is injury.

He is KAAAABOOM or BUST imo.

i cant believe people want us to pick another ******* cornerback in the first round. how many mother ******* cb's does a team need to pick in round 1 to have some good ******* cornerbacks? if we pick another god damned mother ******* sh*t sucking cum guzzling cornerback in the first round i am driving up to east rutherford and taking a ******* dirty loose sh*t in the parking lot and i'm not even gonna wipe

i cant believe people want us to pick another ******* cornerback in the first round. how many mother ******* cb's does a team need to pick in round 1 to have some good ******* cornerbacks? if we pick another god damned mother ******* sh*t sucking cum guzzling cornerback in the first round i am driving up to east rutherford and taking a ******* dirty loose sh*t in the parking lot and i'm not even gonna wipe

VnuRcaK.jpg

I don't want the Jets to trade up, especially for ODB. This draft is too rich in talent to trade up, especially at WR. I think Shazier is being overlooked and would be a game changer at 18. I know he's defense. I don't care. Everyone (including me) was up in arms when we went Defense for a 2nd time and got Sheldon Richardson....looking back today not a Jet fan has a problem with the decision. When I imagine Shazier behind Wilk, Richardson & Snacks, I feel that his intensity speed hitting style and ability to blitz will be exactly what this team needs in the pass rushing department. Besides, I feel like we've upgraded already at WR with Decker, so we don't necessarily need to go rd 1. At 18 I prefer Shazier over other guys especially still having the the availability of WR's like Latimer, Richardson, Matthews, Lee, Adams, Bryant, Robinson, Moncrief etc. Trading up would destroy that by investing too much into one guy that you now NEED to not only hit but hit big. 

Yea, cause Matt Kalil and Troy Smith really suck huh. Along with Matthews and Cushings as they're soon to be bust.

Should've said WR, fools gold. Plus this guy is 6 foot, pass. 

I actually got the Jets going Ryan Shazier @ 18 in my mock. I don't want a CB in the 1st either. I want Phillip Gaines in the 3rd round. There's a lot of talent at that position as well. 

Guys you could possibly get in the third round: Phillip Gaines, Stanley Jean-Baptist, Lamarcus Joyner, Pierre Desir, EJ Gaines, Walt Aikens. We don't need two number 1 corners. Its cool to have a #1 corner and a #2 corner. We need a pass rusher and I feel that Shazier is a safer pick at OLB than Cooks or ODB is at WR when using that 18th pick. Besides, Shazier could also kill two birds with one stone. He'll be on the weak side. Next year Calvin Pace will most likely be gone as well as Antwan barnes. Move Coples to the the Sam LB position and keep Shazier as the Will LB. Now we don't have to worry about starting LB's next year unless Coples simply doesnt pan out which we can simply put him back at his natural position and deepen our Dline even more. Shazier makes more sense to me in the 1st round.

Very we'll said, agree

VnuRcaK.jpg

the only thing that would stop me is that I probably couldn't make the 45 minute drive with an explosive diarrhea brewing without sh*tting my pants.

I wouldn't be making much of a point by sh*tting my pants in my car, lol

the only thing that would stop me is that I probably couldn't make the 45 minute drive with an explosive diarrhea brewing without sh*tting my pants.

I wouldn't be making much of a point by sh*tting my pants in my car, lol

Lmfao

Exactly my point!

Can't wait till we take a corner...

Need to use one of our 4ths to get him..

No, we don't. The difference between him and the other WRs available is not that much. I actually like him the least of the top WRs left. The Jets still have decent holes in significant positions. They need to keep their picks and make them count.

Archived