Dimitri Patterson went AWOL.

T0mShane

BREAKING: Following a 48 hour-long "AWOL" period, CB Dimitri Patterson has been disciplined by the Jets' brass.

The veteran returned to Florham Park last night for a chat with GM John Idzik, who had this to say:

"[Patterson] will be suspended indefinitely, and that will allow us to gather more information to what led to his behavior."

EVERYBODY HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dimitri Patterson suspended indefinitely by Jets
  • 0ap1000000222748.jpg
  •  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png

• By Chris Wesseling
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Aug. 25, 2014 at 01:10 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 25, 2014 at 01:38 p.m.

Cornerback Dimitri Patterson's mysterious absence from New York Jets over the weekend has resulted in an indefinite suspension.

0ap2000000374401.jpg

The Jets official Twitter feed announced Monday that Patterson will be banned indefinitely, "and that will allow us to gather more information to what led to his behavior."

Asked if he is convinced Patterson is committed to the Jets, general manager John Idzik said, via Newsday's Kimberly Martin, "That's what we're trying to decipher."

Idzik noted that the suspension will likely be brief, but the organization plans to investigate the situation further, which could lead to another round of discipline.

Coach Rex Ryan told reporters that Patterson was frustrated with calf and leg injuries. Idzik labeled the unexcused absence "very unusual" and "baffling."

There's an obvious disconnect here, as the cornerback told ESPN's Josina Anderson just prior to the suspension announcement that the scenario is "comical."

Can Jets teammates and coaches trust Patterson not to go on another walkabout during the season?"

"Trust is earned over time," Idzik said, via NFL Media's Kimberly Jones.

The "Around the League PodcastFantasy Football Extravaganza has landed. Tell your friends and lovers.

There's an obvious disconnect here, as the cornerback told ESPN's Josina Anderson just prior to the suspension announcement that the scenario is "comical."

I don't understand how this guy's comeback to all of this is that it's comical. This gets weirder by the minute.  And that comment bothers me almost as much as the incident itself. 

Anyone who thinks that this is all on the GM forgets that the same stuff was done at WR with Tannenbaum and a whole bunch of cap $$. Woody Johnson is pinching pennies and doesn't want to spend the money needed to field a contender when he knows he doesn't have the horses TO contend. It's just throwing MILLIONS away and for what? a 6 win team? Why not save that money for when the Jets ARE a contender? This is what it seems like the Johnson family is thinking. I don't think they believe in this team right now, for whatever reason and just like it happened a few years ago down here in Miami when their owner chose not to spend on the team when it really sucked. We're talking REAL MONEY now boys, when you are talking about ten, twenty million dollars, do you want to give it away to some characters such as Patterson, or Santonio, or Braylon Edwards? 

Anyone who thinks that this is all on the GM forgets that the same stuff was done at WR with Tannenbaum and a whole bunch of cap $$. Woody Johnson is pinching pennies and doesn't want to spend the money needed to field a contender when he knows he doesn't have the horses TO contend. It's just throwing MILLIONS away and for what? a 6 win team? Why not save that money for when the Jets ARE a contender? This is what it seems like the Johnson family is thinking. I don't think they believe in this team right now, for whatever reason and just like it happened a few years ago down here in Miami when their owner chose not to spend on the team when it really sucked. We're talking REAL MONEY now boys, when you are talking about ten, twenty million dollars, do you want to give it away to some characters such as Patterson, or Santonio, or Braylon Edwards? 

Wasn't the team butting up against the cap every single year Tannenbaum was GM?

Jet Fans are the absolute worst.

I get why you write this. Unfortunately I can tell you that it isn´t true. Possibly one of the worst in NFL though. I am a lucky guy who get to support two teams in my life. They are both followed by hard core fans and who live and breath the colors. So far so good. In both fan bases you will find these kind of persons who never can let sh*t go, or like who will turn their opinions every week depending of the outcome of the last game. I could also react like that,  although I work on trying to see things in a bigger perspective than just a game, a season.

Might be one of the reasons I am one of those who will stand by Idzik until the day is there when it´s obvious that he isn´t the GM for us.

However as a Jet fan you are blessed with something that you should sherrish. You have no firms. Imagine that a large portion of your fellow supporters were members of a firm or hangarounds to it. Then life would be far less fun and going to the games with your family a no go.

These morons who only sit and whine on the internet might be irritating but nothing else. 

I happen to be a shareholder, VIP-season tickets holder and life long supporter but in the "real fans" i.e. firms world. I am nothing and i can **** off. 

I am truly happy to have my passion for the Jets and the green and white family. While we discuss and are not always on the same page, the focus is to 99% of the time on the game itself. This season might go straight to the sh*tter but unlike the last couple of years I find myself being positive about many things. Let´s support the team and try not to cut the rookies by the ankles after the first sign of rookie mistakes.

Pease excuse my spelling/grammar as usual.

I don't understand how this guy's comeback to all of this is that it's comical. This gets weirder by the minute.  And that comment bothers me almost as much as the incident itself. 

yup.  not taking repsonsibility is not a good sign.  there is no excuse for what he did short of alien abduction

I get why you write this. Unfortunately I can tell you that it isn´t true. Possibly one of the worst in NFL though. I am a lucky guy who get to support two teams in my life. They are both followed by hard core fans and who live and breath the colors. So far so good. In both fan bases you will find these kind of persons who never can let sh*t go, or like who will turn their opinions every week depending of the outcome of the last game. I could also react like that,  although I work on trying to see things in a bigger perspective than just a game, a season.

Might be one of the reasons I am one of those who will stand by Idzik until the day is there when it´s obvious that he isn´t the GM for us.

However as a Jet fan you are blessed with something that you should sherrish. You have no firms. Imagine that a large portion of your fellow supporters were members of a firm or hangarounds to it. Then life would be far less fun and going to the games with your family a no go.

These morons who only sit and whine on the internet might be irritating but nothing else. 

I happen to be a shareholder, VIP-season tickets holder and life long supporter but in the "real fans" i.e. firms world. I am nothing and i can **** off. 

I am truly happy to have my passion for the Jets and the green and white family. While we discuss and are not always on the same page, the focus is to 99% of the time on the game itself. This season might go straight to the sh*tter but unlike the last couple of years I find myself being positive about many things. Let´s support the team and try not to cut the rookies by the ankles after the first sign of rookie mistakes.

Pease excuse my spelling/grammar as usual.

Jet Fans are the absolute worst.

Ok I am seeing unconfirmed reports he did not like his position on the team on depth chart as backup as reason-if true see ya!

meh that wouldn't need more time for idzik to investigate the matter.  that's a 90 second conversation. 

Ugh, dont spend it all!!! 

Decker was fairly priced and we didnt overpay at all. Of course you make yearly moves to get 'there' but you dont spend it all in 1 year...smh

no. just spend a reasonable amount of money on a glaring need that now looks about as bad as it gets. 1 bad descision at the corner position snowballed into a huge cluster ****

So, he was upset at the "pecking order."

Need to cut immediately.

It's going to be hilarious when he does get cut, and then a handful a posters start complaining about how he wasn't cut fast enough. I am particularly looking forward to the 5,000 word responses where Sperm researches how fast people who have caused problems have gotten suspended and then cut over the past 10 years.

It's going to be hilarious when he does get cut, and then a handful a posters start complaining about how he wasn't cut fast enough. I am particularly looking forward to the 5,000 word responses where Sperm researches how fast people who have caused problems have gotten suspended over the past 10 years.

Agenda time coming-It's going to be hilarious when he does get cut, and then a handful a posters start complaining about how he wasn't cut fast enough

Archived