The *****OFFICIAL*****Jets Have Released Thread

SoFlaJets

Makes me think Tanny had it right, use all these garbage picks to move up in the early rounds. Or actually have a competent scouting department.

If you're going to employ that strategy, then you can't afford to miss on those early picks. Tanny struck out on most of them.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, Idzik needs to fix this sh*t with the scouting ASAP. What does teams in is not the loss of players, but not having anyone acquired on the cheap ready to come in and fill the void. On top of needs in several places already, the Jets need to start grooming replacements at OT, C, and ILB. If we have to kill two more drafts using high picks just for replacements, we are in for a good run of seasons around .500.

This team is very likable and will be fun to root for. A lot of young players with upside. We haven't been able to say that in a long time.

agreed.  I am officially a trevor riley fan now, and IK as well.  Hope to see them make the gameday roster

Btw, Idzik needs to fix this sh*t with the scouting ASAP. What does teams in is not the loss of players, but not having anyone acquired on the cheap ready to come in and fill the void. On top of needs in several places already, the Jets need to start grooming replacements at OT, C, and ILB. If we have to kill two more drafts using high picks just for replacements, we are in for a good run of seasons around .500.

Any chance that Bradway is sucking off Woody and has lifetime job security? It's the only guess I have.

I still think it is a better roster overall than last year. Just VERY young. I think this is my favorite roster in a while based on current and future value and respecting the competition mantra.

It's one thing to be young, it's another to be talented.   Maybe the team sees something in some of these guys that we don't see in preseason.   most of the draft picks look like career backups at best.  

But who makes it a sideshow? Has Sam said anything about it since he made his announcement before the draft? The media are the ones that fuel it

The press makes it a sideshow and if not for the hard knocks and Tebow things I might agree with you. If it was the pats camp there wouldn't be a question.

The cutting of Hill is just baffling. The myth he was having a not so good training camp seems to have gained currency in the last week only. But no one can deny Hill had a better camp and pre season showing than the like of Saunders and Enunwa whose ONLY qualification for making this team was they were drafted by the current regime.

Enunwa's could have easily been hidden on the PS and for that matter Saunders too. And i like Enunwas's chances of becoming a good player. But he is not there by any means at present.

What I don't like the move of cutting Hill is because we have a very young guy with unmatched size and speed who was working on a rookie contract who was potentially on the cusp of displaying his abilities going into Season 3. And its not like the JETS are overloaded with super talent at this position. Given the circumstances he deserved a look in for an entire season.

I was also surprised by the cutting of Garrett McIntyre and the keeping of Trevor Reilly.

Both Trevor and Enunwa could have been cut and kept on the PS. But seems Idzik wanted to protect his drafting record. Disappointing that the final 53 was not the best PRESENT bunch.

The cutting of Hill is just baffling. The myth he was having a not so good training camp seems to have gained currency in the last week only. But no one can deny Hill had a better camp and pre season showing than the like of Saunders and Enunwa whose ONLY qualification for making this team was they were drafted by the current regime.

Enunwa's could have easily been hidden on the PS and for that matter Saunders too. And i like Enunwas's chances of becoming a good player. But he is not there by any means at present.

What I don't like the move of cutting Hill is because we have a very young guy with unmatched size and speed who was working on a rookie contract who was potentially on the cusp of displaying his abilities going into Season 3. And its not like the JETS are overloaded with super talent at this position. Given the circumstances he deserved a look in for an entire season.

I was also surprised by the cutting of Garrett McIntyre and the keeping of Trevor Reilly.

Both Trevor and Enunwa could have been cut and kept on the PS. But seems Idzik wanted to protect his drafting record. Disappointing that the final 53 was not the best PRESENT bunch.

Hill will be out of the league.

Asked Champ Bailey's agent Jack Reale if his client wants to continue playing: "Definitely and he is fully healthy now."

Via Rapoport

I seriously hope they bring Champ and another CB in to camp. He would be a good Vet presence in the D backfield and has more left in the tank than everyone not named Milliner in our group ever had in theirs to begin with.

I would like to hear this happe by tomorrow morning.

I seriously hope they bring Champ and another CB in to camp. He would be a good Vet presence in the D backfield and has more left in the tank than everyone not named Milliner in our group ever had in theirs to begin with.

I'm with you, at this point why the hell not?

I'm with you, at this point why the hell not?

That's exactly it. Under other circumstances, I would not necessarily want to bring an old timer like him in, but we're hurting right now. On top of the fact that the lions share of our team is young. Its good to have a few old guys around. It's not like years past when everyone was old. :D

Bailey is done.  

Decent Vet CB

Texans waived CB Brandon Harris.

The 60th overall pick in the 2011 draft, Harris couldn't find a home as a slot corner or outside cover man in three seasons with the Texans. Still only 24 years old, Harris is a good bet to resurface elsewhere in fairly short order.

Yeah, it's not like these guys need more than a few weeks to develop.  Sweet jumpin' Jesus on a mutha effin' pogo stick!

Do we have to say the same thing every year. And refuse to say these guys suck until we hold in to them 2 years to long and then finally cut them.

Hill reached his potential, which after 3 years is below average. The rookies have not reached there's, which we have yet to see what that is. Why do you not get this?

Hill reached his potential, which was below average. The rookies have not reached there's, which we have yet to see what that is. Why do you not get this?

No one knows whether Hill has reached his potential. Infact he is still a very young player. I would have loved to see if he could reach his potential in a Green and White uniform.

The rookies can reach their potential from the PS squad. Like its been done before. As recently by the likes of Antonio Allen who was not on the team his rookie year but on the PS. And really I expect good things out of Enunwa.

No one knows whether Hill has reached his potential. Infact he is still a very young player. I would have loved to see if he could reach his potential in a Green and White uniform.

The rookies can reach their potential from the PS squad. Like its been done before. As recently by the likes of Antonio Allen who was not on the team his rookie year but on the PS. And really I expect good things out of Enunwa.

I see where you're coming from , but honestly have you seen Hill this preseason? He looks god awful, it's hard to defend that. The dude still catches with his body and this is his 3rd offseason with the team.

Hill has terrible hands. That doesn't really get better.

I had high hopes... But it's just not gonna happen.

I see where you're coming from , but honestly have you seen Hill this preseason? He looks god awful, it's hard to defend that. The dude still catches with his body and this is his 3rd offseason with the team.

I didnt say he looked perfect. But that does not mean he was done or not able to contribute on the field.

And no matter how we look at it he was on  the field all through the training camp unlike some WR's who are right now on the team who barely stepped on the training camp field or played a single snap in any of the pre-season camp. And he played with the 1's which apart from 3 other WRs no many other WR's who actually made the team gotta to do.

I didnt say he looked perfect. But that does not mean he was done or not able to contribute on the field.

And no matter how we look at it he was on  the field all through the training camp unlike some WR's who are right now on the team who barely stepped on the training camp field or played a single snap in any of the pre-season camp. And he played with the 1's which apart from 3 other WRs no many other WR's who actually made the team gotta to do.

he played against #2's in philly and looked like crap.  he can't play on special teams.  this was his "prove it" camp and he failed.  I had hopes for him, rationalized it in my head that with a good QB he could blossom and then I saw the stats of how many snaps he gets and how many targets he gets.  it was eye opening

His QB's just don't trust him. 

True. Also, have we ever seen him get any kind of separation from any DB? His fundamentals are crap ,and he won't change. Maybe we should have kept him and also resigned him after this year for 3 more years because he might get it.

Bad hands or terrible hands or whatever the opinion du jour is on his play he was able to contribute on the field against top notch competition from the opposition.  Which is what no one can say about 4 WR's that made this team in the WR quota.

The JETS don't have super talent filled WR roster. No one else has stepped up and played any better. None of the 3 rookies stepped up and they don't deserve a place on the final roster based on their performance alone. Its a good thing on rookie could be IRed because he sure as hell wasn't cutting it in training camp.Enunwa has not even stepped on the field and made a single positive play. He sure might have to be developed but he could have been developed from the PS

To me the current roster has to display the best you have got to offer NOW. That's not the case right now .Plus we lose a contributor and deny ourselves the opportunity to see if came thru or got better right at the cusp of when WR's are supposed to break out. Very disappointing.

That's all i have to say on this. I am out. Have a good night.

For a large man, Hill doesn't have big hands.  9 3/8" is just average.  Of course with these receiver's gloves they have now he still should be able to catch it.

Those gloves are basically protecting their hands from the gobs of glue on them. Amazing how some still can't catch.

he played against #2's in philly and looked like crap.  he can't play on special teams.  this was his "prove it" camp and he failed.  I had hopes for him, rationalized it in my head that with a good QB he could blossom and then I saw the stats of how many snaps he gets and how many targets he gets.  it was eye opening

His QB's just don't trust him. 

Everyone played against the #2's in philly and looked crap. Based on that argument Salas shouldn't have made it. And as far as i can recall that's all he did all preseason. Played against the 2's. Heck Saunders looked crap in garbage time playing against the 3's. Enunwa wasnt even on the field for a single snap.

Based on your arguments that other three should have been shown the door first. But all the other three made the team. Go figure!

Archived