The Official Jets \ Patriots Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the synopsis?  I turned it off

basically rex has not and will not say what everyone can see.  they don't have the players on D specifically DB's. 

now Lucas piling on saying Idzik sh-t the bed.  Rex can't make chicken salad out of....  etc

Amaro

For a change of pace, JetNation decided the best way to recap this game would be to post the reactions of Jets fans on Twitter. These are (some of) the clean tweets.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
NBkB7jZgiPQ

View the full article

basically rex has not and will not say what everyone can see. they don't have the players on D.

now Lucas piling on saying Idzik sh-t the bed. Rex can't make chicken salad out of.... etc

I will guarantee that you have SNY on mute and you're ad-libbing your own commentary.

basically rex has not and will not say what everyone can see.  they don't have the players on D specifically DB's. 

now Lucas piling on saying Idzik sh-t the bed.  Rex can't make chicken salad out of....  etc

Yeah it's kind of true. I would have felt better about firing Rex if the Jets were playing like this with DRC and DJax on the roster.

You do the same thing with the Lord of the Rings movies, and you make Gandalf refer to the Eye of Sauron as "Mount Vagina."

caught me.   I'm Mystery Science Theatering the post game show and providing you guys with faux quotes.

DRC has been bad and is already hurt, and Mornhinweg likely warned the Jets off of DJax.

Yeah well then if they played like that here there would be no question Rex should be gone. These corners and receivers couldn't start for most college teams.

Also MM is a career loser. Idc what his opinion is.

it was NY 12 NE 17 a 2pt conversion makes the score NY 20 NE 17. Should NE add a FG its tie game NY 20 NE 20 which is exactly what happened. Instead it was NY 19 NE 20

So your logic is that the Jets should have gone for a conversion earlier because of something that might happen, instead of waiting until later when they actually knew what happened, because it didn't work later in the game.  It's an argument based on nothing but pure hindsight.

And keep in mind that this isn't a defense of Rex, because screw him, he deserves a lot of sh*t for how that game went, but rather it's a point about rather simple football logic.  Everyone around here would be throwing a sh*t fit if the Jets went for a conversion early, failed, and were then down by 9 instead of 8 late in the game because of it, just as they should.  You can play this game with why the Jets should have gone for it on any random 4th down or countless other "what ifs" based on things that happened later in the game,  it doesn't make any of it right.  The problem wasn't that the Jets weren't in a position to tie (or later win) the game, it's that they were and failed at that opportunity.

Yeah well then if they played like that here there would be no question Rex should be gone. These corners and receivers couldn't start for most college teams.

Also MM is a career loser. Idc what his opinion is.

MM was to the Lions what Joe Walton was to the Jets

I was at my sons high school game. Didn't think at all about this game. Turned it on in the car on the way home and it was 14-9. Told myself the whole time they were going to lose. Still was a heartbreaker.

It's crazy. As much as I have always been able to rely on the Jets to find a way to lose, this season it is at its all time strongest. You knew as soon as they used that second time out that it was going to come back to **** us.

Curious if that was more on the coaches or front office

Either way, it reveals organizational dysfunction. Either the coaching staff can't evaluate the talent on the roster, or the hierarchy is completely out of whack.

I really hope Woody finds a moment of clarity and realizes this is a giant clusterf*ck that needs to be completely rebooted from scratch.

a3fcb53a7fd03739d95228b32e8ca271d6e0ca42

Rex just said in his conference hopefully we start getting some breaks and I agree, we can turn still turn this around..

-97 point differential last year, team finished 8-8. rex used up all his good luck chips last year.

I will guarantee that you have SNY on mute and you're ad-libbing your own commentary.

With the sound on, Rex Ryan, despite a great game plan, doesn't;t even discuss the offense. It's maddening; he doesn;t get no matter how good your defense is it will fail a few times a game. WHich means you have to pass effectively to win.And when it comes to that, even with 218 rushing yards, really, so freaking what. All Rex Ryan does in big games is cover the spread.

With the sound on, Rex Ryan, despite a great game plan, doesn't;t even discuss the offense. It's maddening; he doesn;t get no matter how good your defense is it will fail a few times a game. WHich means you have to pass effectively to win.And when it comes to that, even with 218 rushing yards, really, so freaking what. All Rex Ryan does in big games is cover the spread.

Forever and always a coordinator.

When you really think about it, Gandalf is like totally Obi Wan of that franchise.

Tolkien: "And in swoops GANDALF to save them!"

Tolkien's editor: "That's, like, every time. Don't you want to switch it up?"

Tolkien: "And in swoops GANDALF...on a GIANT EAGLE...to save them!"

Archived