Is this worse then the 1996 Jets?

BurnleyJet

Ok guys I know its been rough game today against the Bills, but how do we feel, is this Season in the1996 league? - I think the O looks lost, and the Defensive secondary is the worst I can remember.

The lack of turnovers is breath-taking, the Q.B's are both turn over machines. We have a good Running Back in Ivory, Decker looks OK and Jace looks like a find. The Coaching is terrible, they look like a Deer in head lights, totally under prepared every game. The Specials look terrible to outside of Folk who's Ok if its under 50 yards. I don't seen any changes, Rex needs to go like tonight, and we need to go another direction at Q.B, even if it's giving Simms a few games in this lost season. 

They won't go 1-15 but they won't get more than 4 wins

It's not that far-fetched. Every single team we have left on the schedule is better than us sans Tennessee. And considering we just got blown out by a injury-hit offense led by Kyle Orton on our own field, that game isn't a guarantee. We legitimately may be the 2nd worst team in the league after Oakland.

It's not that far-fetched. Every single team we have left on the schedule is better than us sans Tennessee. And considering we just got blown out by a injury-hit offense led by Kyle Orton on our own field, that game isn't a guarantee. We legitimately may be the 2nd worst team in the league after Oakland.

Minnesota better than us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you look at these scores, there were a lot of close games and that 96 team could at least score some points when they finally dumped O'Donnell in lieu of Frank Reich. This 2014 Jets crapola squad can't even put numbers up like the 1-15 team could

9/1/96 loss to Denver 31-6

9/8/96 loss to Colts 21-7

9/15/96 loss to Dolphins 36-27

9/22/96 loss to Giants 13-6

9/29/96 loss to Redskins 31-16

10/6/96 loss to Raiders 34-13

10/13 loss to Jaguars 21-17

10/20/96 loss to Bills 25-22

10/27/96 win over Cardinals 31-21

BYE WEEK

11/10/96 loss to Patriots 31-27

11/17/96 loss to Colts 34-29

11/24/96 loss to Bills 35-10

12/1/96 loss to Oilers 35-10

12/8/96 loss to Patriots 34-10

12/15/96 loss to Eagles 21-20

12/22/96 loss to Dolphins 31-28

NOTHING is worse than the Kotite era Jets.

This.

What I'd describe now is, the worst season of Jets Football (2014) since Kotite, and maybe the worst and least enjoyable era (2011-2014) ever.

Kotite wasn't given long enough to have an era.  Ryan has been.

Ok guys I know its been rough game today against the Bills, but how do we feel, is this Season in the1996 league? - I think the O looks lost, and the Defensive secondary is the worst I can remember.

The lack of turnovers is breath-taking, the Q.B's are both turn over machines. We have a good Running Back in Ivory, Decker looks OK and Jace looks like a find. The Coaching is terrible, they look like a Deer in head lights, totally under prepared every game. The Specials look terrible to outside of Folk who's Ok if its under 50 yards. I don't seen any changes, Rex needs to go like tonight, and we need to go another direction at Q.B, even if it's giving Simms a few games in this lost season. 

Yes, because I'm older and the owner now is relatively younger.

Rex has lost the locker room. Our QB, OL in Pass Protect, D Secondary and ST are among the worst in the league. Time to give Rex his walking papers and give Simms the rest of the season. Even Oakland is playing tougher than the Jets. Sad. Just sad.

the locker room wasn't lost a week before tho

I think its worse for me since I expected more. I didn't expect the Jets back end would be abysmal and Geno would suck like this. This team has found every possible way to lose with neither side of the ball supporting each other at critical times of the game.

This worse because Hess at long last recognized he needed to blow it up and bring in a real football guys. Johnson still has Terry Bradway in a corner office for a decade and half. He's not gonna blow it up.

He should  fire everyone 1/1/15 and call up a young guy like Gamble or Ross and let them earn a name for themselves. Idizk is a bean-couting joke.

NOTHING is worse than the Kotite era Jets.

The Kotite era Jets had some talent they had a coach who really seemed to just pack it in after some close losses and terrible calls early that season. The Jets were 2 short seasons away from SB contention and any Jets fans watching that team knew the Talent was there. We added Martin, Cox and Johnson and turned into a winner over night because we hired a competent HC had great Coordinators and coaches

Coach: Bill Parcells (12-4-0)

Offensive Coordinator: Charlie Weis

Defensive Coordinator: Bill Belichick

Other Notable Asst.: Romeo Crennel (Defensive Line), Al Groh (Linebackers), Todd Haley (Offensive Assistant/Quality Control) and Eric Mangini (Defensive Assistant/Quality Control)

The Kotite era Jets had some talent they had a coach who really seemed to just pack it in after some close losses and terrible calls early that season. The Jets were 2 short seasons away from SB contention and any Jets fans watching that team knew the Talent was there. We added Martin, Cox and Johnson and turned into a winner over night because we hired a competent HC had great Coordinators and coaches

Coach: Bill Parcells (12-4-0)

Offensive Coordinator: Charlie Weis

Defensive Coordinator: Bill Belichick

Other Notable Asst.: Romeo Crennel (Defensive Line), Al Groh (Linebackers), Todd Haley (Offensive Assistant/Quality Control) and Eric Mangini (Defensive Assistant/Quality Control)

Wow if you put like that..

This worse because Hess at long last recognized he needed to blow it up and bring in a real football guys. Johnson still has Terry Bradway in a corner office for a decade and half. He's not gonna blow it up.

He should  fire everyone 1/1/15 and call up a young guy like Gamble or Ross and let them earn a name for themselves. Idizk is a bean-couting joke.

This is, unfortunately, how I feel, too. I feel like this team is in for a long couple of years while Idzik is trusted to hire his own coach and continue to bring in "talent" like he has the last two years. Icing on the cake would be if they fire Rex and keep Mornhinweg. 

I find myself hoping for an implosion so complete that they sweep out everyone with a managerial job. It's not gonna happen, though. 

This is, unfortunately, how I feel, too. I feel like this team is in for a long couple of years while Idzik is trusted to hire his own coach and continue to bring in "talent" like he has the last two years. Icing on the cake would be if they fire Rex and keep Mornhinweg. 

I find myself hoping for an implosion so complete that they sweep out everyone with a managerial job. It's not gonna happen, though.

Problem at the core is the owner. The restraints on his last GM search (retaining Ryan and Bradway) precluded good candidates. And based on the past (Parcells, Bellicheat, et al) smart football people do not want to work for Johnson.How do you bring in anayone and say Ryan and Bradway have to stay? Nobody works like that. Parcells might've retained Dick Haley as head scout because he was a smart guy, but Terry Bradway? What has this guy ever done to merit this job security? We might hate Bellicheat, but seems like he recognized very quickly Woody Johnson is a rich dumb a-hole. To trust Idzik off this 2 years is like giving teen boys car keys to a Porsche and cases of whiskey.

Problem at the core is the owner. The restraints on his alst GM search (retaining Ryan) precluded good candidates. And based on the past (Parcells, Bellicheat, et al) smart football people do not want to work for Johnson.How do you bring in anayone and say Ryan and Bradway have to stay? Nobody works like that. Parcells might've retained Dick Halye because he was a smart guy, but Terry bradway? What ahs this guy ever done to merit this job security? We might hate Bellicheat, but seems like he recognized very quickly Woody Johnson is a rich dumb a-hole. To trust Idzik off this 2 years is like giving teen boys car keys to a Porsche and cases of whiskey.

yeah we are screwed. only way is for lightbulb to go off and for woody to give someone full control. i think he likes playing big shot too much hanging with his buddy rex and gossiping with each other on the matching stair climbers at florham park

Archived