Kerley Deal

Obrien2Toon

I could just imagine the comments in here if Tannenbaum had made these moves back to back. We'd all be talking about how Trader Mike paid Kerley to pacify him over the Harvin trade, or some such nonsense. 

Kerley is still at least the third best WR on the team. I'd like to see him move down that list, though. 

I could just imagine the comments in here if Tannenbaum had made these moves back to back. We'd all be talking about how Trader Mike paid Kerley to pacify him over the Harvin trade, or some such nonsense.

Kerley is still at least the third best WR on the team. I'd like to see him move down that list, though.

Tannenbaum would have given him Welker's contract

Looking worse and worse every game. Was no reason to extend him now. There was going to be virtually no market for him anyway. Why not let the season play out with him and Harvin?

Now we see there is no role for him with Harvin around.

Kid has a case of the "can't catch'ies" it seems. 

I always liked and supported Kerley, but his play the past two years has been exceptionally sub-par.

Lets hope it's Geno, not Kerley, and that under new staff and with a new QB he can bounce back.

Wasn't Kerley extended before the Harvin deal? I still like Kerley and with a better QB and coaching staff, I think he will turn it around. decker, harvin, kerley will be solid for next couple years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo.

I actually portrayed the signing as a move to help assuage Harvin-Locking Kerley into a slot position makes Harvin a defacto wide out. Which is what he wants

Maybe they signed Kerley because he's a solid professional who works at his craft and is someone you want to keep around while jettisoning all the swaggerlicious dreck that was brought in besides?

Love to see what Kerley could do in the Pats offense.

Probably put up Welker-Edelman numbers.

I actually portrayed the signing as a move to help assuage Harvin-Locking Kerley into a slot position makes Harvin a defacto wide out. Which is what he wants

Possible

I'm not sure what kind of results your #3 receiver is supposed to put up when your QB play is this bad.

Decker and Harvin had 20 receptions between them, QB play isn't that bad.

He's Stuckey 2.0, these guys are a dime a dozen

Looking worse and worse every game. Was no reason to extend him now. There was going to be virtually no market for him anyway. Why not let the season play out with him and Harvin?

Now we see there is no role for him with Harvin around.

Yeah, it was all Percy and Decker yesterday. 20 receptions between the two. Atleast they are showing their potential.

Maybe they signed Kerley because he's a solid professional who works at his craft and is someone you want to keep around while jettisoning all the swaggerlicious dreck that was brought in besides?

Weren't you another guy that wanted De'Anthony Thomas?  I know I liked him and would have been happy to roll the dice in the 4th.  Beyond belief that the Jets drafted two WR ahead of him in the 4th and one was actually smaller than Thomas.  I don't get it. 

Weren't you another guy that wanted De'Anthony Thomas? I know I liked him and would have been happy to roll the dice in the 4th. Beyond belief that the Jets drafted two WR ahead of him in the 4th and one was actually smaller than Thomas. I don't get it.

I would have taken Thomas in the 2nd. I'm of the belief that Mornhinweg wanted Saunders. There really is no other explanation.

I would have taken Thomas in the 2nd. I'm of the belief that Mornhinweg wanted Saunders. There really is no other explanation.

So this is a thing now?  GMs no longer have any say in the selections?  Blame the coaches?  I think it needs some polish.  Sauders is pretty much straight special teamer.  Why not blame that sh*thead?  He'll probably be gone soon.

Add cooper or white and that's a pretty good group

Nope and I am a HUGE kevin white fan, don't see how the Jets could possibly pass if he 's on the board in the second.

However any drafting of the big three, Cooper, White, or Strong means the Percy experiment is over.

No way we are going to cut Decker or now Kerley with his cap friendly deal.

That only leaves one 10 million a year reciever left, sorry but Percy is most likely done, a failed chance at hyping up the team and getting fans excited.

So this is a thing now? GMs no longer have any say in the selections? Blame the coaches? I think it needs some polish. Sauders is pretty much straight special teamer. Why not blame that sh*thead? He'll probably be gone soon.

It's on Idzik ultimately, but Saunders fits the profile of the receivers they draft in Philly. Just a guess. Fwiw, he's in an organization now that knows receiver talent pretty well.

It's on Idzik ultimately, but Saunders fits the profile of the receivers they draft in Philly. Just a guess. Fwiw, he's in an organization now that knows receiver talent pretty well.

FWIW (not a sarcastic response to yours), he's on the street.  The Cards cut him from the practice squad to pick up a returner from the Bucs. They probably didn't see him as a viable WR either. They replaced him with Solomon Patton, one of JiF's peeps.  Nice to know what my draft profile would have read ("tiny").  

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24767721/cardinals-sign-solomon-patton-to-practice-squad-waive-jalen-sauders

I think Saunders was the plan to avoid paying Kerley. It's worth risking a 4th rounder to avoid paying $4 mill, the problem is with this WR class waiting until then was such a miscalculation, and there was no need to reach on him. He would have been available later.

I think Saunders was the plan to avoid paying Kerley. It's worth risking a 4th rounder to avoid paying $4 mill, the problem is with this WR class waiting until then was such a miscalculation, and there was no need to reach on him. He would have been available later.

If he was meant to be a Kerley replacement, then why not just take Ellington who was available at that spot and would've represented a value pick as opposed to a reach?

This entire draft was just one big clusterf*ck. When random message board posters could do a better job, you know your scouting department needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch.

FWIW (not a sarcastic response to yours), he's on the street. The Cards cut him from the practice squad to pick up a returner from the Bucs. They probably didn't see him as a viable WR either. They replaced him with Solomon Patton, one of JiF's peeps. Nice to know what my draft profile would have read ("tiny").

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24767721/cardinals-sign-solomon-patton-to-practice-squad-waive-jalen-sauders

Well, sh*t.

Just so many perplexing picks in this draft. Whatever happens, I hope the story comes out on how that war room thought it was working.

Just so many perplexing picks in this draft. Whatever happens, I hope the story comes out on how that war room thought it was working.

With every passing week, my mind becomes blown more and more by how bad it went for us.

Need-based picks, not BPA. Forfeiting your mantra after one year is sad. Especially for a guy who was stubborn enough to hold his ground on negotiations to the point where it cost us corners in FA, but he couldn't stand behind his BPA mantra?

Watching 4 rounds of WRs re-define the receiver landscape of the NFL and not having a single one of them on this roster is the worst part. That, and the fact that Carr, Bridgewater and Bortles can play... ugh.

With every passing week, my mind becomes blown more and more by how bad it went for us.

Need-based picks, not BPA. Forfeiting your mantra after one year is sad. Especially for a guy who was stubborn enough to hold his ground on negotiations to the point where it cost us corners in FA, but he couldn't stand behind his BPA mantra?

Watching 4 rounds of WRs re-define the receiver landscape of the NFL and not having a single one of them on this roster is the worst part. That, and the fact that Carr, Bridgewater and Bortles can play... ugh.

so far Bortles is a turnover waiting to happen...everything else is accurate.  

I miss the summer of Idzik love all we heard about was how big john was building the next seattle and I was just a negative Jets fan.  

Archived