If Harvin is out for the year

jetsrule128

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if Harvin is out we have a shot at losing next week!!  yay

We're going to win next week because Tennessee has some of the worst run defense I think I've ever seen... and running seems to be something we can do, occasionally. 

Geno is going to have to throw about 3 picks to seal the loss for us.

We're going to win next week because Tennessee has some of the worst run defense I think I've ever seen... and running seems to be something we can do, occasionally. 

Exactly why we'll only dial up two passes. I call it the interception cap. 

Tennessee has one of the worst defenses period.  How the hell did they even win 2 games without playing Oakland?

I really can't believe they have not brought up Enunwa yet at this stage of the season. What is there to lose in seeing how he takes in the speed of the game. Downright laughable

I actually think that these actions are the reason for rift between Rex & Idzik.

Idzik being saddled with Rex was a horrible mistake by Woody. I'll never understand this?

He did the same thing with Shotty when Rex came in. Woody needs to stop meddling with coaching structure of these team & let someone else do it.

While I think Idzik had a bad draft, I still blame the guy that's been there way to long, it's time he gets the boot & that is Terry Bradway!

You guys honestly believe that Idzik put together the Jets draft board? What would be the point of having a scouting structure.

Our problems are bigger than Idzik. I'm happy he didn't throw away our cap money this year.

We might have had 5-6. wins & picked somewhere in the middle of the draft.

When your 2-11 anyone not named Sheldon Richardson or Mangold is on the block as far as I'm concerned.

Replacing Tannenbaum with Idzik has been roughly the equivalent of replacing Schottenheimer with Sparano. Just brutal.

Your post is so dead on perfect that a bell just chimed in heaven.  The rush to sign Sparano before that season had even ended is one of the most head scratching blunders in the history of not only the NFL, but mankind's existence.

Your post is so dead on perfect that a bell just chimed in heaven. The rush to sign Sparano before that season had even ended is one of the most head scratching blunders in the history of not only the NFL, but mankind's existence.

Who was it that hired Sparano again?

Who was it that hired Sparano again?

Gee, wonder who?  lol

This quote by Rex just shocked me at the time.  WTF did he see in Sparano that no one else in God's green earth could?

"And it was actually Sparano that Ryan identified as his No. 1 choice before the season ended, sources said.

"When we sat down with Tony, I knew that he was the right person at the right time for our offense," Ryan said in a statement. "I've admired his work as a competitor in the division for the past three seasons. His teams were always physical, tough and hard-nosed."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7450685/new-york-jets-hire-tony-sparano-offensive-coordinator

Gee, wonder who? lol

This quote by Rex just shocked me at the time. WTF did he see in Sparano that no one else in God's green earth could?

"And it was actually Sparano that Ryan identified as his No. 1 choice before the season ended, sources said.

"When we sat down with Tony, I knew that he was the right person at the right time for our offense," Ryan said in a statement. "I've admired his work as a competitor in the division for the past three seasons. His teams were always physical, tough and hard-nosed."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7450685/new-york-jets-hire-tony-sparano-offensive-coordinator

Rex, aside from being an absolute moron, also fields a 2-4 lifetime record vs Tony Sparano coached teams.

Harvin back next season?

Hopefully not. 

We paid this guy nearly 1 million for per game he played in. 

He has been in the league 6 years and still has not had a 1000 yard receiving season. Hes a gimmick.  Id rather put that 10m per year salary to Mo, Suh, or Demarious Thomas. 

It was the first thing he has done because of public pressure. Before that he sucked but he didn't give a sh*t about public perception.  Perhaps his one good quality...

Nonsense. The deal was there to be made simply because Seattle cut Harvin.    He made the trade because the opportunity to fill a need unexpectedly presented itself.  Sometimes the most black and white explanation makes the most sense.

Agreed.

But if Harvin can play, he'll play, because Idzik is clearly thinking of paying him big to stay in NY.

Presuming Idzik isn't fired (and I don't think he will be).

Yup.  Notice how the offense is now completely centered on Harvin?  It's almost like a one man show, albeit soon to close due to horrible reviews.

Nonsense. The deal was there to be made simply because Seattle cut Harvin.    He made the trade because the opportunity to fill a need unexpectedly presented itself.  Sometimes the most black and white explanation makes the most sense.

The deal was horrible...The ONLY reason that deal was done was because of public pressure.  Not that Harvin is a bad player and he's certainly worth the value they gave up in the trade....But to make that move, after the season was lost...and simply dump $7mm is pressure cap money makes absolutely no football sense.  

The only logical reason for a move like that was to fold to public pressure.  

Based on what I saw of Idzik...I honestly believe this move was forced on him by Woody...

Archived