Alex Smith

Lupz27

He could become a cap cut in KC due to his large contract, the number of top free agents the Chiefs must sign from their own roster, and the emergence of Chase Daniel.

In a perfect world Alex Smith is the Jets starting QB September 2015 with Ivory, Harvin, Decker, Cooper, Kerley, and Amaro.

Bradford is my 2nd choice, after that blah were fcked.

He could become a cap cut in KC due to his large contract, the number of top free agents the Chiefs must sign from their own roster, and the emergence of Chase Daniel.

In a perfect world Alex Smith is the Jets starting QB September 2015 with Ivory, Harvin, Decker, Cooper, Kerley, and Amaro.

Emergence?  Dude has two starts and 75 passes in five years.

I am not saying Smith will not get cut, but Chase Daniel is not pushing him out of KC.

Kirk Cousins told reporters today that if RGIII is named the starter for next year, then he wants to be traded. He's a guy worth taking a chance on.

Chance?  Sure.  However, he did not exactly light league on fire this year when he had a chance.  He was benched for Colt right?

Emergence? Dude has two starts and 75 passes in five years.

I am not saying Smith will not get cut, but Chase Daniel is not pushing him out of KC.

Chance? Sure. However, he did not exactly light league on fire this year when he had a chance. He was benched for Colt right?

Yes he (and the rest of the team for that matter) looked terrible under Jay Gruden.

However under Mike and Kyle Shanahan, Cousins looked pretty good.

With the right coach in place, he could be a decent option.

Something about 0 touchdowns to WRs for a whole season rubs me the wrong way.

Also, I highly doubt Harvin is back. He will be looking to sign elsewhere and I think the Jets oblige him.

this is actually an amazing stat. amazing in how the hell do you goi all season without throwing one td to a wr?

Yes he (and the rest of the team for that matter) looked terrible under Jay Gruden.

With the right coach in place, Geno Smith could be a decent option.

Cousins looked good in his brief appearance during his rookie year.

The last two years he has thrown 16 picks.

Again, if I was the Jets and he was cheap, I would take a chance on him, but he has not shown any reason to believe he is a savior.

Cousins looked good in his brief appearance during his rookie year.

The last two years he has thrown 16 picks.

Again, if I was the Jets and he was cheap, I would take a chance on him, but he has not shown any reason to believe he is a savior.

I never said he was a savior.

In a thin QB market, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to bring in Cousins and a rookie like Brett Hundley, and let them and Geno battle it out in camp.

In a thin QB market, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to bring in Cousins and a rookie like Brett Hundley, and let them and Geno battle it out in camp.

Sound slike a plan.  Are you the next GM?  :)

"The emergence of Chase Daniel"??? Its the end of his 5th year and he has less than 500 passing yards and just 1TD in his career. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/12471/chase-daniel

:bag:

"The emergence of Chase Daniel"??? Its the end of his 5th year and he has less than 500 passing yards and just 1TD in his career. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/12471/chase-daniel

:bag:

Here is a piece from Jason LaCanfora's cbs sports article today.  Here is the link if you want to read the whole article in which it discusses other NFL issues besides this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24920315/nfl-black-monday-primer-just-about-every-name-you-should-know-about

Chiefs and the Chase Daniel situation

The Kansas City Chiefs enter this offseason in a pickle. They are locked into quarterback Alex Smith for two more years at big money, which is part of a sticky salary cap situation, and, while it's been in only a very limited role, backup Chase Daniel continues to look like a prospect worthy of a bigger look.

With Smith making $15M a season, that's going be tricky. At the same time, Justin Houston is coming off one of the more historic seasons in NFL history with his four-sack mastery of the Chargers that brought his season total to 22 -- a ½ sack off the all-time record. Houston is a dominant force and the Chiefs are locked into franchising him. Of course, they may have to do that multiple years barring a big extension -- you don't let a kid like this walk -- and that means massive cap numbers for him in 2015 and 2016.

If Houston is playing on a $17M franchise tag, its going to make it even more difficult to have guys like Tamba Hali ($12M) and Dwayne Bowe ($14M) if that's the plan, and with Smith carrying his heavy salary, well, the juggling gets even more tricky. I've long been a bit of a Daniel guy, I think in Andy Reid's hands he could be very viable and he certainly brought a new element and a freshness to that offense. Hell, he was a goal-line fumble away from throwing what would have been Kansas City's first touchdown pass to a wide receiver all season. I think he's a gamer and his ability to move the pocket and free up some stuff downfield seems like something the Chiefs desperately need.

Again, I can't foresee a true quarterback competition given the $45M commitment to Smith. But I'd be interested to see how one played out if it did.

Odds and ends from Week 17

Hundley is a project at the NFL level, he reminds me of Terrelle Pryor.   If you take Hundley (please not in rd 1) you really need to invest the time in his development - similar to Kaepernick.    Let him sit year 1 and work his way into the game.  

I like Cousins as a potential competitor for the QB position.  He's still young and has all of the tools to be a good QB.   With the slim pickings at QB in FA Cousins is one of the better options.   I'd take a 3-way competition with Cousins / Moore / Geno.  

Here is a piece from Jason LaCanfora's cbs sports article today.  Here is the link if you want to read the whole article in which it discusses other NFL issues besides this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24920315/nfl-black-monday-primer-just-about-every-name-you-should-know-about

Chiefs and the Chase Daniel situation

The Kansas City Chiefs enter this offseason in a pickle. They are locked into quarterback Alex Smith for two more years at big money, which is part of a sticky salary cap situation, and, while it's been in only a very limited role, backup Chase Daniel continues to look like a prospect worthy of a bigger look.

With Smith making $15M a season, that's going be tricky. At the same time, Justin Houston is coming off one of the more historic seasons in NFL history with his four-sack mastery of the Chargers that brought his season total to 22 -- a ½ sack off the all-time record. Houston is a dominant force and the Chiefs are locked into franchising him. Of course, they may have to do that multiple years barring a big extension -- you don't let a kid like this walk -- and that means massive cap numbers for him in 2015 and 2016.

If Houston is playing on a $17M franchise tag, its going to make it even more difficult to have guys like Tamba Hali ($12M) and Dwayne Bowe ($14M) if that's the plan, and with Smith carrying his heavy salary, well, the juggling gets even more tricky. I've long been a bit of a Daniel guy, I think in Andy Reid's hands he could be very viable and he certainly brought a new element and a freshness to that offense. Hell, he was a goal-line fumble away from throwing what would have been Kansas City's first touchdown pass to a wide receiver all season. I think he's a gamer and his ability to move the pocket and free up some stuff downfield seems like something the Chiefs desperately need.

Again, I can't foresee a true quarterback competition given the $45M commitment to Smith. But I'd be interested to see how one played out if it did.

Odds and ends from Week 17

This doesnt come off as someone who is emerging, better yet it sounds like some prospect that looks like he could be the wont whom they turn to in order to relieve some of their upcoming cap problems/casualties. And yesterdays performance doesnt support such emergence either.

Build a kick azz Oline so that no matter what average QB we get (yes, there are zero above average QBs available to us for 2015) we can actually play some f*cking NFL football next year!

Build the Olines & build a kick azz Dline!

2 big signings?

Iupati & Suh (maybe he'll step on Brady) we don't need choir boys.

Draft the best f*cking Olineman in the draft.

Draft a WR in the 2nd

Draft a stud RB that falls in the 3rd (Tre Mason should have been picked over McDougie)

Draft LBs & CBs rest of the way

We'd still have a lot of money to bargain shop some decent vets.

Trade Snacks to one of the numerous teams that can't stop the run for sh*t (plenty of those around)

Use that pick on your QB to groom.

Let's play.

The problem with Alex Smith is you are never going to win anything with him.  He's a nice player and can game-manage with the best of'em but he's essentially just another Chad.

I'm fine with Alex Smith as a stop-gap and think he's infinitely better than the Jake Locker's and Matt Moores but we'd better also draft a qb somewhere to take on as a project same way the Niners did with Smith and Kaepernick.   Maybe a Sean Mannion in rd 3 or a Cody Fajardo in rd 7.

Kirk Cousins told reporters today that if RGIII is named the starter for next year, then he wants to be traded. He's a guy worth taking a chance on.

Agreed. This is the guy I think we could realistically end up with, just need the right guy handling him.

Agreed. This is the guy I think we could realistically end up with, just need the right guy handling him.

exactly ... Cousins early on showed a lot of promise ...then the wheels feel off that team with all the shannahan bullsh*t and RGIII crying all over the place ... It was a dysfunctional mess and it really hurt the kids development IMHO. He would be a good guy to bring in a stable situation and see how his progresses. Like Sourceworx said "hes not a savior" Just an option no ones looking for a franchise QB in Cousins but if the NEW GM does not like whats available in this years draft and Mariota is not an option due to what might be a very costly trade up Cousins would not be all that bad for a year or 2 and the possibility he could turn out to be pretty good.

Hundley is a project at the NFL level, he reminds me of Terrelle Pryor. If you take Hundley (please not in rd 1) you really need to invest the time in his development - similar to Kaepernick. Let him sit year 1 and work his way into the game.

I like Cousins as a potential competitor for the QB position. He's still young and has all of the tools to be a good QB. With the slim pickings at QB in FA Cousins is one of the better options. I'd take a 3-way competition with Cousins / Moore / Geno.

I'd still draft a QB if we traded for someone like Cousins. Brett Hundley, Garrett Grayson, or Bryce Petty in the middle rounds. I think Hundley has the most potential of them.

Let the rookie sit while Cousins and Geno compete for the starting job. If Cousins turns out to be good, or the light miraculously turns on for Geno, great. If not, we have a talented young QB learning and waiting in the wings for 2016.

I'd still draft a QB if we traded for someone like Cousins. Brett Hundley, Garrett Grayson, or Bryce Petty in the middle rounds. I think Hundley has the most potential of them.

Let the rookie sit while Cousins and Geno compete for the starting job. If Cousins turns out to be good, or the light miraculously turns on for Geno, great. If not, we have a talented young QB learning and waiting in the wings for 2016.

There's no doubt you have to draft a QB somewhere relatively high - but you're def. going to need a vet to be the starter.  Cousins would be a great fit....

Sign the best WR available, sign/draft a RT and Guard and draft a fast RB....that's makes this a legit offense with potential and something a vet QB can win with. Use the rest of the cap money to solidify the defensive backfield and you have a team that can compete for a playoff spot.

They're really not that far off.

Archived