Ian Rappaport: Plenty of teams interested in Rex Ryan

bergenjets

I'm 40. They've never been in a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

I don't want to be a Chicago Cubs Fan, pining for an entire life and never reaching that moment.

We already are Cubs fans. Wanting it and firing people doesn't mean jack. Everyone wants it. All this does is create false hope. It's the same routine every 4-6 years. Fire a coach, rinse, repeat. It doesn't get the team any closer. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to the FAN is comedy extreme, the lamentations over firing a 4 win coach is just stunning.

You would think we fired Bill Parcells after back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl titles.

My God, did Rex's Clown Car Bravado really sell THAT well to the working-class-hero crowd?

The hardest part about listening to NY Sports Talk Radio is that over the course of a few hours you'll get 7, 8... maybe 9 (screened) callers in for your given team and somehow that's, "the voice of the fan base"

We already are Cubs fans. Wanting it and firing people doesn't mean jack. Everyone wants it. All this does is create false hope. It's the same routine every 4-6 years. Fire a coach, rinse, repeat. It doesn't get the team any closer. 

It finally got the Red Sox closer.    Pretty impressive management overhaul to finally break the curse.

You have to experience positive variance to win a super bowl so mixing sh*t up has intrinsic value.

The hardest part about listening to NY Sports Talk Radio is that over the course of a few hours you'll get 7, 8... maybe 9 (screened) callers in for your given team and somehow that's, "the voice of the fan base"

Ira - "mike I couldn't agree with you more about the Jets"

I remember quite well that game against the pats.  One of the best regular season games I ever saw.  It was incredible, the fans and players were in rhythm.  Brady had not chance in that game.  It was the first time ever that I saw Brady being rattles from start to the end and I think he has like four delay of game.

It was stupid and childish of woody to do it again at the meadowlands.  Because he couldn’t get his wish to build a new Stadium in the west side like a spoil rich, he decided out of spite to not build one in Flushing, Queens.  We could have our own identity if not for the stupid and dumb decision by woody to help the Giants pay for their stupid and crappy Stadium.  In fact the Cowboys Stadium is a thousand times better looking than the one at the meadowland and it was a lot cheaper.  

And that Stadium in Flushing would have been filled by 50% Steelers, Dolphins and Patriots fans like at this sh*thole - we no longer have a homefield advantage , the good fans are there thick and thin , others sell their seats at first sign of adversity or simply to recoup their ticket costs. And sure if we had a winning team they'd be back , but I'd love to have a crowd like in KC. 

Sadly, your solution is to to stick with a guy who has been declining in almost every way since the day he arrived.  Worst every year than the year before.

Because :consistency:

Are you really going to tell us staying with Rex was the right choice for real hope (as opposed to false hope) and getting us closer (as opposed to not closer) to a title Bit?

In any event, presuming this report is not pure fiction by Mehta, congrats to Rex for getting interviews.  Maybe his "hired in 5 mintes" fans here are right.  Will be interesting to see how he does/what he does in San Fran or Atlanta. 

Of course there is interest. Rex doesn't suck. He just has no grasp of the offense, is terrible at in game management, clock control, timeouts, challenges, having guys lay in the end zone on kickoffs, developing young offensive players, making halftime adjustments, and adjusting his strategy to the game today.

But he sure can coach up the defense. I imagine he'll catch on somewhere eventually and win something.

Rex's lack of professional and personal discipline will eventually unhinge him wherever he lands

The hardest part about listening to NY Sports Talk Radio is that over the course of a few hours you'll get 7, 8... maybe 9 (screened) callers in for your given team and somehow that's, "the voice of the fan base

I thought the hardest part of NY Sports Talk Radio is that it all sucks.

I thought the hardest part of NY Sports Talk Radio is that it all sucks.

I was the biggest Mike and Mad Dog fan. IMO Mike is unlistenable without Mad Dog. But truth be told I still listen, although it's frustrating helping his ratings. It's just that I like listening to sport talk radio sometimes and when the choices are this fat **** or Kay I have to choose which topic both pigs are talking about is less obnoxious. 

I like Joe and Evan fwiw. 

And that Stadium in Flushing would have been filled by 50% Steelers, Dolphins and Patriots fans like at this sh*thole - we no longer have a homefield advantage , the good fans are there thick and thin , others sell their seats at first sign of adversity or simply to recoup their ticket costs. And sure if we had a winning team they'd be back , but I'd love to have a crowd like in KC. 

You have got to be kidding.  WTF.  The most loyal fan are from Long Island and Queens from the days at Shea.  

LOL, as if NJ can support a pro-team if it doesn't have NY logo as its location, NO? Do you know the Mets playing in Flushing dead last in the division, every year they draw over 2 million people? Let along a game where you only play 8 times a year at home.  Every body told Woody to move the Jets to Flushing but his stubbornness of losing the fight to build it in the West Side got the best of him.   

Rex fans crack me up.

Hey, if he's as amazing as you think, he'll be Atlanta's Head Coach...what, tonight? Tomorrow?

If he is THAT good, that sure a thing (top 10 D stud every year), why wouldn't a team with a "decent GM and franchise QB" not want a sure Super Bowl win under Ryan?

Where is the reporting that the Falcons are putting the hard press on Rex, with a above-average salary long-term deal to lead their team to the promised land?

Hey you, how are you?

Exactly. If only we would have kept Herm or Mangini, it would have solved everything.

Just curious

what do these stats look like during last 2 minutes of 1st half and last 2 minutes of game, I will hang up now and listen for answer off air

ya agree, there is some kink in Rexs Def armor vs hurry up or 3rd and long or pressure time that other teams figured out a long time ago

Rex will absolutely be a HC again. Wether it be this year or next. People that don't get that don't follow the NFL. 

Guys like Adam Gase and Dan Quinn will be hired to be a headcoach after taking over units that were star studded that would have succeeded with most coordinators similar to Eric Mangini in New England. 

Guys like Gary Kubiack are being considered again as many retreads are after doing nothing for so many years in Houston. 

This market is extremely limited. 

Rex will absolutely be a HC again. Wether it be this year or next. People that don't get that don't follow the NFL. 

Guys like Adam Gase and Dan Quinn will be hired to be a headcoach after taking over units that were star studded that would have succeeded with most coordinators similar to Eric Mangini in New England. 

Guys like Gary Kubiack are being considered again as many retreads are after doing nothing for so many years in Houston. 

This market is extremely limited. 

Kubiak has a higher career winning percentage than Rex. LOL

Archived