We are doomed forever

T0mShane

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, they can announce it as soon as the hawks lose.  they will interview him one last time as well most likely.   I'm sure they discussed quinn with macc and macc with quinn.  woody's #1 goal is a happy marriage, that is what he is after

the order it is announced is completely meaningless

Thank you. 

I don't know, you guys. Cannizzaro has always been my go-to guy for truthiness when it comes to the Jets.

I remember during the 2006 preseason, this fat lump of sh!t questioned Brick's manhood because he wouldn't disobey Mangini's orders to not speak with the media.

Brick lines up against NFL defensive linemen, and Cannizzaro was questioning his manhood while hiding behind a computer and eating chocolate eclairs.

so if marrone winds up with no HC offers and settles for a 2nd tier college job or stands on the sideline for a year, do we have a new phrase ?

"pulling a marroner"

Going to be pretty funny when neither Marrone or Rex is a head coach next year.

The ******* owner lets a professional troll influence his decisions. Did it in 2012, and is doing it now. There really is no hope.

Sell the team, Woody.

I think you misread the quote. It didn't spook Woody, it spooked Marrone. Never mind I saw the word list.

Plus, how was Woody influenced in 2012?

The ******* owner lets a professional troll influence his decisions. Did it in 2012, and is doing it now. There really is no hope.

Sell the team, Woody.

I'm pretty sure Doug Marrone's pedestrian track record n his willingness to quit on teams has nothing to do with it.

"Spooked" lol. Billionaire n two for NFL execs got spooked by a beat writers personal agenda. Just because these guys are not letting much details out, beat writers are making crap up.

The Bashing is Justified, What good org hires a coach before a GM. this is now twice in a row.

Um we havent hired a coach before the GM yet, and it seemed Casserly was really really pushing Marrone and Woody did not like him, we should be crediting Woody not bashing him at this point.

Are we now going to have a 10+ page thread "bashing" Woody over some rumor???  Really???

Could it be possible that Marrone DID interview poorly and didn't have a proper plan for the team

and that "spooked" Woody???  If that's the case thank goodness Woody was "spooked"

+1

No need to bash Woody over this unsubstantiated rumor.  

There are dozens of legitimate reasons to bash our idiot owner.  But this isn't one of them.

I think you misread the quote. It didn't spook Woody, it spooked Marrone. Never mind I saw the word list.

Plus, how was Woody influenced in 2012?

Every decision woody had made since the Twitter poll has been made to make Mehta happy....to Toms point that is my issue it's not about Marrone vs Quinn for me....Mehta owns the Jets.

Entirely possible they end up with a solid HC in Quinn, it ends happily every after, cue the confetti in 2016 and thereafter, hand us the Lombardis.

But if the reason they don't go with their top candidate in marrone because a weasel/douchebag writer says Marrone, an Italian guy form the Bronx, yells at people, we are probably doomed.If twice in 2 years you hire paid professional to advise you and then ignore them, you have no business being in this business. HE'S A FOOTBALL COACH. Football coaches from flag, Pop Warner, scholastic and all the way up to the NFL are going to raise their voices.It's also true of pretty much any competitive sport at evey level for men and women. The fact some now unemployable former assistant now spending his waking hours collecting bottles and cans living in a van down by the river says Marrone is a nasty is not grounds to dismiss his candicacy. IN FACT IT SHOULD BE A NONISSUE. Marrone, what ever else you can say about him, he has been an NFL HC, and improved his teams' records in both Syracuse and Buffalo and has worked and grown up here(as has QUinn).If you hired Casserly and Wolf and they recommneded Marrone, you hire Marrone. If not, twice in 2 years Johnson shows himself to be a fool.

What kind of business did Johnson think he bought?If Johnson wants peace and quiet he should've bought a cupcake franchise rather than an NFL team. And why would anyone have to care what a sniveling POS like Manish Mehta thinks about this, or anything?

who is cannizaro talking to ?  how does that constitute "NFL circles"

at best we have 2nd hand info here

2nd hand info spun in a way to make the jets look bad, as usual

they were spinning marrone as a done deal a week ago to make the jets look bad

whatever

Sell the team, Woody.

I'll take any excuse to think the team is doomed, but this is a little weak. JLC and Francesa both said Marrone interviewed poorly, and the latter in particular would race to a microphone with a story like this.

The ilk must not have had a pre meeting on this topic to make sure they were all on the same page

I think that Mehta's campaign may have played into it a bit, but I think the bad interview was the main culprit.

Also I'm of the opinion that it makes no sense to spend so much effort complaining about the owner, because nothing's going to change. So basically TomShane is on a fool's errand

Herman Edwards lit up the room. But certain the man cannot be trusted with a coffee order.Woody Johnson's very first hire; the guy has learned nothing and forgotten everything.

Simply is Johnson putting import into something that really doens't mean sheet, or is he listnening to the guys he paid to

advise him and their review of Marrone's record and experience compared to the other candidates.

Know this; Quinn is no lock herewith openings with the Niners and Bears.

Entirely possible they end up with a solid HC in Quinn, it ends happily every after, cue the confetti in 2016 and thereafter, hand us the Lombardis.

But if the reason they don't go with their top candidate in marrone because a weasel/douchebag writer says Marrone, an Italian guy form the Bronx, yells at people, we are probably doomed.If twice in 2 years you hire paid professional to advise you and then ignore them, you have no business being in this business. HE'S A FOOTBALL COACH. Football coaches from flag, Pop Warner, scholastic and all the way up to the NFL are going to raise their voices.It's also true of pretty much any competitive sport at evey level for men and women. The fact some now unemployable former assistant now spending his waking hours collecting bottles and cans living in a van down by the river says Marrone is a nasty is not grounds to dismiss his candicacy. IN FACT IT SHOULD BE A NONISSUE. Marrone, what ever else you can say about him, he has been an NFL HC, and improved his teams' records in both Syracuse and Buffalo and has worked and grown up here(as has QUinn).If you hired Casserly and Wolf and they recommneded Marrone, you hire Marrone. If not, twice in 2 years Johnson shows himself to be a fool.

What kind of business did Johnson think he bought?If Johnson wants peace and quiet he should've bought a cupcake franchise rather than an NFL team. And why would anyone have to care what a sniveling POS like Manish Mehta thinks about this, or anything?

How do you know that Woody followed the media and not his consultants? You only know what the media feeds you. How do you know what Woody's team's final analysis was or is? 

It's possible Marrone really does come off as a full-of-himself legend that thinks he's Bill Parcells after bringing the Bills one game above .500 when New England benched their starters in week 17. 

Herman Edwards lit up the room. But certain the man cannot be trusted with a coffee order.Woody Johnson's very first hire; the guy has learned nothing and forgotten everything.

Simply is Johnson putting import into something that really doens't mean sheet, or is he listnening to the guys he paid toadvise him and their review of Marrone's record and experience compared to the other candidates.

Know this; Quinn is no lock herewith openings with the Niners and Bears.

I get the impression that he's listening. The candidates they've narrowed it down to appear to be strong. Marrone got a lot of buzz in a hurry when walked away from Buffalo, and it seems like that buzz has faded around the league. He's improved the team's he's coached via a very conservative approach. There's no doubt that he's lifted those teams, but there is a legitimate question as to whether or not he can take a team to the next level. Going from 6 wins to 9 wins is significantly easier than going from 9 wins to 12. I don't know if a guy who punts on 4th & 2 from his opponent's 40 yard line is a guy who can get to that next level.

If Quinn is the guy, that'll become more obvious if Seattle goes deep into the playoffs. The first coaching hire will probably happen soon, and the rest will start going down like dominoes. If Seattle is in the Super Bowl, and the Jets are the last team with an opening, it'll be a foregone conclusion what's going on there.

Sell the team, Woody.

lol, you should be ashamed of yourself biting on this.

Shane should be banned for this thread. I mean this is some pretty weak ass troll sh*t.

Archived