What rookies were you wrong about this past draft? Which surprised you?

Villain The Foe

I didn't think that most of the top 5 WRs coming out last year would do as well as they did...neither did Idzy I guess...

I thought that Watkins had this highest ceiling of the WR's but Matthews had the highest floor. It ended up being that Beckham had both. 

One thing I love about football are the rookies. Its good to see guys come in the league and make a statement like that. A guy who was not necessarily a surprise but I didnt think would be better than Zack Martin was Joel Bitonio. Dude was WAY better than Martin. Cleveland dropped the ball on Manziel but definitely got it right with Bitonio. I should have known he was going to be the best lineman. He looks like he has shoulder pads on without the damn shoulder pads. lol. 

1301302.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as long as many would think. I think this years draft will ultimately pan out. Guys who I think will be players in this league. 

1. Pryor, 2. IK, 3. McDougle, 4. Evans. 

I still think he should have drafted Matthews in the 2nd and Phillip Gaines in the 3rd. I was shocked when Gaines was still on the board when McDougle was drafted, and Gaines had a damn Solid year for KC. 

I don't disagree, I am not a huge Idzik hater,  he blew the 4th round completely though.  Evans I hav e zero hope for.  Didn't like the pick at the time at all.  I look at Pryor, amaro, possibly mcdougle, I think dozier is going to be a decent pick.  The best thing to ever happen to Pryor if you ask me is Rex being gone.

You thought Bortles sucked? I thought he had a pretty good rookie season. I mean, it wasnt "all world" but dude has no protection on that oline. Luke Joeckel is a f'ing bust. 

Bortles will be out of the league in 4 yrs, not impressed at all..imo

I would take Cardale Jones over Bortles

I thought that Watkins had this highest ceiling of the WR's but Matthews had the highest floor. It ended up being that Beckham had both. 

One thing I love about football are the rookies. Its good to see guys come in the league and make a statement like that. A guy who was not necessarily a surprise but I didnt think would be better than Zack Martin was Joel Bitonio. Dude was WAY better than Martin. Cleveland dropped the ball on Manziel but definitely got it right with Bitonio. I should have known he was going to be the best lineman. He looks like he has shoulder pads on without the damn shoulder pads. lol. 

1301302.jpg

Watkins disappointed in nickel city, Beckham is the gold standard

I didn't whiff on any WRs, as i honestly thought most looked the part, but I was little harder a couple of them. 

I wasn't convinced Benjamin was going to be as dynamic as he was at FSU (too stiff, and cement hands), but he's surprised me with how he's compensated with his physicality. Still had a ton of drops, but he earned some slack.

I was also hard on Moncrief for basically being a pussy and not fighting for the ball, and he's looked a little better than i thought, but the lack of "Dawg"  was highlighted by Luck's INT over the weekend. 

I don't disagree, I am not a huge Idzik hater,  he blew the 4th round completely though.  Evans I hav e zero hope for.  Didn't like the pick at the time at all.  I look at Pryor, amaro, possibly mcdougle, I think dozier is going to be a decent pick.  The best thing to ever happen to Pryor if you ask me is Rex being gone.

I even forgot about Dozier and Amaro. Truth be told, I think Milliner will be serviceable as well. 

I think when its all said and done Idzik would have shown that his draft classes weren't as bad as they tend to look today. 

The CB i was hoping we would draft: Dennard. Barely saw the field. On the other hand, Jason verrett looked terrific for the chargers.

Gilbert was also disappointing, I thought he would be really good. That guy has issues both on and off the field. Cleveland sure knows to pick em

Bridgewater, definitely.  I still think he's going to bust, but it will be more the Alex Smith type of bust in SF then the Geno Smith type of bust.

Ditto. I was wrong about him but agree with your assessment.

I was wrong about Beckham Jr. He's a beast.

Was wrong about Bottles. He stinks.

Was wrong about Watkins. Terrible trade.

Was spot f*****g on about Manzeil. I knew he was crap and a celebrity type.

Was right about David Carr. He's the best QB in that draft IMO.

Was wrong on Pryor. Maybe new coach can do something with him.

Manziel. Saw a very impressive college career, and thought his size wouldn't be a big deal.But really shocking that with some much at stake he is still dumber than dirt. He did EVERYTHING wrong.

I thought the same as you, I still think there's time for him to come around.

I remember writing an article for this site that was basically a Mike Williams blowjay in print form.

http://www.jetnation.com/2005/05/05/jetnation-nfl-draft-report-card/

Detroit Lions: A

When you add WR Mike Williams to a receiving corps of Roy Williams and Charles Rogers, you are building perhaps the second best receiving trio in the league after the Raiders. The only shame is that we’ll have to watch Williams suffer with Joey Harrington throwing the ball at him, and not to him.

Archived