Rex Ryan/Bills Press Conference News (merged)

Bruce Harper

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the new GM cares more about "PR" than he does about making the team better on the field, he's not a very good GM.

Frankly, if our new GM ever listens to fans, in any way, ever, he's a bad GM.

I don;t WANT Sanchez back any more than anyone else.....but if he's the best QB on the market, and we don't draft in spots #1 and #2, then he SHOULD be signed.

Signing a lesser QB just to avoid "PR" is pants on head dumb.

Sorry but you are not convincing me or anyone else that going backwards would be a good move for this GM.

He already has one sh!t QB to contend with.

Adding more sh!t to the pile would be an Idzik type move.

Sorry but you are not convincing me or anyone else that going backwards would be a good move for this GM.

He already has one sh!t QB to contend with.

Adding more sh!t to the pile would be an Idzik type move.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

I want the best possible FA QB (at reasonable cost) on our roster in 2015, regardless of who that QB is or who he played for in the past.

Now, I don't happen to think the best QB is Sanchez.  I prefer (and have said as much) McCoy or Cousins (not a FA, but acquirable IMO).

I'll just repeat, I hope our GM ignores Jet fans completely.  Otherwise we might trade away our entire draft to have Mariota throwing to Danny Woodhead and Braylon Edwards in 2015.......

I'll just repeat, I hope our GM ignores Jet fans completely.  Otherwise we might trade away our entire draft to have Mariota throwing to Danny Woodhead and Braylon Edwards in 2015.......

dont worry, wont happen, not in his multiple mentors DNA

Sorry to see him go.  Wish him the best.  The one coach I wanted to stay.  Wonder if Weeks went to Buffalo with Rex.  Weeks is awful.  In charge of defensive subs.  How many 12 men on the field did we get called.  He killed us.

No Weeks is not in Buffalo

Why's that?  Literally not a single person involved with Sanchez is still here, so there is no lingering ill will here now outside of some fans.

And why Buffalo?  Rex ruined Sanchez here, and got him hurt for nothing and cost him the 31 job, remember?  Think Sanchez forgot that so quickly?

If Sanchez is the BAP FA QB, our FO would be grossly incompetent not to consider him seriously as the fill-in/short-term Veteran FA literally everyone thinks we need right now.

Keeping Sanchez away from Rex (and make no mistake, Sanchez > Emanuel right now) also hurts the Bills, while making us better.

I'm no Sanchez Fan, was glad to see him gone, but as time has passed, I continue to think more and more that it was never Shotty, Sanchez, Tanny, etc.  

It was always Rex.

I could live with Sanchez back in NY for a few seasons under new leadership whilst we develop the next #1 QB. 

Bet the Cardinals wish they had Sanchez this year.  He'll have more suitors than just Buffalo IMO.

If you want to pin it on one single person Woody is your guy.  Every time he gets involved it becomes a disaster.  He was the one behind so many of the screw ups for years to get us where we are today, for example:

- Pull Brett Favre out of retirement for one year and not draft a QB (that was the year we drafted Gholston) when we could have had Flacco.  Next year we end up giving up draft picks and players to get Sanchez.

- Sign Santonio Holmes to a huge contract resulting in us dropping the following productive players from the AFCCG team, over the next two years: Damien Woody, LT, Tony Richardson, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Moore, Matt Slausen, Jericho Cotchery,  Brian Hartsock.  D. Woody was replalced by Wayne Hunter and with no backs, or TEs that could block and no receiver to throw to Sanchez was geting killed.  In the meantime, Holmes reverted to his cancer self, then was injured, he never had a productive season after signing that contract, what a mess.

- Forced the signing of Tim Tebow, which is when the Jets Circus started.

- Forced the trade of Revis, in and of itself not a horrible thing, but after the following year we drop Cromartie and we blow off Revis when he says he'd like to come back.  Goodbye Jets season, hello Superbowl Patriots.

- At the end of all this Woody's justification for firing Rex is because Rex wasn't vocal enough to stop the madness.  Give me a break. 

It's so clear to me what the issue has been all along, but since we can't fire the owner folks on this board need other scapegoats.   Woody's name should have been trailing behind the plane right along with Idzik and to this day he remains the same arrogant, reactive, meddling owner.  Need proof?  Now Bowles reports directly to Woody,  What will he do next.  How about letting the people you hire do their job. 

If you want to pin it on one single person Woody is your guy.  Every time he gets involved it becomes a disaster.  He was the one behind so many of the screw ups for years to get us where we are today, for example:

- Pull Brett Favre out of retirement for one year and not draft a QB (that was the year we drafted Gholston) when we could have had Flacco.  Next year we end up giving up draft picks and players to get Sanchez.

- Sign Santonio Holmes to a huge contract resulting in us dropping the following productive players from the AFCCG team, over the next two years: Damien Woody, LT, Tony Richardson, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Moore, Matt Slausen, Jericho Cotchery,  Brian Hartsock.  D. Woody was replalced by Wayne Hunter and with no backs, or TEs that could block and no receiver to throw to Sanchez was geting killed.  In the meantime, Holmes reverted to his cancer self, then was injured, he never had a productive season after signing that contract, what a mess.

- Forced the trade of Revis, in and of itself not a horrible thing, but after the following year we drop Cromartie and we blow off Revis when he says he'd like to come back.  Goodbye Jets season, hello Superbowl Patriots.

- At the end of all this Woody's justification for firing Rex is because Rex wasn't vocal enough to stop the madness.  Give me a break. 

It's so clear to me what the issue has been all along, but since we can't fire the owner folks on this board need other scapegoats.   Woody's name should have been trailing behind the plane right along with Idzik and to this day he remains the same arrogant, reactive, meddling owner.  Need proof?  Now Bowles reports directly to Woody,  What will he do next.  How about letting the people you hire do their job. 

Your post is gold, excellent.  You really follow your team.  You left the most important of all, hiring the garbage of Idzik. Woody was duped by this guy who never had anything to do with personnel in Seattle.  The guy who stated from day one that he was going to build the team from the drafts with no input in FA, yet he swing and miss in almost every single draft picks.  Idsik could not find a single WR in the richest wide receivers class in the history of the NFL.  He is the same guy who went into the season with four scrubs DB, the most essential part of his team' defense.  

Right, the team Mangini put together. Wonder what happened since then, when Rex was asked to develop/build his team. It fell apart...

That speaks volume to how well Rex did his job.  Think about it, Mangini could not even make the playoff with Favre at QB and Rex made it to the AFCC the following year with Mangini's players and a rookie QB that went for 12 td and 20 int, NO?  Rex is a freaking coach, not a gm.  When the talents of players dried up, the team went downhill.  Look at the lousy job of his last GM, the legendary Idzik. 

That speaks volume to how well Rex did his job.  Think about it, Mangini could not even make the playoff with Favre at QB and Rex made it to the AFCC the following year with Mangini's players and a rookie QB that went for 12 td and 20 int, NO?  Rex is a freaking coach, not a gm.  When the talents of players dried up, the team went downhill.  Look at the lousy job of his last GM, the legendary Idzik. 

I think you should go over to BillsNation and share the joy for the new greatest HC in the NFL that your team has just signed, with your fellow Bills fans, no?

Oh, so you are a Rex fan, not a Jets fan?

Die hard Jets fan since 1990, that doesn't change the fact that I defend a coach who had given us the most fun since forever.  I understand he didn't win the SB which is our ultimate goal but with what was given to him, he did good job for us. 

Die hard Jets fan since 1990, that doesn't change the fact that I defend a coach who had given us the most fun since forever.  I understand he didn't win the SB which is our ultimate goal but with what was given to him, he did good job for us. 

No, he really did not, or he would still be here if he did.

I still have hope you're just trolling. Mangini laid the foundation for those AFC Championship games. Stop acting like Rex got this team to that level with like one training camp. Rex is a coach, yes. It's his job to develop players and to hire a good staff and to get the team to play well and win. He failed in every aspect. Oh, and stop blaming Idzik. Rex got 2 GM's fired. Staff got replaced, players got replaced, the only constant was Rex. And the team got worse and worse. Keep blaming everyone else...

lol

Is this a serious post?

"Bills' Kim Pegula: Rex Ryan was not our first choice
  • 0ap3000000408080.jpg
  • print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png
  • By Conor Orr
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: Jan. 21, 2015 at 07:40 a.m.
  • Updated: Jan. 21, 2015 at 08:09 a.m.

Rex Ryan was not Kim Pegula's first choice in Buffalo.

That's what the Bills' owner told her own in-house radio show this week when asked about the former Jets head coach who was signed to a hefty five-year contract last week.

"It was a little bit of a surprise, I'm going to admit, because he was not a candidate that we had really on the top of our list as, 'Wow, this is the guy we want. Let's go get him,'" Kim said, via The John Murphy Show. "We were just being very open-minded about everybody. But he really came in and really kind of elevated himself to that top position, where we said, 'Hey, listen, we need to have another talk with this guy.'"

Pegula is experiencing what many do when they meet Ryan for the first time. He's earnest up front and extremely engaging, which is difficult to ignore, especially for first-time owners.

While we're not suggesting the Pegula's made a mistake -- Ryan's energy alone will re-energize a fan base that needs an identity beyond C.J. Spiller -- it's not surprising he won them over quickly and toppled the list of candidates.

She did not mention who the previous No. 1 candidate was.

Of course, anyone who has been in a room with Ryan knows it doesn't matter. He is the consummate salesman.

But can his brand of bully football -- defense first, powered by the run game -- finally succeed without a top-tier quarterback driving the ship?"

Yup, Rex's charm won him the job, good luck buffalo when that charm wears thin after the bad timeouts, bad discipline and close look at the clown assistant coaches.

Archived