Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smh, do I even have to say?

cause fanbase goes nuts, especially the drunken one in Boston and gobbles up tons of crap.. Plus all the advertising for players OF the team etc etc et cetc

Hell Kraft has been in commericals if not mistaken

Merchandise sales are split evenly among all 32 NFL teams.

commercials for players? split evenly also? Free Agents saying 'I want to play on a SB team'?  It has a domino effect that is player and money driven.

Come on, if another team did this in AFC Champ game vs Pats you would be going nuts. 

At last man up and admit that......

Forbes ranks the Patriots worth at 2.6 billion dollars. Only the Dallas Cowboys are ranked higher at 3 billion plus. The New York Giants are valued at 2.1 billion and Jets at 1.8.

Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated
Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2015, 5:47 PM EST
rodgers2.jpg?w=219AP

Now that an investigation has commenced regarding whether the Patriots indulged Tom Brady’s preference for deflated footballs, the question becomes whether other teams do the same thing.

Via Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com, at least one possibly does.  Reiss notes that, during the November 30 game between the Packers and Patriots on CBS, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms discussed the preference by quarterback Aaron Rodgers for overinflated balls.

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.

Simms pointed out that Rodgers is the exception.

“Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into,” Simms said. “[Rodgers is] such a feel thrower.  You can tell.  The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it.  That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.”

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

Look for more anecdotes to emerge regarding the things teams do to make the footballs the way their quarterbacks like them.  While on one hand it takes some of the sting out of the possibility that the Patriots broke the rules, on the other hand it’s yet another case where, at a time when everyone may be getting away with it, the Patriots are the ones who got caught.

SUSPEND RODGERS AND BAN MCCARTHY! LET THE COWBOYS COME BACK AND FACE SEATTLE TO DETERMINE THE REAL NFC CHAMPION!

Look, I hate the ******* Patriots as much as anyone, but some of you sound like lunatics.

SUSPEND RODGERS AND BAN MCCARTHY! LET THE COWBOYS COME BACK AND FACE SEATTLE TO DETERMINE THE REAL NFC CHAMPION!

Look, I hate the ******* Patriots as much as anyone, but some of you sound like lunatics.

Must mean Brady has small fingers,,,,,,,, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There's one major question left: if the ball handler, a NE employee by the way, manipulated it in a way that the Patriots were much much more likely to get the underinfllated balls and Indy to NOT get them, well the NFL would then be in a very large quandry because that is something that could materially affect the game. They will so want to sweep this under the rug, but they can't. Personally I might forfeit the victory for the Patriots and then probably send Indy (who may not want to go). So, since it is unlikely that happens I would suspend Bellichick for the season starting now, and fine Kraft whatever the maximum allowable fine there is.

Each team supplies their own balls.  The team can scuff them or treat them so that it has a comfortable feel for the QB and that is legal.  The Pats had all the under inflated balls which are easier to grip in wet and cold weather. 

Over inflated balls makes it harder to throw it and much more harder for Wr's to catch it and RB's to carry it. If anything this would make it HARDER on packer players not easier.

In article Simms says Rodgers style promotes him liking heavier ball, so yes, if proved GB over inflating that cheating also, cause it helps thier QBs style. Supposed to be equal playing field for all.

What do you think the NFL is going to do?

Ban Belichick for life, suspend Brady for the Super Bowl and force Kraft to sell the team?

No like I said, they have decided as franchise awhile back to cheat and if caught fines/lost draft picks are worth price of SB's. Agree with you, no penalty will stop them unless NFL plays hardball and sends Indy to SB to set a HUGE example.

Of course they're not going to suspend them.  The NFL set the precedent with Spygate that cheating will be tolerated so long as you're willing to accept the asterisk that everyone else will associate with the win and as long as you're willing to pay some relatively minor penalties for damaging the integrity of the game.  The Pats are willing to take the asterisk and the monetary fines, so there really won't be anything detrimental that will happen to them so far as they're concerned.

The lack of integrity for the game is a shame.

It really is.  The NFL already damaged it quite a bit this year with all of the BS the referees and Dean Blandino were involved in, from the horrible job they did in the playoffs to the whole party bus incident.  Add this to it and, unless the NFL grows a backbone and decides to significantly punish the Patriots, the NFL has a problem that won't be able to be solved until they fire Roger Goodel.

The deflated ball that Brady was able to use, probably saved him three or four year in the nfl.  Let's see next year when the cheaters are force to comply with the rule, how well Brady can throw the ball?  After all there is no fountain of youth.  

In this case, it was in the air. :winking0001:   

What do you think the NFL is going to do?

Ban Belichick for life, suspend Brady for the Super Bowl and force Kraft to sell the team?

As a repeat offender the NFL may come down hard.

Suspend Belichick for the Super Bowl a big fine and a loss of a draft pick.

Pats fans can poo-poo it all they want but the NFL is not going to be happy with this coming on their biggest stage.

This, what's funny are those calling for suspension for the Superbowl, that will never happen. My guess they lose a 7th round pick or something useless.

They won't even lose that much.  

My favorite (I say that with all due sarcasm) theory is that the Pats will be awarded the Jets' #6 pick for the Woody tampering comments but then lose their own #31 or #32 pick due to this scandal.  They'd be "punished" by the NFL for cheating and still manage to move up 25-26 spots in the draft.

Archived