F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

I think even if you combine the biggest blunders in professional sports, what happened here is greater than all of them combined. In one decision, Seattle goes from repeat champs, set up for a possible dynasty, to nothing special. Peter Carrol goes from guaranteed Hall of Famer, to just a great coach who *might* get in the HOF depending on what else he does. Russell Wilson goes from conversation of best QB of his generation to choker. So much turned on that one awful, horrendous playcall. 

i agree with all of this, Seattle won't recover from this …this can destroy a franchise….as a poster said above, the worst play call in sports history, an all time blunder that will destroy  careers.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a good month for you, Shane. You've been backing an Idzik/Bevell ticket for a couple of years now.

Look how epic this would have been.

The Jets focus on Bevell and let Bowels go to Atlanta.  Before the SB it is announced that Bevell will be the new HC of the Jets.  Then this play call happens.

Just imagine what the Jets-Bevell press conference would've been like next week!

The funny thing about Bevelling it is that it completely freed me of any anger or disappointment in the Pats winning again.

After that play I felt, "The Patriots deserved to win."  If any opposing coach pulled that sh*t, the other team deserves to win.

Like EY said, a 12 yr old with Madden wins the game.

40 seconds left, run the ball twice, call a T.O. and then throw it.  They didn't stop Lynch for a loss the entire game.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000

Look at it this way: it means is there's now a 4th Patriots superbowl with a * attached to it.

Real talk, Todd Bowles needs to seriously end this f'ing reign, like 15 minutes ago. That play was just the epitome of an epic fail by Bevell. Total facepalm move.  That dude has to be sick as a dog in that stadium right now 

I think even if you combine the biggest blunders in professional sports, what happened here is greater than all of them combined. In one decision, Seattle goes from repeat champs, set up for a possible dynasty, to nothing special. Peter Carrol goes from guaranteed Hall of Famer, to just a great coach who *might* get in the HOF depending on what else he does. Russell Wilson goes from conversation of best QB of his generation to choker. So much turned on that one awful, horrendous playcall. 

It's just unfathomable for anyone that has watched this game for even a few years...that they threw that ball...

I mean for every reason...:40 2nd and goal on the 2...and you want to keep the hands out of Brady's hands...

You have to believe you'll score heck, BB thought they would score - hence the no TO...to throw the ball there goes against all sense of logic - even if they complete it - it's a terrible call...run 3 QB sneaks or just beast most straight up the middle three times....you're getting your 7...

I still just can't believe that call, as much as I sit here trying to wrap my head around it.

IF, and that's a big IF, you're going to throw the ball, it has to be a bootleg or some kind of misdirection like that to at least give Wilson the run/throw option.

I just don't see how you don't just run the ball three times from inside the 1.  With Marshawn Lynch, I take my chances running it three times with one of, if not THE, best backs in the game.  If I don't get it by doing that, then that's fine.  But doing what they did was not only stupid, it absolutely should lead to Bevell's unemployment.

LOL I'm not even that mad. It was that bad. 

EXACTLY!

It freed me of any anger at the Pats winning again.

It was that bad of a call.  There's inexcusable.  And then there's, "You should hand in your resignation and seek counseling if you consider calling that play."  This was the latter.

Jet fans, we should be thankful for at least one thing, The buttfumble has been replaced as the most outrageous, embarrassing, and unexplainable thing to happen on a football field this century. Seattle will never live this down. 

If this had happened to us, I might have developed PTSD. 

Quite possibly the stupidest play call in history. Fokking Pete fokking Carroll just hand the scumbag Pats a fokking superbowl. I cant believe what i just saw.

This post  I believe captures everyone's feelings right now. I feel bad for Wilson. This maybe too tough for him to overcome.

( He will be saying " I should have audibled out of the play or called time out. He is supposedly bright enough.)

The same as yesterday and this morning? How about the DC you all wanted who lets Brady play soft-toss with Rob Gronkowski vs a linebacker in the second half?

After this game I'm completely confident we made the right choice between Bowles and him. Absolutely no adjustments made the entire game by him. Bevell is still a moron but Quinn looked pretty bad tonight too.

Archived