2015 Patriots. The tainted SB winning team.

JetsFanInDenver

They are tainted winners of the Super Bowl. Can they ever be called the Champions ?

Will they ever gain the deserved respect in the eye's of the fans or will they carry the asterisk forever.

There win did demean the game of Super Bowl. At the end of the day all the other owner's are going to sleep uneasy wondering if this win chipped away some value of the NFL and their franchises by extension. This maybe the day that the NFL might come to regret down the road.

Here's how the BBC reported the story :

The New England Patriots overcame the 'deflate-gate' row to beat the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 in the Super Bowl.

The Patriots are being investigated over allegations they under-inflated balls in beating the Indianapolis Colts to reach the showpiece event.

But, despite trailing 24-14, they rallied to become the first team in Super Bowl history to trail by double digits in the second half and win.

The Patriots took the lead with two minutes left and held on for victory.

That's the image of the game that is presented to us foreign types. 

tuck rule and spying for the first 3

now getting away with blatant cheating for the 4th title

i hate the NFL now

Stop watching.

Stop pontificating on how much you hate the NFL.  Stop buying, watching or supporting their product.

Stop watching.

Stop pontificating on how much you hate the NFL.  Stop buying, watching or supporting their product.

Agreed, which is why I didn't bother even watching one single second of that game last night-I boycotted the game because I hate what has happened to the game that I once loved and is being systematically ruined by a commissioner who is in collusion with a dishonest owner, coach and QB, while other teams are penalized the Patriots continue to go on their merry way cheating, lying, and dishonoring a once great tradition. I hate what has become of the game I once loved. I will never feel the same about the game I am sure. on edit, I just want to say, how I feel about the Pats and Goodell has nothing to do nor does it reflect negatively on friends that I have here and in real life who are Pats fans.

Agreed, which is why I didn't bother even watching one single second of that game last night-I boycotted the game because I hate what has happened to the game that I once loved and is being systematically ruined by a commissioner who is in collusion with a dishonest owner, coach and QB, while other teams are penalized the Patriots continue to go on their merry way cheating, lying, and dishonoring a once great tradition. I hate what has become of the game I once loved. I will never feel the same about the game I am sure. on edit, I just want to say, how I feel about the Pats and Goodell has nothing to do nor does it reflect negatively on friends that I have here and in real life who are Pats fans.

If anything the game is morphing into Arena league style football.  I think it's due to the concussions so it's understandable that the rules changed but I still think it's an inferior product these days. 

If anything the game is morphing into Arena league style football.  I think it's due to the concussions so it's understandable that the rules changed but I still think it's an inferior product these days. 

it has nothing to do with any of that for me TT2, I hate that there are one set of rules for one team which favors the commissioner's buddies and then there are the rules that the rest of the league must adhere to

Of course it was tainted, which is why I wasn't all that upset about the Pats winning last night.  

Pretty much everything the NFL does right now is tainted and it will continue to be so until the 31 NFL owners outside of New England wise up and do what they all know they should have done back in September and fire that sanctimonious idiot of a commissioner.

Kudos to you SoFla.  Not everyone has your resolve.

ESPN had a whole thing on this yesterday.  It won't be a legacy because SpyGate and DeflateGate will always be in people's minds.  Even if Deflategate is proven untrue (Goodell will cover everything up like he destroyed the Spygate evidence) we will still always remember Spygate and not have the respect we have for Landry, Lombardi, etc. etc.

I compare this to my feelings towards the accomplishments of McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds.

I watch, but it is getting more like watching wrestling.

Archived