What is Paul Allen waiting for?

DoubleU

Darrell Bevell must be fired. That's the only way the Seahawks begin to recover from that horrific play call.

If, not, DB will forever be known as the offensive coordinator making the worst call in Super Bowl history and the scrutiny will be suffocating to the entire organization.

If, not, DB will forever be known as the offensive coordinator making the worst call in Super Bowl history and the scrutiny will be suffocating to the entire organization.

...and then he will die, POOR AND ALONE, WITH NOBODY GOING TO HIS FUNERAL EXCEPT HIS KIDS WHO OBVIOUSLY SHUNNED HIM BECAUSE OF THAT CALL, BUT THEY WILL ONLY BE THERE TO SPIT ON HIS GRAVE. AND THEN THE SUN WILL EVENTUALLY KILL US ALL.

...and then he will die, POOR AND ALONE, WITH NOBODY GOING TO HIS FUNERAL EXCEPT HIS KIDS WHO OBVIOUSLY SHUNNED HIM BECAUSE OF THAT CALL, BUT THEY WILL ONLY BE THERE TO SPIT ON HIS GRAVE. AND THEN THE SUN WILL EVENTUALLY KILL US ALL.

Please.. Bevell is a hero in New England now, right up there with  Brady, Ortiz and Bird. His funeral will be attended by 1000's

I wanted MM tar and feathered after his throwing ball in endzone at end of 1st half vs GB Week2. We had that game, kill clock at end of 1st half, add to our lead w/FG and keep momentum. Instead we dont kill clock and GB gets ball back, drives 98 yards to a TD and momentum right before halftime GONZOOOOOOO

I wanted MM tar and feathered after his throwing ball in endzone at end of 1st half vs GB Week2. We had that game, kill clock at end of 1st half, add to our lead w/FG and keep momentum. Instead we dont kill clock and GB gets ball back, drives 98 yards to a TD and momentum right before halftime GONZOOOOOOO

That's the moment I knew it was going to be another long year.

Darrell Bevell must be fired. That's the only way the Seahawks begin to recover from that horrific play call.

Why stop there?  Cut Wilson too, right?

but pete carroll took responsibility for the call

lots of blame to go around

wilson was supposed to throw it away if it's not really really open and lockette didn't seem to really put a SB winning effort into the play

and butler just made a great play

Yeah but if you run the ball all of those possibilities are off the table...

Heck even if you throw the ball on a fade or a bootleg you're fine...

Yeah but if you run the ball all of those possibilities are off the table...

Heck even if you throw the ball on a fade or a bootleg you're fine...

If they ran pretty much anything else, they would have been fine.  Nothing good comes from calling  a screen pass at the goal line.

For all those wanting to lay blame at the feet of Russell Wilson and Lockette, I think it all comes down to what a football coach I have a good deal of respect for told me several years ago.  His philosophy, and I think this applies to most coaches, is that the two main jobs of a football coach are to first put your players in the best situation to help them win the football game, and second, the coach should never be the reason that the team lost the football game.  Bevell failed in both those respects last night and, for that, I think he loses any moral high ground from which to throw Lockette under the bus in the manner in which he has.

Who do you think has it worse, Bevell or Steve Bartman, the Cubs fan who took a catch away from Moises Alou, thus helping the Cubs lose the NLCS that year?

Not even close. Bevell cost them the game. Bartman didn't prevent Prior from getting the batter out on next pitch. Plus, that was in the 8th inning of game 6. Cubs had chance the next night.

Archived