Winston bandwagon

SonnyJet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All season you guys were riding the Mariota bandwagon. You guys finally realize he is a gimmick quarterback because McShay says so? lol

Personally, I thought he was great based on what McShay was saying and then I watched both of them play.  

If given a choice of Winston and Mariota, i think I would choose Mariota. It would be a tough decision, but I like what I've seen from Marcus. He has all the tools to be a franchise Qb, and is a great kid. For the Jets' sake I hope the 5 teams in front of them disagree with me

I am still on the record against Winston. Successful QBs almost never have character concerns coming into the draft. Favre had to get traded ourt of Atlanta before he found success. Marino's character flaws turned out to be false. There are however countless Marinoviches, Leafs, Schlichters, Cade McNowns, etc...

Is there a chance for Winston? Absolutely. Odds are low. Despite the gap in "pro-caliber talent," Mariota is a better bet.

What about a 2nd year Marriotta over a 4th year Geno? Or do you think they are not going to play football after next year. 

Mariota in this year's draft is the equivalent to last year's Johnny Manziel... guy's gonna get mauled in the NFL 

Geno is gonna roll with the punches

All season you guys were riding the Mariota bandwagon. You guys finally realize he is a gimmick quarterback because McShay says so? lol

Youdathunk Mariota pooped gold the way most this sites posters were squirting over him this past season. People were desperate to tank for this clown bc they saw a couple sports center highlights. Next Aaron Rodgers lol

Winston is absolutely the better pro prospect. I hope he or Cooper falls to us but doubt it. Scherff is the next best value at 6

I haven't totally given up on Geno.  Statistically he made strides in his 2nd year.  Geno had no business starting in his rookie year, but we had no choice once Rex inserted Sanchez into a meaningless preseason game in the 4th quarter behind a 3rd string oline. I would bring in a vet QB to compete (legitimately) with Geno for the starting job.

Winston will be in some sort of criminal matter in 3 years.

Ever know or went to school with a guy who, yeah you were friends, but you knew he was a bad guy? Made up stories to not hang out? I have. That's Winston.

I'm taking the under on that 3 year line.

You should have been here the year before, everyone was riding a sybian.

People like to nitpick college qbs bc they think it makes them sound smart. Winston was literally perfect his first year in Florida with Benjamin. He had a toughe time last yr without an all-world player like Benjamin to throw big still looked good.

How many big games did Peyton Manning choke in college? I remember people hating on Manning and loving Ryan Leaf. Even Brady got benched at Michigan.

I haven't totally given up on Geno.  Statistically he made strides in his 2nd year.  Geno had no business starting in his rookie year, but we had no choice once Rex inserted Sanchez into a meaningless preseason game in the 4th quarter behind a 3rd string oline. I would bring in a vet QB to compete (legitimately) with Geno for the starting job.

Personally I am sick of this "logic".  Because when a veteran is there the argument morphs into "we know xxx is not going to be our future so we have to stick with Geno no matter how badly he is playing because we want to find out what we have..."

Well sorry but we found that out already. 

People like to nitpick college qbs bc they think it makes them sound smart. Winston was literally perfect his first year in Florida with Benjamin. He had a toughe time last yr without an all-world player like Benjamin to throw big still looked good.

How many big games did Peyton Manning choke in college? I remember people hating on Manning and loving Ryan Leaf. Even Brady got benched at Michigan.

0413722A-9A34-478C-A174-00CA4181BD32.jpg

I am still on the record against Winston. Successful QBs almost never have character concerns coming into the draft. Favre had to get traded ourt of Atlanta before he found success. Marino's character flaws turned out to be false. There are however countless Marinoviches, Leafs, Schlichters, Cade McNowns, etc...

Is there a chance for Winston? Absolutely. Odds are low. Despite the gap in "pro-caliber talent," Mariota is a better bet.

So Mariota is the better bet because he's a nice kid, even though you admit his game doesn't translate well to the pros? Winston is the better QB, and will be a better QB than Mariota.

Personally I am sick of this "logic".  Because when a veteran is there the argument morphs into "we know xxx is not going to be our future so we have to stick with Geno no matter how badly he is playing because we want to find out what we have..."

Well sorry but we found that out already. 

No, start which ever QB is better. Geno in his 3rd year has to stand on his performance not further potential.

Archived