It is Possible that Both Cooper and White will be GONE before we Pick!

JetBlue

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White isn't the best WR because he ran a 4.35 40. Stephen Hill says hi. If Mariota is there it's a Big Win, both Cleveland and Phiily will sell the house to get him.

Have you seen this guy play at all?  Based on your post I would have to assume no to make such a silly comparison.  So everyone who runs 4.35 is now compared to Stephen Hill?  Seriously?  If we take MM and trade down I have no problem with that but please don't do it because you think White is Stephen ******* Hill; that is just stupid. 

I don't necessarily agree that he is, but they are all first round prospects and Strong really is no joke.  You might want to check him out a little, if you havn't already done so.  This guy plays like a faster Anquan Boldin.  

I've watched a lot of ASU games and if there's one WR who would scare me in the first round it's Strong. At best I think he'll be a very competent #2. I think he's going to have a hard time separating in the NFL. Jmo. Regardless, to say he's better than Cooper and White is crazy imo. 

I was probably the most vocal supporter of Winston over Mariota on the board the last season or so, but if Mariota is there, you don't pass him. With how our team is constructed, he's going to be the best QB we have a shot at acquiring in the next few years. We're most likely not going to be a basement dweller with the new regime and this means we'll have zero shot at Cook next season and there's really not much to like unless someone surfaces.  I'd love the next Tory Holt or Larry Fitzgerald as well, but if we keep trotting out the Geno Smiths and Matt Moores of the world, we'll basically be the Cardinals: no quarterback, no rings, a really expensive receiver. 

White doesn't play in a run based offense like Hill did

My point is that just because White ran a 4.35 doesn't mean he's the best WR. I know he's not Stephen Hill, but people are to hung up on this 40 times. There a a lot of good receivers in this draft. If we miss on White no problem.

My point is that just because White ran a 4.35 doesn't mean he's the best WR. I know he's not Stephen Hill, but people are to hung up on this 40 times. There a a lot of good receivers in this draft. If we miss on White no problem.

It's not just his 40 time, it's pretty much every single athletic evaluative event at the combine, most importantly the explosion ones: broad jump and vertical. White is an elite athlete, which shows at how often he wins contested matchups in the air, which is something Cooper doesn't do as well. Again, they're both awesome prospects, but just like last year when many liked Landry over Beckham, some of these combine help separate the elite athletes from the very good ones.

Winston will be good. Mariota has a lot of potential to be good, and I personally wouldn't bet against him. Hell, if Kaepernick can make it in this league, I'm pretty sure Mariota can to.

Unless you think he's pretty certain to be a bust- then you absolutely have to take Mariotta.  We have to keep taking QB's until we find one.  There are very few lock QB prospects.  He certainly has all of the tools and the right attitude to be a franchise NFL QB. 

We have a tremendous amount of cap space to fill many of the holes we have...All the WR's in the world are only as good as the QB's throwing to them.

ok so "worst case" both QBs and both WR are gone that leaves Leonard Williams also probably gone, Jets get their pick of best pass rusher. Gregory, Fowler, Ray, Beasley etc. 

With pace being a million years old and COples being a DT, OLB is a massive gaping hole on the depth chart. 

It's not just his 40 time, it's pretty much every single athletic evaluative event at the combine, most importantly the explosion ones: broad jump and vertical. White is an elite athlete, which shows at how often he wins contested matchups in the air, which is something Cooper doesn't do as well. Again, they're both awesome prospects, but just like last year when many liked Landry over Beckham, some of these combine help separate the elite athletes from the very good ones.

Very good post.  For me, even putting the combine numbers aside.  He has incredibly strong, quick, hands and finds a way to come down with the ball.  In the NFL guys are rarely wide open - it's the guys that can catch the ball even though they're covered that become stars.

I would take Mariotta/Winston over White - but that's it.  He would be #3 on my board.

Take the QB.

DAMN RIGHT!

No lose situation. You either take him or Eagles & Browns are calling on the bat phone.

This is the best thing that could happen to the Jets.

Mariota has skills, might not help us right now but people would have been ecstatic with this result 5 months ago.

But now that players have been peeled apart like onions they all suck, lol.

DAMN RIGHT!

No lose situation. You either take him or Eagles & Browns are calling on the bat phone.

This is the best thing that could happen to the Jets.

Mariota has skills, might not help us right now but people would have been ecstatic with this result 5 months ago.

But now that players have been peeled apart like onions they all suck, lol.

The lose in that situation is we actually get stuck with mariota and get nothing at the WR position. Again

Archived