Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

I guess now we have to focus on getting Cromartie back very early in the process and then turn attention towards one of the other CBs left on the market, like Culliver.  Hopefully with the money they will be saving by getting Cro and another second-tier CB from this FA class, they can afford to go hard after McCourty.

From my observations, I don't think the Jets have any interest in McCourty.  The only FS the jets have shown interest in is that Parker dude.  Surprised I haven't even heard them looking at Rahim Moore either.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my observations, I don't think the Jets have any interest in McCourty.  The only FS the jets have shown interest in is that Parker dude.  Surprised I haven't even heard them looking at Rahim Moore either.

don't put any weight on internet rumors.  the jets have been in touch with dozens of guys I'm sure.   

Very annoyed by this. Miss out on Jackson and Maxwell, miss out on McCourty, at this rate it's looking like Hoyer,Spiller, Parker, and Revis. I'm pissed man.

Very annoyed by this. Miss out on Jackson and Maxwell, miss out on McCourty, at this rate it's looking like Hoyer,Spiller, Parker, and Revis. I'm pissed man.

cro and skriner still out there.  are you really pissed ?  nothing official until tuesday.  

J

Problem is that the dudes that we are going to go after will now want more because of the market. So it's either overpay a Maxwell with 12 or overpay a guy like Culiver (who I like) at 8 or 9.

I don't see that as a problem. 

We have an entire secondary to build. I have little faith in Pryor at this point, and can't think of a single guy currently on the roster who I would pencil into a role. So, if paying in the range of 7-8 million for guys like Culliver, Skrine and other similar players allows us to also have the money we need for up-and-comer deals with guys like Ron Parker, that's a good thing.

We are very far from being 1-2 players away. I'll say it again, we need to rebuild our entire secondary. Rex, Tanny and Idzik left the cupboard completely bare.

WHY?

Spiller is a meh signing, he's not really gonna significantly improve our running game, I'd just rather have McCourty than a poor mans McCourty for only like 2-3 million less. Revis is 30 age catches everyone and he's gonna want like 14mil+ and we're welcoming him back with open arms after he helped win the Pats win a SB screw him, and screw Woody for leaning on Mac to sign him.

Spiller is a meh signing, he's not really gonna significantly improve our running game, I'd just rather have McCourty than a poor mans McCourty for only like 2-3 million less. Revis is 30 age catches everyone and he's gonna want like 14mil+ and we're welcoming him back with open arms after he helped win the Pats win a SB screw him, and screw Woody for leaning on Mac to sign him.

are you from the future ?

Just because a QB completes a pass doesn't mean the play was successful.   Matt Simms is a horrible QB . I saw him at Tennessee and I saw him with the Jets in preseason and in the snap he took in the regular season. He's the equivalent  of a 7 foot basketball player who can't play. He has a great arm so folks think he has a chance.  

ok. you win

cro and skriner still out there.  are you really pissed ?  nothing official until tuesday.  

I don't know much about Skriner except he's short. Yea I get nothing is official until tuesday but I feel like we're gonna miss out on some real difference makers (McCourty) just to sign Revis to a stupid contract, while the Dolphins sign Suh, the Bills get McCoy. 

I like where your head's at. I too always found pettiness to be the foundation of a good front office.

I don't know much about Skriner except he's short. Yea I get nothing is official until tuesday but I feel like we're gonna miss out on some real difference makers (McCourty) just to sign Revis to a stupid contract, while the Dolphins sign Suh, the Bills get McCoy. 

and the jets got marshall !

lol

I am worried about woody and revis as well.  I hope graves and macc can tell woody if revis doesn't agree to the first offer they need to move on

he will try, and that is my big fear this week.  woody makes macc hang in there and 5 other DB's go by the boards and then revis stays in NE

I hope macc and graves don't get schooled like that

Free agency hasn't even begun, and we're going down this path already? Come on.

Look at all teh buzz we're hearing about... the Eagles, Dolphins and maybe 2-3 other teams have leaks. No Jets news is an okay thing right now, it means business is being handled and the media has no insight into it. It doesn't mean that "zomg mac isn't doing anything". 

I don't know how some fans year after year can't get past the "if I don't hear anything, then nothing is happening" formula.

what is the timing with revis ? is he UFA with everybody else or do the past* have to release him ?

Although he’s not technically a free agent yet, cornerback Darrelle Revis may hit the open market very soon if he can’t work out a new deal with the Patriots. As has been expected all along, Revis’ choice appears to be coming down to the Pats and Jets, according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter). If New England can’t reach a long-term deal with Revis before Tuesday, and isn’t interested in picking up his 2015 option, the team will have to cut him, opening the door for the star corner to work out a deal that sends him back to New York.

I like where your head's at. I too always found pettiness to be the foundation of a good front office.

Not being petty, if you read my entire post or even just the sentence before what you commented on, you would see that I really don't want Revis because he's older and is going to cost a fortune. Patriots are only considering bringing him back because Brady's window is closing and Revis is a player that can put them over the top again, like last year. The Jets sign Revis you still got a lot of question marks on both sides of the ball

Although he’s not technically a free agent yet, cornerback Darrelle Revis may hit the open market very soon if he can’t work out a new deal with the Patriots. As has been expected all along, Revis’ choice appears to be coming down to the Pats and Jets, according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter). If New England can’t reach a long-term deal with Revis before Tuesday, and isn’t interested in picking up his 2015 option, the team will have to cut him, opening the door for the star corner to work out a deal that sends him back to New York.

so they have to cut him when the league year begins or pick up the $20mm option completely ?

I'm just wondering if they have until a later date like the jets do with harvin

So CB market now down to Revis, Skrine, Cary Williams, Cro, Culliver & House essentially

Still plenty of options. I'm not panicked at all. Flowers was a zone coverage cb, not something we are looking for and also reason we didn't pursue him last year as well. Maxwell I still think only gets paid top dollar due to being in LOB. He is only a 1yr hit so far. Jackson was the only bummer for me so far. But plenty of value still out there.

Archived