Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free agency hasn't even begun, and we're going down this path already? Come on.

Look at all teh buzz we're hearing about... the Eagles, Dolphins and maybe 2-3 other teams have leaks. No Jets news is an okay thing right now, it means business is being handled and the media has no insight into it. It doesn't mean that "zomg mac isn't doing anything". 

I don't know how some fans year after year can't get past the "if I don't hear anything, then nothing is happening" formula.

You can blame Idzik for this honestly.  We had 2 yrs of saying exactly that and then nothing did or was happening.  So I can honestly see where some people might be concerned.  I'm sitting back and relaxing though since I feel the org is in good hands and good things will get done.

Then we can continue our fun here complaining, lambasting or praising each and every microscopic move once they are public! :)

and the jets got marshall !

lol

I am worried about woody and revis as well.  I hope graves and macc can tell woody if revis doesn't agree to the first offer they need to move on

I loved the Marshall deal, but Revis is really looking like the only option as far as corners go, I just don't want to see the Jets sign him to a ridiculous contract 

But you have no reason to think that. We're not even at official signing time yet.

Well as of right now it's not looking particularly good, not gonna be a complete negative nancy but it bums me out we didn't get Jackson and it's looking like Maxwell is going to the Eagles. With McCoy and Suh most likely being in the AFC East next year.

Why are people saying Woody is pushing Macc to sign Revis?   In spite of what he said, I don't think Woody wants Revis back at all.  Doesn't want to deal with his agents every 2 years on a 5 year deal

speaking for myself, paranoia and painful first hand experience, lol

I think watching hard knocks where woody was looking at news clippings with tanny and remarking "we sure are in the news a lot" or something like that was very revealing.  He is media conscious.  

I think he was behind favre and tebow.  Revis is a huge name and fills a need.  

I loved the Marshall deal, but Revis is really looking like the only option as far as corners go, I just don't want to see the Jets sign him to a ridiculous contract 

just not true.  I know idzik scarred us all, but check this out

Cornerbacks

3. Tramon Williams

4. Antonio Cromartie

5. Buster Skrine

7. Davon House

9. Jimmy Wilson

10. Patrick Robinson

11. Chris Culliver

Yahoo's Rand Getlin reports the Eagles have an offer on the table for free agent Frank Gore that includes $7 million in guarantees.
Per Getlin, the deal would average more than $5 million annually. It's possible all $7 million of the guaranteed money would be on the books for 2015. Gore remained highly productive in 2014, but it would be a princely sum for a 32-year-old back (in May) who has racked up massive workloads for over a decade. Mar 8 - 3:41 PM

Chip Kelly just don't give a ****, he's going to consolidate 3yrs of rebuilding into the 3 day window before FA even starts LOL

I am 90% convinced the Jets are signing Cromartie. Haven't heard any other team interested in him and haven't heard of him visiting any other teams.

I think it's known that the Jets are signing him

Can't visit anyone till Tuesday.

They can discuss contracts, and reach hand shake agreements with agents, but can't sign, or interview player 

I am 90% convinced the Jets are signing Cromartie. Haven't heard any other team interested in him and haven't heard of him visiting any other teams.

I think it's known that the Jets are signing him

When asked about teammate Antonio Cromartie's free agency, Patrick Peterson said "all he talks about is freaking New York."
Cromartie hasn't been subtle about his desire to return to New York, saying "my house is there, so it's attractive." The soon-to-be 31-year-old played some of the best football of his career with the Jets from 2009 to 2013. Now that former Cardinals DC Todd Bowles is the head coach, a reunion makes sense. At this point, it would be a mild upset if Cromartie ended up with any team other than the Jets. Feb 9 - 3:04 PM
Source: ESPN.com

@MMehtaNYDN:

Source: Jets, looking to improve o-line, have inquired about Cowboys right tackle Jermey Parnell 
#nyj

I know its Mehta, so take with a grain of salt but that gets me excited if true!

Free agent RT Jermey Parnell has drawn interest from the Jets.
Parnell's market has been developing the past couple days, with the Jets joining the Redskins, Bucs, Jaguars, and Titans having been linked to the 29-year-old. Parnell has never been a full-time starter in the league, as he has just seven starts under his belt since 2009. But he's going to be paid like one. Mar 8 - 1:26 PM

oy, lol

ame="JETSfaninNE" post="2707657" timestamp="1425846682"]

@MMehtaNYDN:

I read that the guy is 29 and has only 7 starts since entering the league in 2009.

You are easily excitable, lol.

He was a top 20 Tackle last year for the 1st 10 games before getting injured.  I'm guessing he does have an injury history.  But if anything else this is good depth and a possible starter depending on how camp goes if we get him.

Very annoyed by this. Miss out on Jackson and Maxwell, miss out on McCourty, at this rate it's looking like Hoyer,Spiller, Parker, and Revis. I'm pissed man.

Jackson is not worth the contract the Texans gave him.  And Maxwell's contract is a joke.

McCourty would be a nice signing, so would Parker.

Too many fans are getting stuck on "names" because of their FA rankings, let the new Jets' regime evaluate these players.  Just because the Jets have cap room and can be major players this year doesn't mean we should want them to spend like drunken sailors and overpay for talent that isn't worthy of the contract.

The Marshall trade was brilliance, I think too many are making a big deal of the Harris re-signing and underrate his value.

There are a lot of players out there on the market and some not yet on the market.  Tuesday is a big day because that's when teams will be releasing players they were trying re-negotiate with. 

He was a top 20 Tackle last year for the 1st 10 games before getting injured.  I'm guessing he does have a injury history.  But if anything else this is good depth and a possible starter depending on how camp goes if we get him.

But, he only started five games last year, lol.

I'd be fine with it, as long as he isn't "getting paid like a starter".

Archived