Jets file tampering charges against the Patriots

Matt39

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking this before I read this tweet.  If  Woody saying he'd love Revis back is the basis around the Pats tamper charge, how isn't kraft saying he wished Revis  was still a Patriot not the same thing?

I was thinking this before I read this tweet.  If  Woody saying he'd love Revis back is the basis around the Pats tamper charge, how isn't kraft saying he wished Revis  was still a Patriot not the same thing?

IT IS THE SAME DAMN THING! Which is why it was such petty bullsh-t

Because Roger Goodell gets his knob polished by Kraft weekly. And we all know how Rog likes a nicely polished knob.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini 1m1 minute ago

I think Jets' charge vs. NE is a statement designed to highlight what they feel is a silly charge filed by NE re: Woody's Revis comment.

That is exactly what it is.  Show the league how silly this is.  

Pats can argue that it affected negotiations, etc, but here is the kicker - the pats didn't have to cut him, they chose to cut him.  So... enough with this.   What takes this league so long to rule one way or the other on this silly thing.

Here are Kraft's full comments btw.   They are not nearly as bad as woody's but if you take the letter of the law, then one is talking about a player under contract with another team.

The Jets have reportedly filed for tampering charges against the Patriots for comments made by owner Robert Kraft about cornerback Darrelle Revis, according to Pro Football Talk.

"I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots," Kraft said Monday, via Tom Curran of CSN New England. "We wanted to keep him, we wanted him in our system. We have certain disciplines and we had hoped it would work out. It didn't. We just don't think about the short-term decisions. For example, next year we have three very good young defensive players coming up [for contracts] and we have to factor that we just don't look at this year, we look out at the next few years. We've done okay doing that."

Rules state any public or private statement of interest is prohibited by another club's player to that player's agent or representative, or to a news member of the news media.

"[The Jets] are the team that drafted him," Kraft continued. "I think he feels a great commitment there, so we understand his going back and we're sorry he didn't stay with us."

Still waiting on the league to do something about them getting caught cheating for a second time.

Okay lets relax a bit, this is the Jets highlighting the Patriots pettiness, but Kraft didn't break a rule and certainly didn't cheat with his comments yesterday.

Here are Kraft's full comments btw.   They are not nearly as bad as woody's but if you take the letter of the law, then one is talking about a player under contract with another team.

The Jets have reportedly filed for tampering charges against the Patriots for comments made by owner Robert Kraft about cornerback Darrelle Revis, according to Pro Football Talk.

"I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots," Kraft said Monday, via Tom Curran of CSN New England. "We wanted to keep him, we wanted him in our system. We have certain disciplines and we had hoped it would work out. It didn't. We just don't think about the short-term decisions. For example, next year we have three very good young defensive players coming up [for contracts] and we have to factor that we just don't look at this year, we look out at the next few years. We've done okay doing that."

Rules state any public or private statement of interest is prohibited by another club's player to that player's agent or representative, or to a news member of the news media.

"[The Jets] are the team that drafted him," Kraft continued. "I think he feels a great commitment there, so we understand his going back and we're sorry he didn't stay with us."

This isn't the first time Kraft has done this...

Back on March 16th, he did the same...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/robert-kraft-jokes-patriots-were-close-to-darrelle-revis-with-less/

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1m1 minute ago

I think Jets' charge vs. NE is a statement designed to highlight what they feel is a silly charge filed by NE re: Woody's Revis comment.

That is exactly what it is. Show the league how silly this is.

Pats can argue that it affected negotiations, etc, but here is the kicker - the pats didn't have to cut him, they chose to cut him. So... enough with this. What takes this league so long to rule one way or the other on this silly thing.

Especially when Kraft's response on NESN admitted that Bill Belichick is the one who let Revis go.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick was the one who filed the originsl grievance, over Kraft's head.

Archived