Jets being contacted for Wilkerson

prime21

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when everyone, including myself was surprised that we drafted Sheldon Richardson given "all the talent" we already had on the line. Now people are acting like trading Wilkerson would be "creating a hole".

lol.

So who takes his spot?

What do you think Villain.   Wilkerson for Glennon and the Bucs 2nd and 3rd?

:)

The Bucs wont give up that much. Wilkerson is worth a 1st rounder (break even). The Bucs could believe that Glennon is worth a 3rd rounder (break even as well). Well, If the Jets package Wilkerson along with a 4th rounder for Glennon and a 2nd then it will be a fair trade. Yes, the Bucs would get Wilkerson with a high 2nd rounder, but in return the Jet would get Glennon for a high 4th rounder. 

I strongly believed that Wilkerson was available for trade given the amount of talent on the d-line, Coples option being picked up, no contract extension and the fact that this QB class sucks. 

If this goes down I literally called it over a month ago. 

So who takes his spot?

Quinton Coples. The Jets just picked up his option. Dude is almost a mirror image of Calais Campbell from Arizona in regards to weight and size. Not to mention that he's been labeled as the best pass rusher on the team by his own teammates. We need to stop avoiding it and put the guy back where he belongs which is on the d-line. 

There is no way San Diego or the Saints will trade their franchise QB's for Mo. If we trade MO it will be because they are trying to get MM. I could see the Browns giving up their 12th for MO as TomShane said. I couldnt imagine us trading MO for an unproven rookie.

Quinton Coples. The Jets just picked up his option. Dude is almost a mirror image of Calais Campbell from Arizona in regards to weight and size. Not to mention that he's been labeled as the best pass rusher on the team by his own teammates. We need to stop avoiding it and put the guy back where he belongs which is on the d-line.

Let's hope he stays healthy.

The only way we let a guy like Mo go would be for a franchise QB that could get us in competition against Brady, and Rothlisberger, maybe a Philip Rivers or Russel Wilson perhaps? 

Am I the only one who doesn;t like Phillip Rivers - I think he has all the talent in the world but is chronically prone to brain farts.

Let's hope he stays healthy.

Nah Coples is not in the same league as Campbell (who BTW I desperately wanted the Jets to draft)  Campbell is 6'8" 290, he's way stronger than Coples, tho prolly not as fluid.

Kaep ain't that good.  The league has pretty much figured him out.  The other guys are getting long in the tooth.  Brees gets about 25 mil a year or something like that?  I would proceed cautiously.

More concerning with Brees is the longevity. Rivers is a few years younger than Brees, though he'll definitely cost more as well.

Brees is due a good amount less than $25M per season on his current deal ($18.75M then $19.75M). Rivers, however, will need a new deal and that probably will be a good $25M per.  Thing is, in today's game each is worth it.

Bears are switching to a 3-4 and you can be pretty sure that Pettine would give you #12 for Wilk. In two years, do you want to be paying 30 mil per to two DEs?

I'm willing to bet the Browns are one of the callers.   #12  probably isn't on the table yet, but will be.  Interesting to see how they react to that. 

Nah Coples is not in the same league as Campbell (who BTW I desperately wanted the Jets to draft)  Campbell is 6'8" 290, he's way stronger than Coples, tho prolly not as fluid.

He's probably stronger, but that doesnt make Coples weak. And Coples has his own particular skillset that could be utilized And Coples is 6'6 290lbs, which my comparison was specifically about height and weight given that your new Head Coach likes huge defensive ends that can move. 

Mo Wilkerson is 6'4 315lbs. 

Anything other than a QB or 1 and a 2 wouldn't be worth it. I don't think Mo is worth Watts $ but we should. Be able to meet somewhere in the middle. This team needs talent, not more useless bodies or more gambles. Now if I'm Mo and been busting my ass and watched the team give up a boatload of $ to free agents. I wouldn't show up for volunteer workouts either. Let's just pay the man and be done with it.

I'm willing to bet the Browns are one of the callers. #12 probably isn't on the table yet, but will be. Interesting to see how they react to that.

If the Eagles are serious about coming up for Mariota, I think the Jets will have a chance to be the beneficiary there. And if they do deal Mo, there's a realistic shot that the Jets come away with two (or three) firsts this year, an extra first next year, and a couple second rounders thrown in besides.

None of this will happen until the draft hits. 

Im hoping that leonard Williams falls to us so we can trade back with the browns for their 2 1st rounders. 

I'll be stunned if Williams falls to 6.  He might be the best player in this draft

Mo is great but if you can get two #'1s for him you gotta do it - need to think of cap space....If we could get Clevelands two #1s do it and draft Dupree, Perriman and Peat...Id be happy.  We already have 2 DEs in Coples and Richardson...I think Richardson can be better than Wilkerson...no need to tie up that much cap space in one position...already have too much invest in CB - but thats probably for this year only - I would think Cro is 1 and done and then hopefully Milliner or McDougle is ready for a starting gig in 2016.  A franchise QB is not an option this year - neither Mariota nor Winston are locks, pick up Petty in the 3rd Rnd and a RB in the 2nd.  

in what world would Mo get us two #1 picks?

I'll be stunned if Williams falls to 6.  He might be the best player in this draft

Could be. But you know that the draft never ends up the way the Mocks do. 

If Mac can trade back, pick up our Tackles, in the first, trade with the Bucs and get Glennon and get our pass rusher with their 2nd rounder, get our RB with our 2nd rounder and pick up our WR (Kenny Bell) in the 3rd I'd go complete super saiyan! lol. 

Stupid.  You have no idea how any of these guys pan out meanwhile, we have on of the best 3-4 DE's in the league on our squad.  Local boy, home grown, one of the few draft picks we've hit in the past 10 years.  

I hate the Jets.

Just because two teams APPROACHED THE JETS doesn't mean they are looking to trade Mo.  For chrissakes calm down and stop overreacting. 

Stupid.  You have no idea how any of these guys pan out meanwhile, we have on of the best 3-4 DE's in the league on our squad.  Local boy, home grown, one of the few draft picks we've hit in the past 10 years.  

I hate the Jets.

Ratcheting up the mellow drama I see.

For unproven rookie? Besides Watt, what other DE is out there to fill his role?

First off, I like Wilkerson but you if you are analyzing this on a player for player basis then you don't get how the NFL works. Sure Mo is better than any player in the draft for next year, but there are cap ramifications that you are completely ignoring. A rookie plus all that cap space for the next 4-5 years may very well  be worth more than Mo by himself. 

I am not looking to get rid of Mo but if the right deal comes around then you have to consider it. 

The Bucs wont give up that much. Wilkerson is worth a 1st rounder (break even). The Bucs could believe that Glennon is worth a 3rd rounder (break even as well). Well, If the Jets package Wilkerson along with a 4th rounder for Glennon and a 2nd then it will be a fair trade. Yes, the Bucs would get Wilkerson with a high 2nd rounder, but in return the Jet would get Glennon for a high 4th rounder.

I strongly believed that Wilkerson was available for trade given the amount of talent on the d-line, Coples option being picked up, no contract extension and the fact that this QB class sucks.

If this goes down I literally called it over a month ago.

You taking Bets on this ?

Archived