Report: Goodell considers Brady's Deflategate role a serious violation

Jet Fan RI

Still doesn't take away 4 Super Bowl championships.

Hopefully, some day you can experience that.

Bonds is a common comparison.

Actually, Lance Armstrong is a much better one, in my opinion. Except, Armstrong WAS at least an inspiration to cancer victims.

The Cheatriots are just a total disgrace.

Even American fans of Armstrong have lost respect for him. Cheatriot fans defend their bunch of unethical pricks to the death. Pathetic.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me ask you this, or any other Jets fan.

If the roles were reversed, and the Jets won 4 Super Bowls in 14 years (that was funny just typing that) and had to deal with Spygate and Deflategate, what would you say?

"Damn, all the other fans in the league think we are cheaters, I hope the league takes away all our Super Bowl titles and then I can sleep better at night".

That would be absolute hell. Is that what you are experiencing now,Tex?

If the roles were reversed, and the Jets won 4 Super Bowls in 14 years (that was funny just typing that) and had to deal with Spygate and Deflategate, what would you say?

"Damn, all the other fans in the league think we are cheaters, I hope the league takes away all our Super Bowl titles and then I can sleep better at night".

This is something I would ask all Pats fans.  

What if in the report, you replaced New England Patriots with New York Jets.  Would you have any doubts the Jets were guilty of systematically deflating footballs to gain a competitive edge.

So? Colt footballs were under inflated, too, and they didn't even finish testing them.

The big differences were 1) The Pats' balls deflated more than the Colts' balls, although both theory and experiment say they should have deflated the same, in the absence of manual deflation and 2) the variation between the Pats' balls pressures were much greater than for the Colts' balls, suggesting the Pats; balls were hastily, and manually, deflated. See the appendices in the Wells' report for the evidence.

I would keep shut the **** up

I suggest jets and pats* fans read the report. brady completely mishandled this and got horrible advice or ignored good advice. If he had admitted to it right away he probably plays in the SB, or he could a appeal any punishment and play

now he is a-rod, armstrong, just a liar and a cheat

and David Ortiz

Lets see how serious Goodell is about this violation.  On the topic itself, there is no way Brady goes to court, because the NFL can delay the heck out of this process through legal documents and procedures to the point that Brady would be out for that amount of time anyway, and then face a ban if he loses.  And if he turns it into a civil suit, then his phone records are taken in discovery, and too much personal stuff is going to get leaked, IMO.  I think this goes the Arod way, he gets a suspension, puts up a PR fight, then pretends the league is a machine that is attacking him, and then gives up because the NFL is too strong.  The only people who would want a drawn out fight are his lawyers, who see those per hour fees racking up.  

And the Patriots can be completely associated with cheating now, two of the biggest scandals to hit the NFL this century thanks to the Pats.  The only reason it doesn't get blown up more, is because the NFL is technically united in all this, it isn't 31 teams vs. the Pats.  If you hurt the Pats (or any NFL team too much), you hurt the NFL and your bottom line, so they have to walk a tight rope, and not sway too much to either side.  

Yes. I am curious. Does it work on wifi? I hate to sound cheap but I try to limit my 4g connectivity. I only want some Kraft Ass if I can get it on wifi. :)

No wifi. Its wired to a gerbil from what i hear Or is it Peter King.....can't tell. Yuck. That's the last time i going there. :)

The big differences were 1) The Pats' balls deflated more than the Colts' balls, although both theory and experiment say they should have deflated the same, in the absence of manual deflation and 2) the variation between the Pats' balls pressures were much greater than for the Colts' balls, suggesting the Pats; balls were hastily, and manually, deflated. See the appendices in the Wells' report for the evidence.

They don't even know what gauge they used, and each brings different results.

Sorry the evidence is lame and not what you were hoping for. Feel free to continue to pretend that it is.

Sorry the evidence is lame and not what you were hoping for. Feel free to continue to pretend that it is.

Please predict more things that you don't want to happen will happen. Kid is the Mush of Massholes over here.

Oh wow this is an interesting update. You should let the commissioner know, because maybe he doesn't. I would hate for Tommy to get suspended when he is really innocent. That would be bad. Bad isn't good.

This thread is the Grassy Knoll of football threads.

And to answer the question if as Jets fans we'd be calling our franchise QB a cheater after 14 years and 4 titles I say yes. At least for me.

I'm a Yankee fan and consider Arod, Andy, Sheffield, and Giambi cheaters. It sucks when you end up rooting for a team with cheaters. Baseball, I suppose, is a bit different. But I still hate cheaters on 'my' teams, hate it.

On that note, Arod is a cheater and Big Sloppy is a future HOFer with the same indictments in the eyes of the media. Complete joke. They're the same dude. At least Aroid plays the field. Not an excuse, but he's still a better baseball player than Papi. By like....a bazillion.

That's true so it's a good thing that the investigators hired a research lab to conduct tests with statistical analysis that shows the balls lost more pressure than can be accounted for from temperature change and which gauge was used for the measurements.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Wake me up when the NFL strips the Patriots of all their Super Bowl titles.

Thats like a German saying 'Ya, but we conquered all those countries'. 

Waving a victory to some fans rings hollow when you know its tainted whether its been officially sanctioned yet.

I dont expect a Pat fan to admit it, but it has to diminish what was a legacy to being now a 'we arent so sure'

Nice to hear from real Jets fans.

I swear, 95% of Jets fans would rather denigrate the Pats accomplishments than root for their own team.

Those "accomplishments" are built on a foundation of cheating. So what value do they really have?  The ultimate irony here is that nobody except Pats fans give those "accomplishments" much respect any more.  Wow does that suck for the Patriots and Patriot fans.  It will take generations to remove the stench of dishonesty and cheating.  Neither you nor I will see that in our remaining lifetime.  

And I'm saying that the CBA trumps that particular policy. If the league is dumb enough to punish Brady for not turning over his phone (I doubt they're that dumb but who knows), the union will appeal and it will be a no-brainer for the arbitrator to overturn it.

good luck with that.  When the suspension gets handed down it's not going to read like this:  For conspiring to violate the rules: 2 games; for lying to the investigators: 3 games; for obstructing the investigation: 3 games.  total = 10 games.  Nope.  it will read like this:  "F-ck Tom's" suspension: 8 games.

Were you alive when the Jets won the Super Bowl?

95% of Jets fans posting on this message board were sperm cells the last time the Jets were relevant in the NFL.

You were alive for 4 Patriot Superbowl wins that nobody in the civilized world thinks were earned honestly or deserved (outside of thousands of Pats* bandwagonners and a handful of true fans).  That has to suck.  Mon.

Mr Brady: you are sentenced to a 2 game suspension where you will serve such suspension in a villa in Ibiza cheating on your wife with Italian Supermodels while drinking $800 glasses of wine and eating escargot.

Brady does not like escargot.

It gives him the poops.

Talk about jealous and envious Jets fans.

Stop your whining and hope your team can be competitive some day.

LOL!  Great rebuttal TX.  A last resort for the desperate.  That kind of retort is tantamount to your waiving the white flag.  

LOL! Great rebuttal TX. THe last resort for the desperate. That kind of retort is tantamount to your waiving the white flag.

We're the jealous ones meanwhile Tx and these other pat front runners spend 18 hours a day on this site.

Look, maybe one day it'll be worth it to be a Patriots fan.  But that will only be long after Kraft, Belichick and Brady are gone.  Maybe you guys will be cool then.  But for now, continuing to crow about your meaningless titles tells me all I need to know about your fanbase.  You're delusional and no other teams' fans would be anything less than sad and distraught about all of this.  Continuing to defend this travesty is about as soulless as it gets, a distant 2nd only to when Penn State fans rioted after Joe Paterno's firing.

Oh wow this is an interesting update. You should let the commissioner know, because maybe he doesn't. I would hate for Tommy to get suspended when he is really innocent. That would be bad. Bad isn't good.

People complain about letting the trolls run around this board.  yet I see this brings out the best in you.  Haha

Archived