Judge Nullifies Brady's suspension

Larz

The worst part about this is that this smug _______ has been vindicated. 

If you thought he was an arrogant douchenozzle before.......

Disagree about being vindicated.  He's still a cheater.  Is Roger Clemens a cheater?  He was found not guilty too.

The arrogant douchenozzleness on the other hand, will reach world record level height.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good. I want no excuses when we win the division. 

This is what I'm talking about.  I never though he deserved the suspension in the first place.  I just didn't feel they had enough to nail him.  No doubt Tom Shady knew what was going on but he's just too smart with not leaving evidence behind.  I thought for sure 2 games for the phone and cooperation sh*t but beyond that I'm sure the NFL ****ed up their explanation for the punishment.  But yeah I don't want to hear any excuses from Pats fans this year and I didn't want Rex to get any advantage.

So for us its a win/win.

So, all of the lawyers on this site that said the judge can't and won't rule based on the actual evidence and report are wrong?

A lot of lawyers out there were saying the NFL would win this one based on the relatively airtight CBA.  And they may well still win on appeal.  We'll see.

Shocker. Every suspended player should sue everytime.  Le'Veon Bell and Martavius Bryant should immediately file for injunctions to play week 1.

PED guys won't be able to fight their cases based on this ruling.  The judge compared what Brady did to PED's in the decision.  Meaning the judge saw PED's as a viable suspension and Brady's as not, since players are well aware of the penalty for PED use.

It's the gray area guys who will be able to fight their cases.  Ones where the NFL is going off a vague precedent rather than a "If you do X your penalty is Y."  There's a ton of those out there, which again is why the NFL needs to fight this via appeal for sure.

Shocker. Every suspended player should sue everytime.  Le'Veon Bell and Martavius Bryant should immediately file for injunctions to play week 1.

Yep.  Turn this stupid ******* league on its head.  Fine?  Sue.  Suspension?  Sue.  Dont like the way you're being treated by your team?  Sue.  Dont like the way the NFLN talked about you on air?  Sue.  And just keep going and going and going.  I wish Joey Porter was still in the league for moments like this.

Yep.  Turn this stupid ******* league on its head.  Fine?  Sue.  Suspension?  Sue.  Dont like the way you're being treated by your team?  Sue.  Dont like the way the NFLN talked about you on air?  Sue.  And just keep going and going and going.  I wish Joey Porter was still in the league for moments like this.

This is the end result of Goodell stupidly apointing himself judge, jury and executioner. 

Disagree about being vindicated.  He's still a cheater.  Is Roger Clemens a cheater?  He was found not guilty too.

The arrogant douchenozzleness on the other hand, will reach world record level height.

Yep.  The 1919 Black Sox were ruled in their favor in a federal court too.  They were still very much guilty from a pro baseball perspective and banned for life.

I think that does it for me and the NFL....The league has become a joke.

I wish the Jets and it's fans a lot of luck, I'll always be a Jet fan but simply can't be an NFL fan anymore...I'm out, at least until Goodell is gone. 

I feel you bud.  It makes me want to punch my dad for making me a Jets fan even harder than before. 

PED guys won't be able to fight their cases based on this ruling.  The judge compared what Brady did to PED's in the decision.  Meaning the judge saw PED's as a viable suspension and Brady's as not, since players are well aware of the penalty for PED use.

It's the gray area guys who will be able to fight their cases.  Ones where the NFL is going off a vague precedent rather than a "You did X so your penalty is Y."  There's a ton of those out there, which again is why the NFL needs to fight this via appeal for sure.

So basically this could impact Sheldon. There is no written policy on driving 140+ and how that is bad. So maybe his legal problems will be the only problems he faces.

OJ Simpson prosecutors did better at their jobs than these NFL lawyers.  This should have been the easiest case in the world for the NFL to win, but the judge just kept probing the NFL's terrible process and poked holes in it.  And the NFL lawyers just sat there with their c*cks in their hands, shrugging.

So basically this could impact Sheldon. There is no written policy on driving 140+ and how that is bad. So maybe his legal problems will be the only problems he faces.

Yep.  Sheldon's lawyers can just point to the Brady decision, and say "no one told Sheldon he couldn't do that."  Off the hook completely. 

This is the end result of Goodell stupidly apointing himself judge, jury and executioner. 

It's amazing.  And I laugh at the...yeah but they still took a fine and lost a pick, crowd.  Who gives a ****?  Every single Jets fan on the planet would happily give up a 1st round pick and some money in exchange for a Lombardi Trophy.

I'll give up an entire draft and only field 10 players on both side of the ball for 2 straight years for a ******* Super Bowl 

• Key Points:

• The court found that Brady had no notice that he could receive a four-game suspension for general awareness of ball deflation by others
  • Brady also had no notice that his discipline would be the equivalent of the discipline imposed upon a player who used PEDs

What this tells me is that if they had given him a lesser punishment, we wouldn't be here

But wait a minute. What about his obstructing an investigation? Basis for an appeal?

if there's any good news in this, it's that the rest of the nfl owners must really hate them more than ever.  i would imagine some owners will speak out against this result.

Yep.  This is the biggest win the NFLPA has had in years, maybe ever.  If the NFL does nothing or fails to win in appeal, this will be the 2nd biggest problem for the league behind the concussion issue.

It's amazing.  And I laugh at the...yeah but they still took a fine and lost a pick, crowd.  Who gives a ****?  Every single Jets fan on the planet would happily give up a 1st round pick and some money in exchange for a Lombardi Trophy.

I'll give up an entire draft and only field 10 players on both side of the ball for 2 straight years for a ******* Super Bowl 

Especially since the Patriots are absolutely f*ckin terrible in the draft anyways and it doesn't matter.  Getting Brady back for 4 games has more value to them than the next 5 first rounders.  Belichick will be gone as soon as Brady retires anyways so who cares?

So... if Goodell can't impose player discipline... and his lawyers negotiate the TV contracts... and the teams manage their own stadiums and merchandising... and NCAA runs the farm system... the question is begged of Mr. Goodell....

What's to stop the NFLPA from taking the league to court on the CBA right now and winning a bunch of concessions in their favor?  Clearly the NFLPA just got the upper hand over the NFL for the first time in their history.  Why not take advantage?

Wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen next offseason

It's the gray area guys who will be able to fight their cases.  Ones where the NFL is going off a vague precedent rather than a "If you do X your penalty is Y."  There's a ton of those out there, which again is why the NFL needs to fight this via appeal for sure.

Maybe not based on this one but now that Goodell's supremacy has been called into question who knows where else players can chisel away.

Archived