****Official Jets vs. Dolphins London Game Day Thread****

AFJF

Jesus rewind your TVs and look at that last Fitz keeper. Couldn't see who it was but whoever was lined up wide right got all alone by 10+ yards.

I saw that, the way Fitz was rolling right it would've been an awkward angle to throw but I agree he was alllll alone and a pass could've been made. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jeremy Kerley wrote a book about punt returning strategies, it would be one chapter long, and that chapter would be titled: Find the Nearest Defender and Run Directly Into Him.

I do like the way he dances around without actually advancing the ball.

The # of points Fitzpatrick cost the Jets in the first quarter = 11 (plus Miami now starts a drive near the 50).

It's not only the plays you see him make. It's also the ones he never attempted, that would have meant easy, uncontested points.

You cant assume plays happening. Doesn't work that way

Special Teams is our weakest link by a country mile.  Westy needs to give April some pointers or something

I think this is where our injuries are showing up big time. Losing Owusu and Walls for a few weeks means guys who typically aren't gunners on specials are doing the job. We only pay attention to injuries like Ivory and Decker but losing the guys deep on the chart hurts too. 

The # of points Fitzpatrick cost the Jets in the first quarter = 11 (plus Miami now starts a drive near the 50).

It's not only the plays you see him make. It's also the ones he never attempted, that would have meant easy, uncontested points.

Aaron Rodgers would have 21 points by now.  Why don't we trade for him?

Geno woul have thrown two pick sixes by now.

We'd be well on our way to 0-4.

Not sure how firmly planted your tongue is in your cheek right now. 

No one is arguing otherwise.  The whole point is that mediocre can still win some games, whereas terrible QB's generally do not.

...and I agree with this totally.  I don't agree with turning a blind eye to mediocrity due to some positive results.  We might be up 21-0 with a good QB.  We have completely dominated the game and they are only down by 10 with the ball. 

You cant assume plays happening. Doesn't work that way

It is on Fitzpatrick until he throws it and someone else drops an uncontested pass. Since that happens a much smaller percentage of the time, you figure a wide open receiver standing all alone will catch the ball. 

Unless you want to blame a wide open receiver for dropping an uncontested pass that wasn't thrown.

Not sure how firmly planted your tongue is in your cheek right now. 

What are you talking about?

Decker all alone in the endzone. Threw it to a covered Marshall (incomplete; and it didn't look just dropped; the CB looked like he had a pink hand in there). Jets get 3 instead of 7 (-4).

Someone else on his rollout keeper was 10 yards farther than the next player. Not thrown. Jets punt (-7)

-11 total.

Archived