OuttaSightPF has a melt down, launches personal attack, gets banned for life thread

Parcells did it in 84' after suffering through a disastrous 1st year as head coach. He dumped the big name players with little fire in their bellies and found 'his' guys to fill their roles.

Jimmy Johnson did it in Dallas. When he arrived as the new head coach his former college player Michael Irvin came to his office with a list of the guys in the locker room who were simply coming to work for a pay check. These lazy vets would criticize the young Irvin after big losses for being so upset. They would tell him to calm down, he was getting paid either way. Johnson turned over almost the entire roster and landed hungry players who NEEDED to win.

Unfortunately in 2015, in the NFL's biggest media market we are handcuffed. 16 bad games and your ass can be fired. There are no more 3 or 4 year rebuilds in this league anymore (outside of Jacksonville LOL).

And who exactly were HIS guys?? George Young was the GM that put that team together and the Tuna didn't exactly wow with his drafts when he was the Jets GM..

In other words "I don't THINK he's that guy". I would never call for a GM's head 9 games into his tenure. It's ridiculous.

I'm just saying there might be 10 or so guys on the planet that could turn this around. Not sure if he's the guy.

Just to be clear "not sure" means I have questions. It doesn't mean burn his house down and ship him to Afghanistan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so in in other words you have no idea what you are talking about

• Upvote 1

In other words "I don't THINK he's that guy". I would never call for a GM's head 9 games into his tenure. It's ridiculous.

I'm just saying there might be 10 or so guys on the planet that could turn this around. Not sure if he's the guy.

Just to be clear "not sure" means I have questions. It doesn't mean burn his house down and ship him to Afghanistan.

Turn this around?? FFS you make it sound like the Jets are the NFL version of Syria. Stop man, were 5-4.

• Upvote 1

Also Jacksonville isn't complete crap like they've been the past decade.....in that game a couple long passes go another way and it's not close.....and I guess Pittsburgh mailed it in the following week since they barely beat Oakland at home.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I'm definitely not attacking Mac. There's no way to know if he is the "savior" we desperately need.

He may be. It's WAY too soon.

All I'm saying is this is a HUGE task he's faced with.

The cancer I referred to in the title is about players who play when they feel like it. We have a lot of them.

Mac is not the cancer

Who are they? The only person you called out by name was Maccagnan. 

+1

I peeked at Spotrac this morning when I saw the "blow up the roster" thread and I was surprised to see how much flexibility they'll have next year. Revis and Marshall are the only guys we're "stuck" with at big money. 

What about Cromartie? If he's cut don't we eat like 5 million? That's huge

So the brilliant plan is:

1. Fire the GM.

2. Leave the totally unproven HC in place because the OP "likes" him.

3. Begin setting up interviews for a new GM with a plan of his own, with the caveat he should retain this "liked" HC, whose hiring was someone else's plan.

Has a familiar ring to it. 

Ok, even though I never said anything about firing him and that wasn't the point of this thread I guess I'll succumb to peer pressure.

I'm starting a website to put up a billboard tomorrow

=)

What about Cromartie? If he's cut don't we eat like 5 million? That's huge

Nope. If the Jets cut Cromartie the day after the season, he costs exactly zero against the cap. His only guaranteed money was this season. 

And who exactly were HIS guys?? George Young was the GM that put that team together and the Tuna didn't exactly wow with his drafts when he was the Jets GM..

You need to learn a little NFL history my friend. I'm not going to teach you about what happened with the Giants from 84'-86'

It's common knowledge

Turn this around?? FFS you make it sound like the Jets are the NFL version of Syria. Stop man, were 5-4.

Wow. Wow.

Haven't had a playoff birth in 5 seasons (I'm including this one, because we ain't making it)

Haven't had a true franchise QB in 4 decades

Have won our division once so far this millennium

Ummm and take a quick peek at our history in the draft

One of the worst franchises in pro sports for a LONG time.

Be honest with yourself. And if you are satisfied with what this team has delivered than you have low standards and are fine with losing

• Thumb Down 1

Yup the Jets mailed it in after 3 weeks last year which is why we beat a very good Pittsburgh team (much better than us), competed and almost beat NE in both games, etc with crap roster. Makes perfect sense.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Too bad you and other loser fans didn't get a chance to Gatorade bathe Rex before he left for winning 4 games.

I'm glad you were so impressed last year

. "Competed and almost beat...."

That's all I needed to read to know you are a loser

• Thumb Down 3

Wow. Wow.

Haven't had a playoff birth in 5 seasons (I'm including this one, because we ain't making it)

Be honest with yourself. And if you are satisfied with what this team has delivered than you have low standards and are fine with losing

We won the division in 2002. In fact we are the only team to win the division in a year that Brady has played

When I read the opening post advocating.....well actually we still cant figure out what he was advocating.....maybe firing Maccagnan, Marshall and a whole mob of others...

My first thought was he cant be serious and maybe the PF in his idea stands for Patriots Fan...

But thats probably not it

Wow. Wow.

Seriously Wow Wow, you need to find a team that doesnt make you so angry and miserable and give them a root

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Big Picture-5-4 is not bad. But also Chan Gailey could be the least inspired Jets hire ever not named Paul Hackett or Brian Schottenheimer. Totally lost on me how you bring in the retread old guy in an increasingly pass-oriented NFL and let this guy pull the "establishing the run horsesheet and not have a hurry up at all. This franchise is not gonna fire him midseason but this one serious misstep has to be corrected the first week in January of they don't make the playoffs or alter if they steal a wildcard. Think that's very doubtful though because the Raider and Bills right now have the tiebreaker over the Jets. 

Wow. Wow.

They just cleaned house this year. They're 9 games into the new regime. These guys are responsible for the last 15, 50 years? 

What is it that you want besides to rant incoherently? You're offering nothing. 

• Upvote 2

Big time, highly paid players like Wilkerson and Richardson. These two players can play like top 5 defensive linemen in this league... when they want to. If they gave 100% every down and demanded 100% from their teammates they could easily be viewed as the best defensive one two punch in the NFL. But, instead they talk a big game and give you about 10-15 full speed plays per game.

It's not just these two who are the problem, but they are the kingpins. When we drafted Williams #6 overall one of these two clowns needed to be traded. We could have ended up with an early 2nd or even a late 1st for one of them. We are not going to resign them both anyway with Williams as new cornerstone of the team our GM is trying to build. So why just sit on them and let Wilkerson walk in free agency and get nothing in return?

Especially considering the gaping holes we have at OLB, TE and most importantly QB.

Seriously Wow Wow, you need to find a team that doesnt make you so angry and miserable and give them a root

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

You need to stop accepting what Woody has been shoveling down your throat.

Demand excellence

We played some teams with real issues during the first quarter of the season. We snuck away with 4 wins in 5 games. We were 4-1 and the media was raving about the Jets. This was the real turning point of the season.

We played New England in their house, and overall we played hard. Brandon Marshall, who has been outstanding for us so far this season, truly sh#t the bed in that big game. #15 brings an awful lot to the table as a true #1 receiver. Without him we are 3-6 at best right now. So by trading a 5th round draft pick it has bought us 2 extra wins during the first half of the season. That's nothing to sneeze at. BUT, the one thing he lacks is big game experience. And it showed in Chowderville.

Since then this team has simply mailed it in. A disastrous game vs. our #1 non-division threat for a wildcard spot in Oakland. Our coach said our defense was "loafing". He was 100% accurate. Then we faced Jacksonville, consistently the worst team in the league for a decade. We struggled and barely squeaked out a win. Next was the show down with Rex Ryan and The Bills. We all know how that went.

They play hard when they feel like it, and they sit back and put their feet up when the going gets tough. Rex Ryan cultivated this environment, most especially during his last year here. He and his staff decided early on that they didn't have enough talent and they quit about 3 weeks in. He also cultivated a culture of ZERO accountability and very little discipline.

We have had a bunch of trades, free agent signings and terrible draft picks since 2011. 4 plus years of terrible mismanagement can't be fixed in 1 season. The free agent miscues are easy enough to move on from when the contracts are structured properly. Idzik only did one thing well during his short tenure, he didn't lock up long term money on anyone. But Tannenbaums last few drafts, both of Idziks drafts and our new GM's first draft are all heavily flawed. The 2014 draft alone.... 12 picks and we have a HUGE maybe that eventually Pryor can become a solid contributor. That's devastating.

We need a Pete Carroll, Ozzie Newsome, Bill Parcells type of culture changer to step in and get this organization back on track. A guy with a rare vision. I love Bowles as a head coach, but he needs a real game changer at GM, and I just don't think Mac is that guy.

What we need to do, we can't do in todays NFL. A message needs to be sent to this roster. Guys with bad attitudes and inconsistent effort need to go.

Parcells did it in 84' after suffering through a disastrous 1st year as head coach. He dumped the big name players with little fire in their bellies and found 'his' guys to fill their roles.

Jimmy Johnson did it in Dallas. When he arrived as the new head coach his former college player Michael Irvin came to his office with a list of the guys in the locker room who were simply coming to work for a pay check. These lazy vets would criticize the young Irvin after big losses for being so upset. They would tell him to calm down, he was getting paid either way. Johnson turned over almost the entire roster and landed hungry players who NEEDED to win.

Unfortunately in 2015, in the NFL's biggest media market we are handcuffed. 16 bad games and your ass can be fired. There are no more 3 or 4 year rebuilds in this league anymore (outside of Jacksonville LOL).

Who has a bad attitude on the team and needs to go?

You are definitely entitled your opinion but the question that should be asked is what obvious move do think Mac should have made that he didn't?

With Idzik and Tanny (IMO) it was clear what was wrong but with Mac I don't see any obvious blunder, but you must see one so what is it? 

You need to learn a little NFL history my friend. I'm not going to teach you about what happened with the Giants from 84'-86'

It's common knowledge

LMAO! ... Savage happens to know more football history than every NFL booth monkey combined.

Correct! ... you are definitely not going to teach him.

LMAO! ... Savage happens to know more football history than every NFL booth monkey combined.

Correct! ... you are definitely not going to teach him.

I was busy correcting Tex in the I brought my son thread that the Pats were the only team to be in a Bowl in the 80's.90's,2000's and 2010 + The difference is instead of just making the Bowls in those decades the Giants won beating the Pats in the 2000's and 2010's..And Denver in the 80's and Bill's in the 90's..:)

Who has a bad attitude on the team and needs to go?

Hasn't explained that yet.My main issue is Gailey is an embarrassment. But really the best case scenario here is a wildcard berth, which still has an outside chance of happening. And you can dump Gailey when the season is over. 

Show your work, sir. So far nothing in that regard.