And just like that, Rex Ryan is officially eliminated from playoff contention.

RutgersJetFan

I wasn't defending Rex who is not a good HC I was simply stating facts as they exist.. Even the great BB in his first year with the Pats went 5-11 with a team that Pete Carroll never had a losing season with.. I'm happy as hell with Bowles and Mac and the future of this Jet team, I have let the past failures go.. I do feel bad if we miss the playoffs due to the Eagle game the Texan game and oh yes the Bills beating the Jets at Met life.. But if wah wah I hate Rex floats your boat Bon Voyage Captain..:rolleyes:

your stating facts to defend your boy, at least own what you are doing, cap'n.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your stating facts to defend your boy, at least own what you are doing, cap'n.

In no way was I defending Rex who has been horrible this year.. What pisses you and the other Rex haters off is not everyone marcher's in lock step with your point of view.. Wah Wah you must hate Rex and be one of us... You sound like children whose mommy forgot to buy them candy.. Rex is gone get over it or praise Mangini who never won a playoff game..LOL

In no way was I defending Rex who has been horrible this year.. What pisses you and the other Rex haters off is not everyone marcher's in lock step with your point of view.. Wah Wah you must hate Rex and be one of us... You sound like children whose mommy forgot to buy them candy.. Rex is gone get over it or praise Mangini who never won a playoff game..LOL

I think someone forgets how he acted when Herm Edwards went away ;). And you are right, it is ok to have an opinion. 

Rex is not, and never was, a good HC. He has no clue on how to coach and manage all 3 phases of the game. His in-game management is still as poor as it was day one.

His only feather in his cap was taking Mangini's teams to 2 AFCCG's.

Hell, Rex performed more poorly in those AFCCG's than CuMar.

Rex ryan is rob ryan except he got to coach hall of famers in baltimore which enhanced his career.  Hes a fraud and is actually a terrible defensive coach.

anyone who coached that ravens d became a head coach: pagank. Nolan, lewis etc.

rex will be in the booth on monday night w/ gruden and tirico soon enough.

Only booth he belongs in is a dunking booth at a carnival 

SanGen%205.jpg

Rex is not, and never was, a good HC. He has no clue on how to coach and manage all 3 phases of the game. His in-game management is still as poor as it was day one.

if only he had started your hero Matt Cassel he'd be 14-0 now

Quite honesty,  I just don't have it in me.  I have a difficult time making insulting remarks about others.  Although,  I will admit,  I came very close last week.  I got into a political argument with someone on the Buffalo News Blog.  He was pretty obnoxious.  I was tempted but instead,  I wished him  Merry Christmas and moved on.  Not worth the energy

you are probably the most likable personality on this board, we all feel for you because we have been there.  I like Rex and if and that is a big IF he can progress as a HC I would love to see him eventually win a SB.  Have a merry christmas :)

If Rex Ryan legitimately wanted to win a Super Bowl he would have had the team prepared in back-to-back AFC Championship Games, contests in which his precious defense folded like a house of cards in the wind.

SAR I

You are far more intelligent than this post. if he legitimately wanted to win a SB? C'mon man, I am sure he prepared his team the best he could, he has a lot to learn about being a HC, noone is arguing that.  The question is, is he showing signs that he is learning or is he so ingrained as a DC that he is unable.  I hope he can do it, he is a likable guy unlike mumbles mcgee...

Nice.  

You are far more intelligent than this post. if he legitimately wanted to win a SB? C'mon man, I am sure he prepared his team the best he could, he has a lot to learn about being a HC, noone is arguing that.  The question is, is he showing signs that he is learning or is he so ingrained as a DC that he is unable.  I hope he can do it, he is a likable guy unlike mumbles mcgee...

He spent too much time in those run-up AFC Championship Game weeks yukking it up with the media and basking in the spotlight, didn't have his team prepared enough.  Against Indy, fine, I can understand it, first timers, rookie QB.  But against Pittsburgh, it was a mortal sin.  How can a team that was within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl the year before not come out focused and spitting fire the very next year being given a do-over?  And against a team and in a stadium where they had pounded them just a few weeks earlier?  Worst loss in Jets history.  All Ryan's fault.

SAR I

He spent too much time in those run-up AFC Championship Game weeks yukking it up with the media and basking in the spotlight, didn't have his team prepared enough.  Against Indy, fine, I can understand it, first timers, rookie QB.  But against Pittsburgh, it was a mortal sin.  How can a team that was within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl the year before not come out focused and spitting fire the very next year being given a do-over?  And against a team and in a stadium where they had pounded them just a few weeks earlier?  Worst loss in Jets history.  All Ryan's fault.

SAR I

Pittsburgh loss was a total disgrace. The team and the D came out so flat and that is on Rex! That was our year..I still remember reading your thread on JI at the Pitt airport saying the window closed and being depressed. I still have nightmares 

SAR I

Rex likes being a celebrity a hell of a lot more than he likes coaching football. 

Rex likes being a celebrity a hell of a lot more than he likes coaching football. 

Coaching football takes a discipline he simply lacks.  he gets by on experience and the players are basically kids and they buy in until even they see what a buffoon he is.

Im blown away at the lack of professionalism that some organizations have. Miami, Detroit, Cleveland and even the JETS to a point.  Great teams are run by great management.

Remember Gateway computer?  Where are they now?  Dell blew them away.

Founder of Gateway moved the co to San Diego, basked in the limelight. Dell hired REAL professionals from IBM etc and built a first class company.

Coaching football takes a discipline he simply lacks.  he gets by amd experience and the players are basically kids and they buy in until even they see what a buffoon he is.

Im blown away at the lack of professionalism that some organizations have. Miami, Detroit, Cleveland and even the JETS to a point.  Great teams are run by great management.

Remember Gateway computer?  Where are they now?  Dell blew them away.

Founder of Gateway moved the co to San Diego, basked in the limelight. Dell hired REAL professionals from IBM etc and built a first class company.

Hey!!!  My home lap top is a gateway. 

Rex's fans and excuse-makers don't seem pissed off at all.

This is too funny ...

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak  22 minutes ago

Bills LB Preston Brown said calls about offensive personnel have been coming in
late from coaches in box for entire season.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak  16 minutes ago 

Preston Brown on late play calls: "I don't know who that guy is [in booth], but
it's been an issue with personnel coming in and out."

More from Bills LB Preston Brown: "[Other teams] run people in and off because
they know we're having issues with that upstairs in the box."

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak  15 minutes ago 

Preston Brown says even the slowest offenses have been hurrying to line this
season because they know Bills defense has issues w/ play calls

you are probably the most likable personality on this board, we all feel for you because we have been there.  I like Rex and if and that is a big IF he can progress as a HC I would love to see him eventually win a SB.  Have a merry christmas :)

Thank you for the nice compliment.  I really appreciate your kind words.  I am disappointed with the results of our season.  Our local news  media and fans  haven't made it much easier.  It seems like they are calling for everyone's jobs on the team.  Although hearsay,  I understand that our owners are looking for a consultant to come in and assist our organization.  I know that they tried to get Bill Polian last year but he decided not to come.   The penalties alone this season cost us at least 3 games.  This past Sunday was an absolute disaster and embarrassment.  It will be interesting to see what happens during the off season.  Merry Christmas to you too.  

As I said at the time of the hire, by far the best thing for the Jets and worst thing for the Bills was not Rex, it was him taking all his assistants with him.  Just a horrendous group and one more indication that Rex has zero clue about being a good head guy and surrounding himself with great assistants.  For all his bluster he's a total pussy when it comes to actually making changes to some of his buddies unless totally forced to do so.

It was so typical that last game for the bills when they had to burn a time out on defense 2 minutes into the game.

Thank you for the nice compliment.  I really appreciate your kind words.  I am disappointed with the results of our season.  Our local news  media and fans  haven't made it much easier.  It seems like they are calling for everyone's jobs on the team.  Although hearsay,  I understand that our owners are looking for a consultant to come in and assist our organization.  I know that they tried to get Bill Polian last year but he decided not to come.   The penalties alone this season cost us at least 3 games.  This past Sunday was an absolute disaster and embarrassment.  It will be interesting to see what happens during the off season.  Merry Christmas to you too.  

Jeanie. It's "happy holidays." Come on.

LOL @ your not defending Rex......

I am not pissed in the least at Rexcusers, I think its comical, as funny as I found Herm supporters after he left, very similar.

This is too funny ...

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak  22 minutes ago

Bills LB Preston Brown said calls about offensive personnel have been coming in
late from coaches in box for entire season.

Preston Brown on late play calls: "I don't know who that guy is [in booth], but
it's been an issue with personnel coming in and out."

More from Bills LB Preston Brown: "[Other teams] run people in and off because
they know we're having issues with that upstairs in the box."

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak  15 minutes ago 

Preston Brown says even the slowest offenses have been hurrying to line this
season because they know Bills defense has issues w/ play calls

No one should be surprised by this.  It's just amazing this guy got another job in the NFL.  

No one should be surprised by this.  It's just amazing this guy got another job in the NFL.  

Watched a lot of high school football the last few years. Never seen a 12 men penalty because it's so simple; you're in for x, x get off the field. This is not hard unless you're a disorganized moron. 

Mike Rodak (ESPN),  a Patriots fan,  is the most hated reporter in Buffalo.   It seems like he prides himself in reporting negativity about the Bills.

Archived