Odell Beckham

joewilly12

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Refs turned the other way because they were afraid of punishing the NFL's star receiver.  Now, there will be an over-correction in the other direction and Odell will be watched closely.  Meanwhile, corners will know simply to play him as physically as possible so that he'll implode with a series of 15-yard penalties and an eventual ejection.

The book is out on you Odell.  Nice work. 

Odell 'cheap shot' Beckham has to be the most hated player in the league. Or he will be soon enough.

His petulant behavior is unlike anything i have seen from other players. And this was noticeable well before yesterday's incident. Earlier in the year, he was throwing punches at Gilmore and Duke Williams in Buffalo. He constantly whines to the refs after every play.

Stephone Gilmore said it best:

“I don’t know what’s up with him," Gilmore said. "He acts like nobody’s supposed to hit him and you’re supposed to let him catch the ball. He’s weird. He gets mad when you play physical with him. He’s weird.

“He’s different. It’s kind of like you’re playing your little brother and he gets mad at you for being too physical with him — throwing a tantrum. I’m like, ‘Man, we’re playing football. It’s a physical game. ... He’s a prima donna. He feels like he’s on top of the world and nobody’s supposed to do anything to him."

He'll spend the rest of his career making circus catches in losses for sh*tty 6-10 Giants teams.

Gilmore was spot on.  That's exactly how he is.  

Here is the official rule wording:

REMOVAL OF HELMET
(h) Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play during a celebration or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player.
I guess they could argue it wasn't a celebration but did it occur just after one of the confrontations with Norman?

I get there is a rule, hear what you're saying I thought the same thing.  But there are lots of written rules in law and life.  The intent of the rule is to avoide a Alzado Ward like fight.  Not to flag someone automatically.  Again this was from the mouth of an ex ref after the Dez incident in Detroit.  

We don't agree on the coaching aspect. All Coughlin had to do was sit him out a series and tell him point blank, "if you do that again, you're benched." And then hold to it if the kid is stupid enough to challenge him. Coughlin lost more than a game yesterday. He damaged his own reputation. You let a player get bigger than the team and that's what you've got -- toxic mess.

But he very well could have, while the defense was out there.  How do we know Odell didn't start behaving because he was told he was about to be benched? 

“If the Giants aren’t embarrassed for what this kid has done, let me tell you, they should be,” Francesa said.

"He embarrassed that franchise, He embarrassed everyone on that team, he embarrassed every coach, he embarrassed everybody who was a Giant anywhere yesterday," Francesa fumed. "You're gonna tell me John Mara sat upstairs and was proud of that? If he was he needs his head examined."

minor point but in our game and again yesterday OBJ took his helmet off while on the field and didn't get flagged.  Refs are treating him like he's entitled and it's obviously gone to his head.  I think a game or two in 2016 would be a more appropriate suspension, not now when his team has been eliminated.      

They said the same thing on First Take, when Stephen A Smith said there is a "star system" among NFL referees and THAT has to stop immediately. I can see protecting QB's but they really don't. Geno Smith was blasted at the front of his knee last season against the Pats and no flag was thrown. I saw Cam Newton get taken down low against the Giants and no flag. No flag against Vontaze Burfect against Ben Roehlisberger and while he was fined later no flag was thrown. I guess you have to be Tom Terrific in order to get a flag on a bad hit. As far as this so called start system goes I see it happening with Beckham. That last pass that he caught off the ground last week to close out the G-Men win should not have been ruled a catch and wouldn't have been if anyone but Beckham had made it.

Fran on WFAN is ripping into him and the Giants in ways I could never have imagined.  He said Tom had to go on this game alone...

Amazing

well fatty is a gmen fan and the gmen's record if game was 59 minutes was 10-2 and add to this coughlin pulling another senile joepa performance with the handling of Odell

Here's the million dollar question:  Knowing what we now know about Odell, would you go back in time (after visiting the dinosaurs and whatever far more important matter you had to attend to) and tell Idzik to trade up to the 11th spot (or wherever necessary) to take Odell Beckham?

Here's the million dollar question:  Knowing what we now know about Odell, would you go back in time (after visiting the dinosaurs and whatever far more important matter you had to attend to) and tell Idzik to trade up to the 11th spot (or wherever necessary) to take Odell Beckham?

I would still vote yes to this.

You bet your ass I would!  We could've traded the entire draft to move up 1 spot and it would've been the right move considering Idzik was picking the players.   

Not sure he'd be as good over here. But i still say yes.

Francesa apparently just called the Giants "the new circus in town"

This just gives him cover to call for Tawm's head.  Francesa has always said "Tawm deserves to end it his way" and wouldn't speculate on other coaching candidates for next season.  Watch that go out the window these next few days.

With Rex Ryan at the helm I would have to pass. 

With Bowles coaching. I would take a shot

I have to say the only thing that I was thinking watching all of that transpire was "what a f*cking sham this league is becoming!"

Seriously, it really is turning into the WWF on Roger Goodells watch! The favoritism is galling. I just laughed watching it knowing had that been any NY Jet doing that (imagine Brandon Marshall) running around like a nutcase, wildly swinging at people, and then diving head first with helmet right into another players chin strap & not getting ejected,lol. IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

Marshall or any other player would have been ejected. But no, this was the NFLs golden child. You know, the kid with the big hands & sticky gloves who could probably catch a TD with his tongue like a lizard snapping a fly out of the air.

The league is becoming a JOKE! The referees are killing any enjoyment we get from the game. Look at our game Saturday night. The mysterious Illegal shift...wut? The horse collar...wut? 

How about the dead play call trying to overprotect Brady. OMG Brady might get hit, blow the whistle, quick. The outrageous holding techniques allowed to protect Brady at all costs. The Jets use to have the same OL coach under Rex (Googs), he f*cking stunk! He goes to New England, loses practically his entire Oline but miraculously has done an INCREDIBLE job using duct tape to rebuild that injured line so that Tom can still sit back there & eat a ham sandwich while Dlines get held, dragged to the ground, or the back of their jerseys pulled just enough to let Tommy Boy complete yet another amazing 4th quarter comeback.

i was thinking about how that would have played out if Greg Hardy went mental on the field like Odell did,lmao. Something tells me Hardy would have been long gone by that 3rd personal foul penalty. 

But Odell & Brady are the faces the NFL want out there. Odells tantrums weren't that much different than watching Brady berets the officials in EVERY GAME they are losing in. He gets to scream in their faces, throw the ball down, point at them demanding holding calls because it's impossible that the opposing team made a great play without holding one of his receivers.

This league better get their sh*t together. Outside of a handful of teams the league is filled with a whole lot CRAPPY football! I'm a Jet fan & that game Saturday night was almost unwatchable & downright embarrassing for both teams. If it wasn't for fantasy football ratings would be way down, 3/4 of the games suck.

Surprised Odell hasnt issued an apology by now to the fans the league his team and more importantly Josh Norman.

The Giants are a low class organization who just weeks ago treated Jets players and family like dirt when we were the visiting team.

Hey I didn't know that the Giants treated the Jets fans poorly?  Is that for real?

What did they do?

Agree Tom Coughlin gets so many passes because he's old and he's won 2 Super Bowls if this were the Jets they would be burning the coach and player at the stake in Times Square. 

I mean that is so true. Could you IMAGINE Mike and Mike this morning if it had been Brandon Marshall and Todd Bowles instead of the league's New Golden Boy and Tom Coughlin? Even Greenberg would be saying "and I'ma Jets fan but he should be suspended for the season" Cris Carter would be talking from atop his high and mighty horse throwing down lightning bolts of moral outrage to the lesser. You know my son told me that Dez Bryant threw a punch at Revis and they didn't even throw a flag the other night.

Archived