Jets-Pats overhype

UnitedWhofans

The media is overhyping this game, I believe. The situation is set up so that even if the Jets win this game, they would need help elsewhere. If they lose this game, they can still get in, and IMO, the chances are about the same either way given the schedules. This might be the least meaningful Jets-Pats game in awhile. 

The media is overhyping this game, I believe. The situation is set up so that even if the Jets win this game, they would need help elsewhere. If they lose this game, they can still get in, and IMO, the chances are about the same either way given the schedules. This might be the least meaningful Jets-Pats game in awhile. 

pretty sure last years game was slight less meaningful.

pretty sure last years game was slight less meaningful.

And was treated as such. Not here. I don't think the Jets are making the playoffs whether they win or lose tomorrow.  I want them to win of course, but the media is putting the "life or death" tag and the "judgement of Bowles" on this game

What?    This game is the season. Jets win out one of the three we need to lose will.   If the Jets lose this game season is done, there is no way we get in.  

Oh, if Jets lose I want to see Petty start the bills game. 

If Jets lose, if Denver loses out and the Jets beat Buffalo, the Jets are in

Oh, if Jets lose I want to see Petty start the bills game. 

Um. Curious as to why you would want the third string QB who has be inactive all season long to play in a game that still could have playoff implications even if the Jets lose to the Pats, which they won't so this is a moot point. I'm not sure I see the benefit of him playing that game. You aren't going to discern his value or NFL readiness against the Bills in Week 17. That makes zero sense. 

It's overhyped in that it's being sold as the game of the week but I feel like I'm getting ready to watch a public funeral.

I don't know about this. The Jets haven't had that many meaningful games against the Pats the past 10 years, where it has one of those must-win feels. Usually when we do we either play them close or win at a higher rate than we usually do against them ('06, '10...etc). The only one I can think of that we truly needed and didn't get was week 2 in '08, but that was more a statement game than anything else.

There's also the notion that we have lose what, 3 straight to them? We're due.

Not if KC or Pitt win out or Denver wins one game.

What I am saying is that this is not a do or die game, in the technical sense, unless something wacky happens elsewhere.

Something wacky like Denver losing to the Bengals or the raiders beating the Chiefs?

The Jets are solidly in play for a playoff berth with a win tomorrow and all but toast with a loss. It's as do or die as it gets without being that.

You couldn't be more hopelessly wrong. Shocking.

I don't know what's worse, that you don't understand the importance and appeal of this game or that you started a thread admitting that you don't understand the importance and appeal of this game.

Beacause a game of this magnitude, between 2 teams with their history isn't overhype.  It's what the networks pray for

Not if KC or Pitt win out or Denver wins one game.

What I am saying is that this is not a do or die game, in the technical sense, unless something wacky happens elsewhere.

presumably somone has already corrected you, but I'll do it just the same. Sheesh, how complicated is it that people just can't understand the very simple fact that if we win out, Denver, or Pitt, or KC need to lose ONE game for us to get in. That's it. If you going to start a thread like this at least you might understand the scenarios first.

Not sure why a Jet fan felt the need to dampen the enthusiasm of his fellow fans on a Jet fan board, but hey, sal-seech his own.

You mean the hey morons, why are you getting so excited about playing the Pats, we can win, end up 11-5 and not make the playoffs.  11-5 and rooting for others to lose would suck. 

So much for that idiotic post. Not only was it a meaningful game, but if the Jets make the playoffs and especially of they make a run it will be known as "The Coin Flip Game"

Well atleast you didnt say "Max 6 wins" here. ;)

This game was epic.

Archived