Jets to Select 20th Overall

Morrissey

Is it really a good idea, in this current state of pro football and the length of careers, to use a #1 on a RB? Committee is becoming the approach across the league. 

just imagine....for a minute we had todd gurley. just imagine. dwell on it even foir a few minutes. close your eyes and basmk in the sun of having todd gurley on thi steam. now open your eyes and come back to reality. we can't get todd gurley, but we can get lamar miller and he's pretty good

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just imagine....for a minute we had todd gurley. just imagine. dwell on it even foir a few minutes. close your eyes and basmk in the sun of having todd gurley on thi steam. now open your eyes and come back to reality. we can't get todd gurley, but we can get lamar miller and he's pretty good

Actually Gurley is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. He's out this week and had a huge injury in college. These guys probably take the worst beating on the field. 

Im not trying to minimize th position, oR the talent it takes to play. But I'm of the opinion that the O-line does a lot of the heavy lifting. 

QB. Draft a first round QB, let him compete with Petty with Fitz as the starter until someone takes the job from him. We also need someone dynamic at either RB or WR. Smith can run deep routes, but we need someone with serious speed and burst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O-Line, RB both are (or will be) major needs.  The unreliable nature of Ivory/Powell hurt us badly, often, this year.

CB is IMO a need, Cro is old and high mileage, Revis is VERY average now, Skrine is ok as a #3 at most, the other guys, still, who knows.....

QB in the Mid-Rounds (every year, without exception).  Adds a arm to push Petty in the #2//Developmental QB Spot.  Allows Geno to be let loose.

LB, More O-Line, More RB in the late rounds.

I think he's the best QB coming out this year with my first impression. I dont think we'll have a shot at the two top OL and no way in hell I would go defense again in the first round. 

If Carson Wentz is sitting there at 20 I'd draft him. I dont expect him to be sitting there in the 2nd round when we pick. I dont consider it a reach when I think he's the best of the crop. 

Reminds me of Bledose. Prefer Jared Goff who reminds me of Montana. Who would you rather have, Bledsoe or Montana.

Actually Gurley is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. He's out this week and had a huge injury in college. These guys probably take the worst beating on the field. 

Im not trying to minimize th position, oR the talent it takes to play. But I'm of the opinion that the O-line does a lot of the heavy lifting. 

I'd rather have 3 decent RBs than one super stud. Depth more important for the reasons you state. Teams that can plug in the next guy when starter hurt have huge advantage over teams like Vikings that are SOL if Peterson pulls a hammy.

I'd rather have 3 decent RBs than one super stud. Depth more important for the reasons you state. Teams that can plug in the next guy when starter hurt have huge advantage over teams like Vikings that are SOL if Peterson pulls a hammy.

Yup, you get what im saying. 

it doesn't have to be one or the other... KC lost charles for the season and didn't skip a beat

Reminds me of Bledose. Prefer Jared Goff who reminds me of Montana. Who would you rather have, Bledsoe or Montana.

Bledsoe or Montana would be better than what we have now. I prefer Goff, but I doubt that he is available for the Jets pick. 

What position do you address? I wonder if Ezekiel Elliott would still be around for that pick. Ivory is a FA, both he and Powell are always banged up.

would absolutely love Elliot ...when was the last time the Jets had a dynamic RB that could take over a game ? I'm talking a Marshall Faulk type back that would open this offense up.

Jets Draft needs to consist of a RB.... Back up WR's that can step in and actually catch the ball at number 3 and 4 options and play ST's to some extent, LB

OLB lets look for real football players here not project edge rushers, I've had my fill of that bullsh*t.

Obviously we will get some FA players as well so how they fill in the holes we be on a what's available basis either way we need to have more than just 2 constantly injured RB's and that pile of sh*t Stephen Ridley.

I just watched some Goff highlights and am impressed.  Any idea where he's supposed to be picked?  Could we get him at 20?  Or will we miss him by 1 pick or something Jet-like like that.

I just watched some Goff highlights and am impressed.  Any idea where he's supposed to be picked?  Could we get him at 20?  Or will we miss him by 1 pick or something Jet-like like that.

That kid is going to be a star.  No chance we get him.  We would have to move up past the Niners who pick 7th.  Browns probably go with Paxton or Goff at #2.  Niners take the other. No way Mac trades up that far.     

That kid is going to be a star.  No chance we get him.  We would have to move up past the Niners who pick 7th.  Browns probably go with Paxton or Goff at #2.  Niners take the other. No way Mac trades up that far.     

Why not though?  It's worth whatever it costs if the kid is that good.

QB. Draft a first round QB, let him compete with Petty with Fitz as the starter until someone takes the job from him. We also need someone dynamic at either RB or WR. Smith can run deep routes, but we need someone with serious speed and burst.

Amen 

When was the last time that ever worked out?

If you're gonna trade the farm, you do it for Luck. Newton... Even Mariota/Winston.... You don't trade your crown Jewels in for Locker, Gabbert - or Manuel... 

There is no Luck, Newton, Winston this year... Only "ehhhhh maybe".  Neither Goff nor Paxton is worth the ransom. 

If Elliot or another top back is available go there, maybe an OT, an ILB who is not a complete liability in pass coverage. That's where I go with the 1st pick. Stop with the pass rushing OLB we have 3 first round picks on the DL let them generate the rush.

how can we stop ... Is Calvin pace suppose to start for another year ? with  Maudlin in coples spot we no one else seems like a legit need to me  along with pretty much But I agree could go for a upgrade at MLB too. 

if he's any good no way he makes it to 20 - too many teams like the jets need a qb

Tackle. Breno is garbage and Brick is nearing the end of the line. It's time to start being proactive before the line really turns into a problem.

see if the 49ers are willing to give us the rights to Anthony Davis for a mid round pick

If you're gonna trade the farm, you do it for Luck. Newton... Even Mariota/Winston.... You don't trade your crown Jewels in for Locker, Gabbert - or Manuel... 

There is no Luck, Newton, Winston this year... Only "ehhhhh maybe".  Neither Goff nor Paxton is worth the ransom. 

Plus, we may not need to trade up for Goff. I still remember when people were saying Geno & Bridgewater would go #1 overall. The draft works in mysterious ways. 

Archived