Don't bring Fitzpatrick back

cookiemonsta

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as usual wrong.  Ty again.  While not trolling. 

He got us to 10-6, we wouldn't have been anywhere near the playoffs without him.  Unless you're telling me the Jets were 11 win plus team and he held them back

Jets would have been an 11-win playoff team if your hero did not lay an egg in Buffalo.

MichiganState_logo.gif Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State  
Height: 6-4. Weight: 218.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.60. 
Projected Round (2016): 1-3. 

1/9/16: Sources say that Cook has good height, weight and delivery, but a number of evaluators don't really like him. They think he's too inaccurate and question his lack of leadership with his team not voting him a team captain. If one highly touted quarterback prospect slides like others have in years past, Cook could be the prime candidate
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016QB.php#rmT5yH2cX0XferDc.99

lack of leadership?!?! Sounds like another Geno Smith...

Jets would have been an 11-win playoff team if your hero did not lay an egg in Buffalo.

And if he didn't play as well as he did like, I'd not know, when he outplayed Brady and won they would never had been in position to win their 11th.  

And you know that. Just doesn't fit the troll agenda

We aren't getting Connor cook at 20?!! Jet fans can be so dumb sometimes 

while some think they know it all.

Lots of QBs fall.  There are more than a few QBs coming out with similar, half assed ratings.  He could easily fall, there aren't that many looking to draft these questionable QBs in the first round. 

If he's sitting there at 20 I pray we pass on him.  

Yeah, dumb

while some think they know it all.

Lots of QBs fall.  There are more than a few QBs coming out with similar, half assed ratings.  He could easily fall, there aren't that many looking to draft these questionable QBs in the first round. 

If he's sitting there at 20 I pray we pass on him.  

Yeah, dumb

if Connor cook falls to 20 feel free to make a fool out of me. Ain't happening pal

Since this was a post from cookiemonsta I thought he was going to somehow correlate his Fitzpatrick opinion with some sort of impending weather system.  Disappointed.

Well, Fitz did enjoy an unusually mild late fall/winter here in the northeast, before struggling in his only real bad weather day in Buffalo. If cookie can predict a normal or unusually cold football season next year, that'll serve to strengthen his case. 

I have no confidence in him anytime he passes and I am just hoping he doesn't cost us the game. His numbers have also been decent but he has never won or got into the playoffs. Don't resign him. I want Conner Cook, I love his accuracy... love it.

Fitzpatrick being at qb, you to have to hold your breath every time. One year wonder. 

I want Conner Cook at pick 20.

Sorta like the rest of us when it comes to your weather "predictions."

I have no confidence in him anytime he passes and I am just hoping he doesn't cost us the game. His numbers have also been decent but he has never won or got into the playoffs. Don't resign him. I want Conner Cook, I love his accuracy... love it.

Fitzpatrick being at qb, you to have to hold your breath every time. One year wonder. 

Today's Forecast:  Heavy negreps with a 98% chance of community moderation.

OP's are warned to seek shelter immediately.

The problem I have is that this is not an accurate statement. Fitz did NOT have a great season.

We have been a run first defensive oriented team for 16 years. In that 16 years the NFL has completely changed offensively, from rules to promote offense, to better players. to better schemes.

When you couple the teams philosophy with a progression of pretty average to bad QBs, you wind up with a situation where Jets QBs have essentially done nothing from a statistics standpoint as the NFL passed them by.

So Fitz had an extremely low bar to jump over to set Jets records, And he did that. So compared to previous Jets QBs he had a "great" year.

But in today's NFL his performance was very AVERAGE, and very much bolstered by a super easy schedule and the best #1/#2 WR combo in the NFL. 

Quite simply Jets fans are deluding themselves in thinking he had a great year. He played well, but average. And he is very very unlikely to be even average next year.

Bringing back Fitz at short money to compete for the starting spot is fine. To annoint him is completely foolish. He is still a JAG

When you compare Fitz to what the Jets QBs have done here over the past 15 years, he played great.

A lot of people are selling Cook short in this thread.  He hurt himself coming back for his senior year I think he was a lock for the first round last year.

1) The O-line for state was decimated for most of the season leading to a lot of pressures/sacks.

2) His receivers were way below what he had 2-3 years ago.  So many dropped passes and wrong routes.

3) He hurt his shoulder against the Terps and was battling the injury even in the playoff game.

I'm bias so I will spare you all the predictable response I would have about drafting him at 20 (which I don't think he will be available at anyway) but I see him being a starter in the NFL and don't even compare him to that polished turd Geno.

A lot of people are selling Cook short in this thread.  He hurt himself coming back for his senior year I think he was a lock for the first round last year.

1) The O-line for state was decimated for most of the season leading to a lot of pressures/sacks.

2) His receivers were way below what he had 2-3 years ago.  So many dropped passes and wrong routes.

3) He hurt his shoulder against the Terps and was battling the injury even in the playoff game.

I'm bias so I will spare you all the predictable response I would have about drafting him at 20 (which I don't think he will be available at anyway) but I see him being a starter in the NFL and don't even compare him to that polished turd Geno.

The point isn't comparing him to our bust draft pick Geno.

It's comparing him to Fitz, Petty and every other possible available QB this offseason.

How he stacks to Geno is irrelevant, same way Geno is irrelevant.

Well, Fitz did enjoy an unusually mild late fall/winter here in the northeast, before struggling in his only real bad weather day in Buffalo. If cookie can predict a normal or unusually cold football season next year, that'll serve to strengthen his case. 

He struggled because the defense couldn't get him the ball with the wind, and receivers were dropping passes all day. Look at Aaron Rodgers numbers today with versus against the wind. The Bills took advantage of the wind and a horrible punt to go up 13-0, and extended drive after drive in that game.

How many playoff games has Cook won?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived