Things Jets fans are tired of hearing

Maxman

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:09 PM, AFJF said:

I've always laughed when people assume I'm a Mets fan, as if I'm only interested in following NY teams who don't win championships.  Funny thing is, I started following sports in 87, right after the Giants and Mets won championships....had no interest in jumping on a bandwagon and loved me some Donnie Baseball.

Pretty much in the same boat.  started following a little earlier. Jets, Rangers, Yanks, *cough cough* knicks *cough cough*. still tend to root for underdogs in college bowl games when FSU isn't involved.

On 2/24/2016 at 0:06 PM, Maxman said:

You play in Giants stadium.

You must be from Long Island, only Jets fans on Long Island.

Maybe some day your big brother will let you win a Super Bowl.

The butt fumble, do you remember the butt fumble?

I want to kiss you.

Super Bowl Three was a long time ago.

Do you root for the Mets? I was told that all Jets fans are Mets fans.

How about im tired about hearing how we could have won it all with CHAD had he stayed healthy.

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jets fans should be tired of hearing......

Jim Nantz on CBS

actually we should want to hear his voice b/c he is part of their #1 team.  if he is calling our games that means we are a good team.  so whether we like or dislike him we should want him calling our games.(for me I get the double whammy w/ him- Pats homer and duke homer so I am not a fan).

1 minute ago, isired said:

New Jersey Jets

that is a good one or how Buffalo is the only New York team.  I love that one, people don't understand the "New York" in our name represents NYC and we play in NYC metro area.  East Rutherford is actually closer to NYC than Orchard park(where the Bills play) is to Buffalo.

16 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

"Y'all would be good if you had a Quarterback"

"You guys are really garbage"

"Who did y'all play good this year?" 

"Geno Smith is your quarterback."

"When's the last time you won a super bowl?"

Where the heck do you live where everyone is saying y'all to you?

The sh*t i heard on multiple occasions, usually from casual football fans:

"Oh...that must be kinda depressing, right?"

"Yeah, the team isn't very good, but that new stadium's really something, huh? You ever been?"

"Damn, how much money do you spend watching these guys?"............ "Wow, that's crazy. I mean, you're pretty dedicated...i could never spend that much money on a sports team."

"Like....Is it worth it?"

"Oh yeaaaaah, you guys were good about 6 years ago right? Didn't you guys make the Championship game or something...? That must have been nice..."

"Mark Sanchez played for you guys, right? Wasn't he was sort of good back in the day?"

"That Revis guy is still pretty good, right?"

"Rex Ryan, how did you guys let him coach for so long?"

"Yeah, friend of mine's a Jets fan too. He's always got something to complain about."

"You guys DID win a Superbowl a long time ago right?"

"Dude...i totally get where you're coming from. I'm a <insert obscure sports team I don't give a sh*t about> fan myself, i KNOW how it feels...trust me, it'll get better."

"I'm a Giants fan...thank god."

44 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Uh no it's not. 1 game does not make 16. That is logic. No matter what the conditions. 

If you are going to judge a player on one game out of many, unless it's the Super Bowl, it is not fair

it's very fair, what good is a player if they melt in big games?  

19 hours ago, nyjunc said:

it's very fair, what good is a player if they melt in big games?  

Completely agree.  i could be wrong about this, but i believe that Fitz has made in the neighborhood of 50 million dollars in his career.  He is without doubt one of the most grossly overpaid nfl players in history.  at least sanchez got us into the playoffs.  plus that beard:  i think it makes him look ridiculous.  sorry about this bias, but i don;t think it projects a good image to the rest of the team.  there is something off about it, as is with his style of play.  he is not, and will never be, a born winner -- except in the salary lotto that is the nfl nowadays.

1 minute ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Completely agree.  i could be wrong about this, but i believe that Fitz has made in the neighborhood of 50 million dollars in his career.  He is without doubt one of the most grossly overpaid nfl players in history.  at least sanchez got us into the playoffs.  plus that beard:  i think it makes him look ridiculous.  sorry about this bias, but i don;t think it projects a good image to the rest of the team.  there is something off about it, as is with his style of play.  he is not, and will never be, a born winner -- except in the salary lotto that is the nfl nowadays.

I agree partially, he did convert me somewhat last year but it's hard to get that Buffalo game out of my head.  we'll see what he can do this year.

Archived