EAGLES/BRADFORD Agree to terms, sets market possibly for Fitz

JETSfaninNE

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

MUCH MORE REASSURING when you see the ACTUAL #s on Bradford's deal. As stated before, Fitzy HAS TO REALIZE he can't price himself out of his only legit shot to Play, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, SUCCEED on the field. 

I don't think he gets close to this type of deal. He's not a dumb guy.  Everyone trying to say this  hurts our negotions is overlooking the fact that the Eagles are still paying Bradford based on his potential.  Fitzpatrick doesn't have that type of long term potential. 

All that being said, if he gets a 10mil+ offer from a team like the Rams?  F*ck it.  Let him walk and figure out a plan B.  He's not worth that much.  Love him for last year, but I have no desire to become 2010 Bills part 2 Electric Bugaloo.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don't think he gets close to this type of deal. He's not a dumb guy.  Everyone trying to say this  hurts our negotions is overlooking the fact that the Eagles are still paying Bradford based on his potential.  Fitzpatrick doesn't have that type of long term potential. 

All that being said, if he gets a 10mil+ offer from a team like the Rams?  F*ck it.  Let him walk and figure out a plan B.  He's not worth that much.  Love him for last year, but I have no desire to become 2010 Bills part 2 Electric Bugaloo.

From your typing fingers to his agent's greedy, based on commission, ears. 

praying-hands-emoji-c6dc99b0858cea4c1373

51 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't see how the Jets don't sign Fitz, I just can't see them trying to sell us the 2016 Jets led by Geno Smith.

I agree Fitz makes sense in total.  If Fitz could bring Chan with him then I could see him going elsewhere but in the alternative called reality he stays a Jet...

I was going to post a sarcastic post here about bringing Sanchez back but I now I have thought better of it and the board I am sure is all the better for it..... :) 

IF GMs have one huge wealness almost uniformly, it is their inability to give up on their initial evaluation especially a #1 pick. On no planet is Bradford worth anywhere near that money. He has never even proven he is good, and he is as durable as an ice sculpture yet he gets chance after chance after chance. I do not get it. As much of a JAG as Fitz is, he is unquestionably better than Bradford and the Jets FO will make their first mistake and pay him a lot of money.

Fitzy's 2015 season was aberration. You can't pick one year and simply look at stats and determine how good he is. He faced sh*tty Ds most of the year. Its not apples to apples. Fitzy isn't worth anything North of $6mil. I'd much rather let him walk and keep Snacks if that happens as there is no drop off between him and Geno, who seems to be playing for free.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

IF GMs have one huge wealness almost uniformly, it is their inability to give up on their initial evaluation especially a #1 pick. On no planet is Bradford worth anywhere near that money. He has never even proven he is good, and he is as durable as an ice sculpture yet he gets chance after chance after chance. I do not get it. As much of a JAG as Fitz is, he is unquestionably better than Bradford and the Jets FO will make their first mistake and pay him a lot of money.

I dunno . . . Ice sculptures are PRETTY solid & durable in Minnesota, Alaska, Montana, Northern Wisconsin, Upstate NY, Upper Michigan, North Dakota, and other territories average 40-45 F degree weather annually. :-)

But yes, he is SOFT as Mr. PussyKitty's online Jets forum arguments. :-) 

I hate to say it because I was hoping we'd keep Fitz but IMHO he's not worth more than 8m/yr plus 2-3m in incentives and oh how i would love it if he exceeded the incentives.  If there is a bidding war of some sort for him then we are automatically out of the market.  We can't hamstring ourselves yet once again.  

The upside of the bidding war scenario is that we have an extra 8m in cap space this year.  The downside is we roll with Geno.  However, please keep in mind we had an 8-8 season with Geno under center once upon a time and that was done with a lot less skill position talent than we have now.  So it's hardly tanking.

Sometimes you just have to make tough choices with an eye to the future.  ps: I'm praying we find a trading partner for Mo.  (fk him and the horse he rode in on looking to break our backs with his contract). No big deal since we have good DL depth.  

49 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Fitzy's 2015 season was aberration. You can't pick one year and simply look at stats and determine how good he is. He faced sh*tty Ds most of the year. Its not apples to apples. Fitzy isn't worth anything North of $6mil. I'd much rather let him walk and keep Snacks if that happens as there is no drop off between him and Geno, who seems to be playing for free.

You lose all credibility saying Fitz to Geno is no dropoff

might as well say there is no drop-off from banging Marissa Tomei to banging Rosanne Barr

20 minutes ago, ljr said:

You lose all credibility saying Fitz to Geno is no dropoff

might as well say there is no drop-off from banging Marissa Tomei to banging Rosanne Barr

No one can know either way. Geno could be worse or dramatically better. Geno has far superior skills but people think he is too dumb. Fitz is smart, but has proven he is very limited on the field. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Bradford is on a new team because a crappy trade made by Chip Kelly during his time spent dismantling the Eagles talent. The GM now in charge of Philly didn't trade for him and didn't draft him, this makes zero sense at all.

Just now, SayNoToDMC said:

Bradford is on a new team because a crappy trade made by Chip Kelly during his time spent dismantling the Eagles talent. The GM now in charge of Philly didn't trade for him and didn't draft him, this makes zero sense at all.

The new GM paid him. And the ONLY justification for paying him,is justifying it on the potential you think he has from his college evaluation and grade. Valued on what he has actually done in the NFL he is a $3M a year back up talent.

4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

The Eagles are an idiot organization.  Friggin idiots.  How the F do you give Bradford that freakin contract?  He sucks and is always injured the one season he wasn't injured your team sucked and he underwhelmed.

IDIOTS

How does Bradford always get the big contracts despite his injuries and sucktitude on the field?

He's the Frito Bandito.  Always gets away with it.

Rollo Tomasi. 

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Let Fitz walk for that.  I'm not being glib or flippant.

Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't win you a superbowl.  hand the keys to Petty, draft anybody.

Our GM and coaching staff think differently, witness the train wreck next season.

14 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I have a feeling that Fitz contract will have to wait until the Wilkerson deal is done.... to clear cap room and try and sign some other FA.

Mo can really screw the Jets by taking his time to negotiate, causing the Jets to miss out on quality FAs.

Great point. Unless Maccagnan wants to so badly front load a contract on a player everyone knows he'd (ideally) like to replace as starter already, 

Mo isn't screwing the Jets no matter what he does, as much as I'm in favor of taking the highest pick we can get for him. He played under a $7M contract last year and had a $1M base salary the year before, while far lesser players were inking deals with tens of millions guaranteed for injury.

The Jets made Mo wait for a couple of years. This is now his time to play the waiting game, and I'm quite sure he would rather not have been tagged in the first place. He made it to this point without a devastating, career-killing injury; but that week 17 broken leg surely smacked him in the head with him how quickly his career can end (in case he would have otherwise suffered from Invincibility Syndrome this spring).

If the Jets miss out on quality FAs then this is the Jets' risk by tagging him. We don't get to tag him against his will and then cry that he's screwing us. Mo isn't screwing anybody even if he gives us the finger in negotiations and then holds out all the way through the end of August. 

I don't know if anybody really wants to overpay Fitz. He's not getting Bradford type money. He's never been evaluated to be on that level. The guy was the overall no. 1 selection a few years ago and Fitz a 7th round pick. He's a good fit for the Jets but not for $18 mil. I can see him getting 25 for 2 all guaranteed. 

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I'm convinced Sam Bradford is the Kilgrave of the NFL. How the hell else are people convinced to pay him like this!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved the Kilgrave reference, and here I thought I was the only one who liked that series.

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

How does Bradford always get the big contracts despite his injuries and sucktitude on the field?

He's the Frito Bandito.  Always gets away with it.

Rollo Tomasi. 

I don't know what is more amazing.  The fact that anyone still thinks Bradford is good or that the Eagles have him that abortion of a contract.

11 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

JFC, Bradford sucks. That's an insane salary even for a deal that Philly can apparently get out of after a year. Hope we don't have to choose between Fitz and Wilkerson. 

i love the argument that Bradford was a first pick overall and that's why he gets all this money 

Chad Pennington was drafted 6 rounds ahead of Brady so he should be making more money right?

Archived