2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ThisYearsModel said:

Well it IS early, but so far, Fitz is playing this out very astutely.  He will get more $ from the Jets (or someone else) than he was going to get if he had signed already.

Not too sure I agree. The open QB spots will be filled and he may be left without a seat in this game of musical chairs. We shall see though. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Spite may have played a part, some have said he was pissed about being benched

Considering what Manning did in the Bowl 141 yds and a pick I guess he feels he could have done better and been a Bowl winning QB..:)

21 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

The latter, I think we end up with Fitz but it's going to be a lot of $$

why?  Where  else is he going where he can start?

Take $8 mill and start or be a back up somewhere else.  Take it or leave it Harvard man.

Just now, Dcat said:

why?  Where  else is he going where he can start?

Take $8 mill and start or be a back up somewhere else.  Take it or leave it Harvard man.

I think the Rams are a wildcard. He's going to get way more than $8, unfortunately

Just now, BroadwayJets said:

I think the Rams are a wildcard. He's going to get way more than $8, unfortunately

nope.  Rams just tendered Case Keenum at a round 1 level.  Its Foles and Keenum for them.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If that is true houston is pure stupid.  Can't wait to see Oswieler be a slight upgrade on ryan friggin mallet.  Laughable, but what is going to be worse is what we are going to end up paying Fitzpatrick and I'm a pro Fitz guy.

I know very little about Brock.  WHat are his pros and cons.  Why do you say the above?

Just now, Dcat said:

nope.  Rams just tendered Case Keenum at a round 1 level.  Its Foles and Keenum for them.

I think it's safe to say the Rams are not satisfied going into the year with Nick Foles and Case Keenum, again. The tender, in my opinion, was to get the Broncos to bite and get the first rounder. 

Just now, Dcat said:

I know very little about Brock.  WHat are his pros and cons.  Why do you say the above?

He won some games last year and looked okay doing so, on a team with the best D in the league, he didn't light anyone up to any great extent.  He hasn't done anything to justify an 18 mill a year contract.  10 tds, 6 ints. just over 60%, avg of 246 yards per game got sacked 23 times.  It's a huge risk for the houston if you ask me.

44 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well he just Qb'd the Texans to the division title.

.Look Geno has had probably 7 decent starts and some Ws  And nobody's giving him that kind of money.  And look the Broncos still went back to Peyton Manning. While O'Brien knows Qbs he's been through a lot of them in just a few seasons including Fitz. I don't think they know what they're doing overpaying for this guy. If O'Brien learned anything under Belichick is was don't overpay for talent. Esp unproven talent. 

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We need to still make some O line moves and finally put the panic to rest and sign Fitz.

Why is there any panic in having to sign Fitzpatrick? He was great. Lat year. He overachieved. Surrounded by pro bowl talent. He's an excellent "back up QB". If he wants stud money he should gfh. Yeah I'll take Geno for 1.6, Petty and another back up caliber FA over a 15M Fitzpatrick.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

increasingly clear that the jets will be drafting a rb day 2, and are not sold on fitzy.  mccags seems in play for a qb in rounds 1-3, definitely.

I find this refreshing. If you think you're gonna get another season that's on par or better than 2015 from Fitzpatrick you're stoned to daylights.

7 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick will officially be a free agent, and it seems the have kept things at arm's length. He'll be a free agent.

Between this and Forte, Macc is really impressing me.  Last year with all that money, things were easy.  Get Fitz to agree to a reasonable pay day, or see ya Fitz.

Archived