Wrist Surgery for Revis

Raideraholic

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Clearly the reason he wasn't at his usual level. Wonder why he waited this long to have the surgery though.

Apparently he thought it was a mild sprain during the season and ignored it until he had it checked after the season.

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Apparently he thought it was a mild sprain during the season and ignored it until he had it checked after the season.

Also football players walk around with things that would cripple a normal person

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Also football players walk around with things that would cripple a normal person

I actually believe this angle is really over blown.  Not to denigrate the dangers of pro sports but they have FAR better treatment and analysis of injuries than joe schmoe work place injured guy or joe schmoe weekend athlete who at times have zero clue how bad they are hurt unless they break a friggin leg.

07b4f4f6bfaf36464401ede6d7d43e99.jpg

Im sorry thats beyond stupid to say. If u knew he was injured why wouldn't you switch up coverage!!!! Like alright start him off against watkins and see how he does, but as u see the game imploding u couldnt switch coverages?! So dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revis vs watkins

Word came out today that Darelle Revis underwent surgery for a torn ligament in his right wrist. He will be in a hard cast for 2 to 3 months, which will limit him in the offseason workouts. He is expected to be fully ready by training camp.

Manish Mehta has a really interesting thought on how this injury could have impacted the game plan against Sammy Watkins when the Jets played the Bills in Week 17. Look at the two games Watkins had against the Jets this year.

Week 3:  3 Receptions for 14 yards

Week 17:  11 Receptions for 136 yards

There was a lot of talk about Watkins facing zone coverage. This does seem to make a lot of sense, if Revis had a torn ligament in his wrist it would significantly impact his ability to jam receivers at the line of scrimmage.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
-cVycSbp_r8

Click here to read the full story...

40 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Meh. If you needed sturdy wrists to play football, how do you explain Tom Brady?

Man, it may not seem like a big issue to some, but trying to jam a wide receiver with a messed up wrist hurttttts at any level of football, nevermind the beasts of the NFL.

Timed it to miss camp hehe. But all jokes aside if he got hurt in week 3 and played the rest of the way hurt, you have to give it up to this guy. The soft coverage drove me nuts but rather he suck it up and play. He could of sat Out and avoided the criicisms but he hung in there. I take my hat off to him

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So Todd Bowles is not an idiot who cant adjust defensively. All of you should apologize.

And while I am sure Revis has lost a step, not being able to jam receivers leaves him more susceptible to being beat deep

Bowles should apologize for being dishonest. 

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Meh. If you needed sturdy wrists to play football, how do you explain Tom Brady?

Brady has developed strong wrists.  Just not through football, more from off field "workouts" with "friends"

Archived