Sam Bradford: I'm just going to put this here.

Integrity28

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

With Fitz unsigned and Smith at the top of the depth chart, the Jets have been reported to consider trading up only to lose out to the Rams and Eagles on the Wentz/Goff picks.  Lynch sounds kind of dumb to me.  Meanwhile the Jets have looked at Qb's ranging from Hoyer to Griffin to Kaepernick, and people here have talked about players like Glennon who is probably not available.

Here's a chance to sign a real NFL Qb with upside at a reasonable number.  Meanwhile Wilkerson is asking for too much money, and the Jets are clearly not interested in keeping him.  But who has been trying to trade for him?  No one I have heard about.

Swapping these guys is a classic case of both sides getting rid of problems they don't want anymore.  And it gives the Jets an answer to the fact that Fitz is asking for too much money, too.

What is nuts about that?

Their problem is far bigger than ours.  We can keep our problem for a full year and if we let him go next year we probably get a 3rd round comp pick at the worst.

They have a guy that is demanding a trade already with a large contract and most teams in this league have planned out their Qb situation already.  Our guy is a pro bowler, theirs is an injury prone guy who has looked good at times.

The Eagles will get nothing of great value for Bradford (3rd round pick maybe?), there certainly will be no bidding war.  You are acting as if the Jets want to just dump off wilk for anything they can get and you want to give up a 3rd rounder.  I don't buy it at all.

I guess we will find out sooner or later about the prospective values of these players.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

There's a million things I disagree with but only one that's objective - "a real NFL Qb"...

Exactly how many God damn seasons has Bradford played 16 games in - in his 6 year career? 1..? 1 freaking season?.. Does he even have a winning record?

Sam is the most overpaid mothertrucker in NFL history next to Matt Flynn. It's not 2009 anymore and he's not in Oklahoma.

Fck this guy. I'd rather have geno for 1/23 of the cost.

Football is a team sport.

Most of your other criticisms have been addressed elsewhere, and as for his current contract it is less favorable than the one Osweiler signed with Texas. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Their problem is far bigger than ours.  We can keep our problem for a full year and if we let him go next year we probably get a 3rd round comp pick at the worst.

They have a guy that is demanding a trade already with a large contract and most teams in this league have planned out their Qb situation already.  Our guy is a pro bowler, theirs is an injury prone guy who has looked good at times.

The Eagles will get nothing of great value for Bradford (3rd round pick maybe?), there certainly will be no bidding war.  You are acting as if the Jets want to just dump off wilk for anything they can get and you want to give up a 3rd rounder.  I don't buy it at all.

I guess we will find out sooner or later about the prospective values of these players.

I again am unaware of any team having interest in getting Wilkerson, and the logic behind that is that he's asking for too much money.  Whether a trade makes sense to another team depends to a large extent on how much the player will get paid.  That doesn't mean Wilkerson is not a great player.  Of course he is.  But if we can assume for the moment that there's not a lot of interest out there in him, what is the logical reason?  His cost.

Getting an NFL starting level quality Qb who just set a franchise record in completion percentage on a team with nobody but Sproles is not merely "anything they can get..."

I agree with your last sentence, although it is also quite possible inertia will keep Wilkerson on the Jets.

Football is a team sport.

Most of your other criticisms have been addressed elsewhere, and as for his current contract it is less favorable than the one Osweiler signed with Texas. 

Let me put it this way - the solution for this team is not to replace one aged veteran back up - with another overpriced one who can't stay healthy. Not to mention this team is going to be in the market for a rookie much like PHI was so Sam would going into an identical scenario.

DEN Is a fit. Not the Jets.

Just now, Paradis said:

Let me put it this way - the solution for this team is not to replace one aged veteran back up - with another overpriced one who can't stay healthy. Not to mention this team is going to be in the market for a rookie much like PHI was so Sam would going into an identical scenario.

DEN Is a fit. Not the Jets.

By they way it is my understanding that Bradford is completely healthy.  And at a net rate of $22 mil for two years he is not overpriced by today's standards.

I am not sure why you say if Bradford came to the Jets that it would be an equivalent situation to what the Eagles have.  The Eagles just went all in with a whopping pile of picks to get a prospect who has some big question marks.  Was that a move Macc would make?  I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

This is incorrect.  Sure he was coming back from injury last year and started out tentative.  In his last five games though he averaged over a 93 Qb rating, and beat the Pats among other big moments.  His CS was about to be fired and the only quality player he had was Sproles.  With Decker Marshall and Forte he'd imo give the Jets a better chance of the playoffs than Fitz or any of the others you mentioned.

Look up his stats from last year, and see how he improved.  That's what the Jets should look at.

Damn straight! Great post! Bradford could be a 5 year player for the Jets, especially if Clady plays like the stud he was & we add kickazz RT like Tyler Decker @ 20. Bradford might absolutely shine in Gaileys offense, you just never know. Eagles offense SUCKED last year, Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Forte/Powell is a huge step up.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

What does that have to do with Sam Bradford thinking he's a hot commodity? 

If you are implying the Jets would not improve with a trade for Bradford, it has everything to do with it.

The fact is most NFL teams are reasonably set at Qb, at least relative to the Jets.  They don't have the same incentive to go get him the Jets have.

Concededly the Jets are not the only team that could use an upgrade, but I have a hard time thinking of an NFL team in a worse place than the Jets.

In any event on your point this story just broke today.  You don't know what other teams might have an interest in Bradford.  Denver has certainly been mentioned.

14 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

If you are implying the Jets would not improve with a trade for Bradford, it has everything to do with it.

The fact is most NFL teams are reasonably set at Qb, at least relative to the Jets.  They don't have the same incentive to go get him the Jets have.

Concededly the Jets are not the only team that could use an upgrade, but I have a hard time thinking of an NFL team in a worse place than the Jets.

In any event on your point this story just broke today.  You don't know what other teams might have an interest in Bradford.  Denver has certainly been mentioned.

I'm implying he's terrible and I laugh at him demanding a trade.  

As it pertains to the Jets, they'd be flat out morons to cough up a pick or player to get a guy like him with that contract when they could sign Fitz to the same contract (or less) without giving up any capital. 

The story didnt break today.  The story broke when the Eagles mortgaged the future for the 2nd overall pick.  He's just now saying it publicly. 

I am so sick of all this Fitzpatrick praise - at best he is Pat Ryan redux - last year he played above his head most of the time....and when he didn't he was tossing dead quaills that either were intercepted or shud have been.  People who want him back do not recognize how incredible and rare it is to have a tandem of wr's like Marshall and Decker - who both played their hearts out - ran routes accurately and out-muscled the defenders for position -  -  -  its not always all about speed - its about execution and those two know how to execute.  Greg McElroy could make the pro-bowl playing with them.

Now for Sam Bradford..we have never had a QB of Sam Bradford's pedigree - NO Not Namath, Not Farve Not Kenny O - -Bradford is not a gunslinger - he is the full package - Brains, Accuracy, Poise and Arm Strength.  He has the skill to be a super bowl QB.  Yes he is an injury risk - and he is a pure pocket passer - but Fitz is an injury risk due to his recklessness.   IMHO the Jets would be nuts to pass on an opportunity to add him.   If the Jets got him, and if he were healthy (as well as all the other key players) the Jets instantly become a legitimate contender.  

Just now, deucebag said:

I am so sick of all this Fitzpatrick praise - at best he is Pat Ryan redux - last year he played above his head most of the time....and when he didn't he was tossing dead quaills that either were intercepted or shud have been.  People who want him back do not recognize how incredible and rare it is to have a tandem of wr's like Marshall and Decker - who both played their hearts out - ran routes accurately and out-muscled the defenders for position -  -  -  its not always all about speed - its about execution and those two know how to execute.  Greg McElroy could make the pro-bowl playing with them.

Now for Sam Bradford..we have never had a QB of Sam Bradford's pedigree - NO Not Namath, Not Farve Not Kenny O - -Bradford is not a gunslinger - he is the full package - Brains, Accuracy, Poise and Arm Strength.  He has the skill to be a super bowl QB.  Yes he is an injury risk - and he is a pure pocket passer - but Fitz is an injury risk due to his recklessness.   IMHO the Jets would be nuts to pass on an opportunity to add him.   If the Jets got him, and if he were healthy (as well as all the other key players) the Jets instantly become a legitimate contender.  

ha

4 minutes ago, deucebag said:

POTW

lmfao

45 minutes ago, deucebag said:

I agree, but his salary is a problem .  If he would do something about that salary, I could and would make that deal . Anyone with the ability to admit the truth would admit that what Jaworski said about Fitzpatrick is the truth . We would also have to upgrade the RT position if we want to keep Bradford healthy .

Sam Bradford is a QB that could win you a Superbowl. For anyone into metrics and that has followed the most accurate QB/Least interceptable QB's Sam Bradford has been top 3-5 in the league the last few years with some sh*tty WR's. 

On the contrast Ryan Fitzpatrick was one of the worst last year. 

Getting Sam Bradford would be like the Cardinals getting Carson Palmer except Bradford is only 28. If we get this guy and he's healthy expect a legit contender and All pro upside at QB right away. Because if Fitzpatrick can get 30 TD's Bradford can put up ridiculous numbers in this offense without the turnovers. He could be a homerun for Mac and Bowles. 

David Carr Syndrome potential candidate? 

The DCS is an invisible ailment that affects the once-thought-of-as-a-"can't miss" very high draft pick who, after years of squandering at the bottom of the heap on a crappy NFL franchise the player is eventually brought down to the level OF said team to which he was drafted and mentally he will never reach his potential, just as David Carr of the Texans was ruined by poor teams, sieve-like offensive lines, lousy coaches and clueless ownership Sam Bradford is showing the same signs going into his 6th year. He has missed 17 games and has only completed 2 seasons out of 5 without getting injured.

Even though the numbers aren't horrible, I fear he's damaged goods and the Jets would be wise to just stay away, and no WAY is this player equal in talent to Mo Wilk.

Just heard on Path to the draft that because the Eagles are on the hook for 11 mil of Bradford's contract, any team that trades for him would only have a 7 mil cap hit this year and a 4 mil guarantee next year . His salary to me is no longer a problem if true. The only issue would be what would we have to give up for him .  I would be willing to give up a 2nd for him .

Forget Fitzpatrick and go get this cat.

4 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Exactly.  This is the kind of self entitled A hole that I do NOT want on my team.  PASS.

Yeah, you'd be whining that he had no balls for accepting that the deal he signed, to be the starting QB was taken away.  As if any QB would be ok with it.  Player have come out in his defense, Bradford would never have signed a contract in Philly if they told him he was a 1 year starter.  

Only an assh0le would accept being lied to because he's being paid.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Why is everyone acting like the Eagle are going to be ok paying 11 million for nothing?  

Not true,  with my deal, they paid 11 mil + for a 2nd round pick.  The Eagles made that deal knowing what might happen .

16 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Just heard on Path to the draft that because the Eagles are on the hook for 11 mil of Bradford's contract, any team that trades for him would only have a 7 mil cap hit this year and a 4 mil guarantee next year . His salary to me is no longer a problem if true. The only issue would be what would we have to give up for him .  I would be willing to give up a 2nd for him .

This is it.  Basically we would be on the hook over 2 seasons for what Fitz is asking for per season. 

as much as I am unimpressed with this rookie class, I still think its better in the long run to take a shot at one of them and develop them while they are young and cheap

bradford is injury prone and expensive and now it looks like he can't handle competition like a man so

pass

1 minute ago, Larz said:

as much as I am unimpressed with this rookie class, I still think its better in the long run to take a shot at one of them and develop them while they are young and cheap

bradford is injury prone and expensive and now it looks like he can't handle competition like a man so

pass

If you trade for Bradford, it doesn't prevent you from drafting a QB of the future . My QB interest in this draft is as follows.

Carson Wentz - we got no chance

Connor Cook  - Depends on where we want to take him and have it be value

Christian Hackenberg - see Connor Cook

Jacoby Brissett  -  Kid is big, hard to get on the ground and can sling the rock . I call him "Baby Ben".

Pick your poison

35 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I will give you the contract point, but I'm am floored by the people entertaining the thought of giving up picks/players to get Bradford when they can go get Hoyer or Fitzpatrick.

7 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

why would mccags use bradford over fitz, when fitz already has the offense down and is a lockerroom leader?  why must we always debate other team's retreads?

well....that would depend on if he thinks bradford is better. i'd say no to the trade if it were up to me. fitzpatrick really isn't better though

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is it.  Basically we would be on the hook over 2 seasons for what Fitz is asking for per season. 

No. That $7M + $4M is for ONE year. And it might be more than that for 1 year.

It's (effectively):

$11M for 1 year (MINIMUM amount guaranteed for 1 yr of play).

$13M more for 1 additional year ($4M guaranteed is not optional)

The reason it's MINIMUM is if he gets seriously hurt again then add another $4M guaranteed for playing for us in 2016

Don't look at it as 2016 cap hits or 2017 cap hits. It's just total cap hits. 

If he miraculously gets injured badly again he would get $15M just for the 2016 season (if we cut him before 2017). Oh yeah, plus a draft pick.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No. That $7M + $4M is for ONE year. And it might be more than that for 1 year.

It's (effectively):

$11M for 1 year (MINIMUM amount guaranteed for 1 yr of play).

$13M more for 1 additional year ($4M guaranteed is not optional)

The reason it's MINIMUM is if he gets seriously hurt again then add another $4M guaranteed for playing for us in 2016

Don't look at it as 2016 cap hits or 2017 cap hits. It's just total cap hits. 

If he miraculously gets injured badly again he would get $15M just for the 2016 season (if we cut him before 2017).

Thought it was the 7 mil for this season and 4 in guaranteed money next season if you dumped him.  

If you're right that's a big difference if he fails.

Archived