Report: Fitzpatrick Prepared to Accept One-Year Deal From Jets

JetNation

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ok another fitz lover.. It's obvious if you actually can comprehend reading through the lines.. Jets want fitz but at the right price. They don't have much cap space this yr if you don't realize.. They were willing to spread 24 over 3. get out your calculator. What is 24 divided by 3? The only thing we do know for sure is the jets refused 12 for one year. For cap reasons and because he isn't worth it. We know fitz is making counter offers now.. Just nowhere near still what jets want to pay him.. I highly doubt fitz proposed he would play 1 yr for 8. If he leaked that to the media like he did for 1 yr for 12 he would be putting the jets in a tough spot not to accept.. I think the players, fans, and media would be all over jets to sign off on it.. 

now I need to read thru the lines? like I said. stop spewing your nonsense as facts. most of your post is opinion, lets keep it that way. you call me a fitz lover while you blow geno? yea.ok. I am a fitz "lover". get a grip

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, my latest response was directed to you....yet you ignored 2 paragraphs just to comment on the very last sentence of my quote. 

But I'll take that into consideration, the next time I respond with a quote to Ranger9, dont quote it expecting not to get some of the conversation that you originally wasnt part of. ;)

whats up, vtf? hows your weekend going?

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Chillin bro. Slow motion today. I was supposed to drive to Hamburg but the party I was supposed to attend unfortunately was canceled. Whats up with you? 

took the kids paint balling this morning. got welts all over me. figured out I cant shoot worth a sh*t. am exhausted and believe I am confined to sofa duty for the rest of the day. thank god for laptops

10 minutes ago, ylekram said:

took the kids paint balling this morning. got welts all over me. figured out I cant shoot worth a sh*t. am exhausted and believe I am confined to sofa duty for the rest of the day

Those paint pellets are no joke. When I lived in NY my friends and I used to drive down to Pennsylvania to go paintballing. There's a bit of a learning curve (literally) depending on your paintball gun. Depending on the pressure and the barrel the paint pellets will curve quite often. The first few times going paintball shooting I realized that I wasnt as accurate at particular distances given the eventual curve of the pellet. 

I literally thought in the beginning that I was experiencing some sort of coriolis effect, then I realized that the guns provided at the paintball grounds were just crappy. Guys who often went to the grounds had their own guns. Once I was able to use/borrow some of those guns I immediately realized the difference! 

Also, you have to wear thick sweaters/sweatpants. Depending on the gun you get shot with those pellets will leave a mark on ya! lol. Were the pellets curving or are you just a bad shot? If you took the grounds gun I would assume that it isnt you. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Those paint pellets are no joke. When I lived in NY my friends and I used to drive down to Pennsylvania to go paintballing. There's a bit of a learning curve (literally) depending on your paintball gun. Depending on the pressure and the barrel the paint pellets will curve quite often. The first few times going paintball shooting I realized that I wasnt as accurate at particular distances given the eventual curve of the pellet. 

I literally thought in the beginning that I was experiencing some sort of coriolis effect, then I realized that the guns provided at the paintball grounds were just crappy. Guys who often went to the grounds had their own guns. Once I was able to use/borrow some of those guns I immediately realized the difference! 

Also, you have to wear think sweaters/sweatpants. Depending on the gun you get shot with those pellets will leave a mark on ya! lol. Were the pellets curving or are you just a bad shot? If you took the grounds gun I would assume that it isnt you. 

probably a combination of both. I can shoot a real AR just fine. we rented the guns from the place, but one of my kids friends had his own equipment. when you got hit, you could definitely tell the difference. the bastards ambushed me and machine gunned the hell out of me.lol after that I told the kid who had his own gun to either turn his air pressure down or don't shoot me no more. I got a few welts that are about 4 inches in diameter

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

probably a combination of both. I can shoot a real AR just fine. we rented the guns from the place, but one of my kids friends had his own equipment. when you got hit, you could definitely tell the difference. the bastards ambushed me and machine gunned the hell out of me.lol after that I told the kid who had his own gun to either turn his air pressure down or don't shoot me no more. I got a few welts that are about 4 inches in diameter

LOL! Thats cool man. You have to be aware of those professional kids. Nothing is more depressing than being owned by a 13 year old pro paint baller with his own custom rifle and skull covered face mask....then having to hear from him how he destroyed you while sitting in the backseat of your car while driving everyone back home! lol. It'll haunt you for days! ;)

Cheers to you though, those are experiences your children will remember even as adults. 

37 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, my latest response was directed to you....yet you ignored 2 paragraphs just to comment on the very last sentence of my quote. 

But I'll take that into consideration, the next time I respond with a quote to Ranger9, dont quote it expecting not to get some of the conversation that you originally wasnt part of. ;)

Dont waste your time or efforts these guys just dont get it and never will. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

LOL! Thats cool man. You have to be aware of those professional kids. Nothing is more depressing than being owned by a 13 year old pro paint baller with his own custom rifle and skull covered face mask....then having to hear from him how he destroyed you while sitting in the backseat of your car while driving everyone back home! lol. It'll haunt you for days! ;)

Cheers to you though, those are experiences your children will remember even as adults. 

its as if you were there. that's exactly what happened. down to the skull covered mask.lol. payback is a bitch tho. I got some "chores" that need attending

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

yes, jowilly. some people will have a different opinion than yours. they just wont ever get that your opinion is always right. they just don't get it

9 minutes ago, ylekram said:

its as if you were there. that's exactly what happened. down to the skull covered mask.lol. payback is a bitch tho. I got some "chores" that need attending

And dont let up a minute on the chores! lol Just know that 13 years olds dont forget, especially when they know that you'll eventually be taking them back to the paintball grounds! So watch your back. :D

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And dont let up a minute on the chores! lol Just know that 13 years olds dont forget, especially when they know that you'll eventually be taking them back to the paintball grounds! So watch your back. :D

after the ass wooping I took today, I might take them back, but will watch from the sidelines. whatever endeavor we decide to go on where somebody is going to get torn up, I will make sure, whatever that is, the odds will be in my favor:D let them heal up for a week. not me

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Wrong again.. I see you are more pro-fitz than you are pro -jets ? Betting on yourself would be to take the one yr deal  for 7 -8 million the jets would sign off on today and play for a multi -yr deal next yr. But fitz would rather gamble his chance at by far the perfect opportunity with the jets and holdout for more $$$ than "bet on himself "as  you pathetically claim he is doing.

He is risking the chance that the jets may cut off negotiations and go with geno. Their patience is running thin and he is smart enough to know this.. The players or management may say " ok enough is enough we are now comfortable going with geno" these guys are bonding with him every day while fitz cries over a few mil. what they are saying about geno is encouraging.. Fitz is playing a dangerous who will blink 1st game.. He is doing the opposite of "betting on himself". He can sign for 8 mil one year instead of playing games holding out for a few more million .. That would be betting on yourself to say " I"ll take the 8mil one year deal and be underpaid because I'm betting on myself that next yr I'm going to cash in " he isn't doing that.. It's sad you can't see that because you are so in love with fitz. 

Being Pro Fitz IS Pro Jets because Geno SUCKS. Fitz may have to settle for less in a one year deal. But is there any problem with Fitz trying to maximize his salary even in a one year deal? That's called common sense. You'd do the same thing so stop trying to tell me I'm wrong. You're wrong in the first place for trying to support that idiot Geno. But like I said already,  Fitz will be a FA next season guaranteed.

And because Fitz is smart (apparently much smarter than you) he is not risking the Jets going with Geno. If the Jets go with Geno it would spell Mike MacCagnan and Todd Bowles doom. The fan base would turn on them so fast right after Geno started pulling stupid sh*t on the field. Mac and Bowles are not that psychotic. So I guess you can't find the sum of 2 and 2?

I think when Fitz was asked by Buff to take a steep pay cut after not living up to that 59 mil contract he told them to take a hike. And they cut his ass. So he's capable of walking away from money. This time around he's worth the money. At least on a one year deal. 

41 minutes ago, ylekram said:

after the ass wooping I took today, I might take them back, but will watch from the sidelines. whatever endeavor we decide to go on where somebody is going to get torn up, I will make sure, whatever that is, the odds will be in my favor:D let them heal up for a week. not me

If you're going to sit on the sidelines then you can for sure go hard with the chores! lol. 

Good to see questions like this.  Seems like people are eventually learning.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/06/would_geno_smith_thrive_with_eric_decker_brandon_m.html

do you think marsh and deck could break their TD total from last year w/ Geno under center? We havent seen Geno w/ new offense

Really interesting question. When Geno Smith was the Jets' starting quarterback from 2013-14, his wide receivers weren't nearly as good as the Brandon Marshall-Eric Decker duo that thrived with Ryan Fitzpatrick last season. (And Smith's coordinator was the ineffective Marty Mornhinweg.) Smith did have Decker in 2014, but a hamstring injury limited Decker, who was the Jets' only real receiving threat that year. Of Fitzpatrick's 31 touchdowns last year, 14 went to Marshall, 12 to Decker. What would Smith do with the Marshall-Decker combo? The Jets' schedule is tougher this year, so I don't know if Marshall and Decker would combine for 26 touchdowns with Smith (or Fitzpatrick) under center. But I do think that between Smith's own development, and having better weapons, he wouldn't struggle as much as he did from 2013-14. If Smith winds up being the starter, that is. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Didn't know the response with my name was secretly for joewillynumnum either ... Learn something new every day

35 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Good to see questions like this.  Seems like people are eventually learning.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/06/would_geno_smith_thrive_with_eric_decker_brandon_m.html

do you think marsh and deck could break their TD total from last year w/ Geno under center? We havent seen Geno w/ new offense

Really interesting question. When Geno Smith was the Jets' starting quarterback from 2013-14, his wide receivers weren't nearly as good as the Brandon Marshall-Eric Decker duo that thrived with Ryan Fitzpatrick last season. (And Smith's coordinator was the ineffective Marty Mornhinweg.) Smith did have Decker in 2014, but a hamstring injury limited Decker, who was the Jets' only real receiving threat that year. Of Fitzpatrick's 31 touchdowns last year, 14 went to Marshall, 12 to Decker. What would Smith do with the Marshall-Decker combo? The Jets' schedule is tougher this year, so I don't know if Marshall and Decker would combine for 26 touchdowns with Smith (or Fitzpatrick) under center. But I do think that between Smith's own development, and having better weapons, he wouldn't struggle as much as he did from 2013-14. If Smith winds up being the starter, that is. 

Run backwards out of bounds, get sacked , throw an interception ... So hard to choose!

46 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think when Fitz was asked by Buff to take a steep pay cut after not living up to that 59 mil contract he told them to take a hike. And they cut his ass. So he's capable of walking away from money. This time around he's worth the money. At least on a one year deal. 

The Jets would seem to disagree. 

This Geno lover, Fitz lover bullsh!t we have going on here is just that, bullsh!t. The Jets don't love either one of these guys. Not even close. The prefer Fitz, but only if he's stabilizing the team's (backup) QB situation for the next three years. He's worth $12M in the first year only if he agrees to the two $6M years that follow. They like him as a stopgap/spot starter, and really want him to lead by example and teach Hackenberg and (maybe) Petty. That's his real value to them. 

But when it comes to just playing the QB position for a year, they don't see his value as significantly better than that of Geno Smith. Not $12M more, not $8M more. His value to them is as longer term stability. 

Which is why, a.) the deal remains on the table and, b.) the deal has been unchanged for months. And I wouldn't expect it to change. But I do expect Fitz to sign. This betting on himself nonsense is also silly. This is only the second time he's being offered a contract to be a starter in his career, and the Jets are the only team making that offer. Teams from the lowly Browns to the championship Broncos basically ignored him in free agency this year, and as a weak armed QB pushing 35 next year, he's unlikely to get his third offer to start. He needs to put his ego aside and sign the best deal he's going to get for the rest of his career. I think he will. 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

This Geno lover, Fitz lover bullsh!t we have going on here is just that, bullsh!t. The Jets don't love either one of these guys. Not even close. The prefer Fitz, but only if he's stabilizing the team's (backup) QB situation for the next three years. He's worth $12M in the first year only if he agrees to the two $6M years that follow. They like him as a stopgap/spot starter, and really want him to lead by example and teach Hackenberg and (maybe) Petty. That's his real value to them. 

But when it comes to just playing the QB position for a year, they don't see his value as significantly better than that of Geno Smith. Not $12M more, not $8M more. His value to them is as longer term stability. 

Which is why, a.) the deal remains on the table and, b.) the deal has been unchanged for months. And I wouldn't expect it to change. But I do expect Fitz to sign. This betting on himself nonsense is also silly. This is only the second time he's being offered a contract to be a starter in his career, and the Jets are the only team making that offer. Teams from the lowly Browns to the championship Broncos basically ignored him in free agency this year, and as a weak armed QB pushing 35 next year, he's unlikely to get his third offer to start. He needs to put his ego aside and sign the best deal he's going to get for the rest of his career. I think he will. 

Me too, but I hope he doesn't.

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Perfectly stated!! This should be the last Fitz Geno post until we find out If Fitz signs. 

5 hours ago, Larz said:

the problem macc has is his boss wants fitz, his star offensive players want fitz, and his HC would rather start me over geno

that is why there is a starter money offer on the table for 10 weeks now. 

The bolded part is obviously untrue, since they have 3 QBs on the roster right now - both smart, strong-armed, scouted & drafted in during the Maccagnan/Bowles era - and it couldn't be more obvious Bowles would make Smith his starter among the three. Fans hate Geno far, far more than Bowles or anyone at Florham Park. 

And it's not really starter money on the table either. It's a straight $8M/year contract. It is exactly a $6M signing bonus plus equal $6M salaries each year for 3 years. It is not a $12M starter salary for year 1, then a $6M backup salary for the last 2 years.

That is no different than arguing Joe Flacco is getting paid $44M just for this season alone, but next year he's only getting backup QB money since his 2007 salary is only $6M. Come on.

9 minutes ago, slats said:

I believe Big Mac is simply being a shrewd GM ... He gambled on the offers Fitz would (and would not) receive ... Let him test FA ... Saw there was nothing close to what we are offering Fitz at this time ... But wants to lock him in as a fort-holder for an extra 2 years if needed to give one of the young prospects the best chance to succeed as our franchise QB in the future ... No need to offer a much different package and negotiate against ourselves. Fitz's value is that stability ... It also is significantly better performance than Geno's in 2016 or else they wouldn't have jumped through all these hoops.

as far as Fitz wanting to bet on himself ... Do you think he expects to have a significantly worse, similar, or significantly better year in 2016 than 2015? I would say reasonable people would think he expects to perform at least similarly ... If he did he wouldn't want to be locked into a situation at 6 mil per year and utilized primarily as a backup for 2017,2018  ... Maybe it is possible to add some verbiage ... If he wins a Super Bowl / certain amount of playoff games there can be some escape clause from the deal ... Otherwise we seem to be offering far & away the best deal. JMO

i agree that he needs to shelve the ego & take the best deal he's going to be offered at this point of his career ... And also think he will

43 minutes ago, ljr said:

Run backwards out of bounds, get sacked , throw an interception ... So hard to choose!

Well at least you didn't say get close to a win, throw a red zone pick, throw two more for bonus points and piss away a shot at the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Also, you have to wear thick sweaters/sweatpants. Depending on the gun you get shot with those pellets will leave a mark on ya! lol. Were the pellets curving or are you just a bad shot? If you took the grounds gun I would assume that it isnt you.

Just to bring in a little physics here, you never have to worry about Coriolis effects (due to the Earth, at least) over distances as short as would be travelled by a paintball. Some folks think the direction a toilet swirls or the direction the water swirls down a bathtub is due to Corioils. Nah. Too short a distance. Coriolis affects the direction large air masses move in the atmosphere and affects the motion of a ballistic missile.But not something like a paintball or water swirling down a drain.

Sorry--just couldn't resist.

Just now, Jet Fan RI said:

Just to bring in a little physics here, you never have to worry about Coriolis effects (due to the Earth, at least) over distances as short as would be travelled by a paintball. Some folks think the direction a toilet swirls or the direction the water swirls down a bathtub is due to Corioils. Nah. Too short a distance. Coriolis affects the direction large air masses move in the atmosphere and affects the motion of a ballistic missile.But not something like a paintball or water swirling down a drain.

No problem. My understanding of the effect 10 years ago (Back when I was paintballing) and today....very different. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Don't be bringing no science Mumbo jumbo up in here like that!

2 hours ago, slats said:

Imo the owner and GM are trying to cover their ass in case they can't get a good Qb out of the 3. Mac seems very confident if not smug (it's like he's thinking "I'm Exec of the Year" and that he knows it all. The only reason he's Exec of the Year is Fitz gave him good Qb play, that's it. Without that no 10-6). We all know that Woody will throw anyone under the bus. Do you think he didn't agree to Idzik's moves including underspending the cap in 2014. Believe me Woody was on board with everything. It's not just about what's only good for the Jets present and future. There should be a compromise not just its our way or the highway. But maybe Mac wins this battle but loses the war. We had a good thing going into this offseason with Fitz and his teammates and now it's not so good. 

17 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Imo the owner and GM are trying to cover their ass in case they can't get a good Qb out of the 3. Mac seems very confident if not smug (it's like he's thinking "I'm Exec of the Year" and that he knows it all. The only reason he's Exec of the Year is Fitz gave him good Qb play, that's it. Without that no 10-6). We all know that Woody will throw anyone under the bus. Do you think he didn't agree to Idzik's moves including underspending the cap in 2014. Believe me Woody was on board with everything. It's not just about what's only good for the Jets present and future. There should be a compromise not just its our way or the highway. But maybe Mac wins this battle but loses the war. We had a good thing going into this offseason with Fitz and his teammates and now it's not so good. 

What did we win with Fitzpatrick?  We won the Snoopy Bowl we failed to make the playoffs with the easiest schedule win the league.

Archived