Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Well, this will make for a fun year. Injuries notwithstanding, the Jets should be a rather competitive team week in, week out. We couldn't ask for anything more seeing that only 2 years ago, this franchise was a basket case. Thank you Mac, and thank you Woody for finally coming to your senses.

Week 2 is going to be absolutely huge. If the jets lose to buffalo that gives them a 1-0 division lead going to NE to face the pats without brady. win and the team might have a shot at something this year

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I can't knock the deal, Geno is like the ultimate boom or bust project leaning heavily away from the boom lol.

I didn't want them to lock 35 - 40 million into Fitz. But they were special on offense last year. Now Fitz gets a chance to prove he can beat the top teams and if he does, he will get a big 3 year contract next year. And the Jets will be happy to pay it. Otherwise they can walk away and look at Hack or Petty.

Camp will be a lot of fun now.

Macc and the Jets actions peak louder than 1,000,000 forum posts about how they, the Jets, feel about Geno Smith.

We just paid Ryan Fitzpatrick 12-15 million dollars purely so we shouldn't have to see Geno Smith play QB.

We don't have to like it, but it's undeniable at this point how the Organization feels about Geno.

Now the question is what happens to Petty.  Cut loose, do we keep 4, or does someone else get cut, unlikely as that is?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Im asking is it? 

Oh, you said "that picture is from last year" and you left out the "?" so I read it as a statement.

No, Marshall tweeted it out a little bit ago.

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Week 2 is going to be absolutely huge. If the jets lose to buffalo that gives them a 1-0 division lead going to NE to face the pats without brady. win and the team might have a shot at something this year

I think 1-3 are absolutely huge, and all extremely winnable. Bengals are solid but they are without eifert, and playing at our place. We owe buffalo one, and I would be shocked if we come out flat in week 2.. Also, I feel the KC is extremely overrated, talk about cupcake schedule that was 100% them last season. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Why would I lie about something so menial I'm not a phone whore like many but I have an I-phone i use it for business and personal use again  I'm 53 not 83 

I know, it's weird. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Macc and the Jets actions peak louder than 1,000,000 forum posts about how they, the Jets, feel about Geno Smith.

We just paid Ryan Fitzpatrick 12-15 million dollars purely so we shouldn't have to see Geno Smith play QB.

We don't have to like it, but it's undeniable at this point how the Organization feels about Geno.

Now the question is what happens to Petty.  Cut loose, do we keep 4, or does someone else get cut, unlikely as that is?

Cut Geno if that's how the FO feels about him

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Ryan Tannehill stats is better than Fitz stats. Fitz wished he had a 4 year stretch that looked anything remotely close to this. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14876/ryan-tannehill

Yeah.   I live in S Florida.  The local press is going crazy about his contract.  He better deliver this year, or some folks are going to get killed in the press

4 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I agree completely. Geno has kept his mouth shut and worked hard all off-season, while Fitz has caused a distracted. If Fitz is worth the 12 million, he should win the job with ease. If Geno's game has evolved, his hard work will show, and he'll have the opportunity to win the job. If he sputters, you can quickly bring Fitz in by week 2 or 3. 

Geno has handled it well. I would expect when he sees Fitz for the first time Geno will give him five and a friendly welcome. But there is no Qb competition and he's not going to start. And Fitz isn't going to be his backup. One guy makes a million and the other guy makes 12. This is Fitz's team for 2016. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

DUMB move by an organization that hasnt won anything since 1969 and fans wonder why?  

Look no further signing a 34 year old gypsy journeyman QB who has never sniffed the playoffs. 

J-E-T-S  SAME OLD JETS making poor decisions that have cost this organization for years. 

I hope Geno Smith beats him out in camp. 

I don't wonder why.  Do you?

25 minutes ago, cant wait said:

lucky for him "everybody else" happened to be the softest teams in the league. can't fault the guy for cashing in, he saw an opportunity and exploited it. now if we can only face bottom-feeders for the playoffs the jets might be able to make a run this season

Good point, but remember the Jets were a team with a rookie coach with a chaotic quarterback situation following a 4-12 campaign. So, there weren't really any EASY games per se. This season they will be tested much more stringently with a very difficult schedule and everyone, from head coach to quarterback to rookies and veterans alike, will have to step up their game.

Archived